Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2013, 11:42 AM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I'm confused. You agreed with Ascension who said "almost all" women in that age range, blah blah blah. And you said you see it all the time in that age range.

I said I rarely see that behavior...

I do see it all the time. I didn't say the majority of the population. My point being it's much more noticiably vs. the more boring mundane Joe/Jane Doe relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 11:42 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I believe you but I bet that most of these women got with men who made MORE MONEY than they did.

Young women today want primarily wealthy guys and bad boys.
You like to argue, don't you?

Most of the guys they dated were pretty average, not wealthy or anything. Considering it was the college crowd, most people were either broke or barely making it. It wouldn't be hard for a date to make more money even if it was 30k a year.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:45 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I do see it all the time. I didn't say the majority of the population. My point being it's much more noticiably vs. the more boring mundane Joe/Jane Doe relationship.
I see. I guess it just appeared you were agreeing that almost all women like bad boys. BS, btw.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:47 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Most early 20-somethings I knew/know were either still in school or at entry-level positions in their careers. My SO and I were both pretty broke when we got together and frankly, we're not rich now....maybe he's a bad boy and I just don't know it? Apparently you must be one or the other.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:52 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
I don't see young women today wanting "pointdexter" to take care of them...they are getting an education so they can take care of themselves.
Well you're not living in reality.

I'm talking about the women who were left with 3 children from the bad boy.

Basically single mothers, the ones who are looking for a mate who generally now want the nice guy after the bad boy screwed them over.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:54 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,482 times
Quote:

I'm talking about the women who were left with 3 children from the bad boy.

Basically single mothers, the ones who are looking for a mate who generally now want the nice guy after the bad boy screwed them over.
So you are talking about a small fraction of women then?

Old 02-01-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
You like to argue, don't you?

Most of the guys they dated were pretty average, not wealthy or anything. Considering it was the college crowd, most people were either broke or barely making it. It wouldn't be hard for a date to make more money even if it was 30k a year.
Liar and I call BS.

If the men weren't wealthy, you can't tell me that most of your female friends made more money then their men.

Most women who get with men get with men who make MORE MONEY than they do unless the women is just plain ugly.

Super ugly women aren't able to attract very wealthy men or men who make considerably more than they do.

Despite how independent you women like to call yourselves, in most relationships men make more money.

Most decent looking women wouldn't be caught dead with a guy who made less money than they did.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
So you are talking about a small fraction of women then?
Depends, a considerable portion of young women in the modern day do date bad boys or rich guys.

Some women who dated jerks are able to land a husband with no problem while others are not able to get married as easily.

But typically women want to marry nice guys who and want to date bad boys.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:57 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
It's just as much of a reality as what you are talking about, except I've never seen your reality outside of TV. Reality for me is that most of my friends who are married are married to good people. None of them have had children out of wedlock, or had children as a trap. My single friends are serial monogamists who do not get taken advantage of by unsavory people. No one is a golddigger, because in many cases the woman is just as or more successful than her husband/boyfriend. No one is used up and desperate. That's normal.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:58 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,482 times
Quote:
Liar and I call BS.

If the men weren't wealthy, you can't tell me that most of your female friends made more money then their men.

Most women who get with men get with men who make MORE MONEY than they do unless the women is just plain ugly.

Super ugly women aren't able to attract very wealthy men or men who make considerably more than they do.

Despite how independent you women like to call yourselves, in most relationships men make more money.

Most decent looking women wouldn't be caught dead with a guy who made less money than they did.
Well, who makes more money is changing. I see many couples who make similar amounts of money. Amongst younger couples, there is probably a greater percentage than ever before where the woman makes more.

The man automatically making more money may have been the "rule" in my parent's generation...not so much now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships