Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 11:14 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Please note that in my revision I asked for a MAN. A good, Catholic MAN. One that has never been married and doesn't want kids.

And I made it sound appealing instead of torturous.
Oh, this is cruel! That infamous, clever-wording marketing departments place on goods to make them seem more desirable than they really are, and when the consumer takes them home and opens them up, all hell breaks loose.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
That sounds much better than what I posted. The only difference is I am open to having kids (biological or adopted)but didn't put that in because I don't want to sound like it's the only important thing. In the later boxes I mentioned I have a Greyhound, Russian Blue and a Parakeet but maybe I'll put it in my main profile.
Just change the part about kids to simply say "Am open to having some of my own someday".

It's simple and it lets people know you don't want to be a stepmom.

Good luck with your new profile.

As an aside? I have a Master's in English, I'm a professional editor, and I used to teach.

It's much easier to edit than to create content.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Oh, this is cruel! That infamous, clever-wording marketing departments place on goods to make them seem more desirable than they really are, and when the consumer takes them home and opens them up, all hell breaks loose.
I forgot. I am also in marketing.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:20 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Thanks Meh for that helpful advice and it really does sound much better. I knew I wanted to change it because I know several of my profiles were terrible.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Thanks Meh for that helpful advice and it really does sound much better. I knew I wanted to change it because I know several of my profiles were terrible.
Any time.

It's really hard to know exactly what to say when you're talking about yourself.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:26 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,463 times
WINGS, BEER, FOOTBALL

That'll get them flocking to you like flies to sh*t!

Old 02-05-2013, 11:44 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,311,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
WINGS, BEER, FOOTBALL

That'll get them flocking to you like flies to sh*t!
Which is fantastic, if you're interested in meeting a bunch of flies.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:07 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
IDDY this is much better than the first one, and I like Mehs offering. Since you are using Match, please do take advantage of the area where you can be picky and choosy of what kind of man you want. This is the area that will help you exclude the type you DONT want.

We all know there are things that you are not looking for and Match offers a great way to do it by being positive. It allows you to pick what you DO want, leaving the things you don't want off the list. This is a great way for it to remain positive.

Instead of saying something like, "I do not want a married man, I do not want a divorced man, single parent, etc etc." it allows you to pick the opposites, keeping your profile positive.Don't worry that they contacted you even though you didn't want them to. We have to remember it's a free country.

Remember the term "thanks but no thanks" or something of the like. If they are rude, Match offers a block feature. Instead of getting into a debate with them, block them right away. You wont have to deal with them again.

Where do you see your future? While mine was corny as ever, it was heart-felt and it was true..... I just wanted to find that man who would sit on the front porch swing with me....

Well I found him, and I am sure he would, but we dont have a front porch swing! One day, I swear, we will! lol

Good luck IDDY. Use those features! They keep it positive!!! Very important!

Know that some of those men may contact you anyway and let it just roll off your shoulders.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:13 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
At the expense of getting laughed at on here (I can take it) I will post my actual profile write up from a couple of years ago. It is down to the point who I am while it may be corny, it was me:

Hi! I am someone who enjoys just being herself. I love to laugh and be happy, and enjoy being around people who are of like mind. I love being surrounded by nature, and even more than that, I love photographing it. I am big on family, and I love mine dearly. I am an intellectual, and I love to learn new things. I am left brained and I am analytical, just how I am. No biggie. =) I have been known to enjoy a few baseball games as well.... The roar of the crowd, the colors passing by here and there, all of the senses being used..... I love feeling the roar in your chest... just like at a high school football game, when the band plays and you can just feel it inside of you! The biggest thing about me is... I am just me. I do not pretend to be anyone else. Why should I? In life, all I want truly is to be happy. I don't have a great need for things. Things are fine, but I do not base my life around them. I think that if you are with someone you love and enjoy spending your time with there should not have to be much else..... What do I want? I want every day. I want someone who enjoys life. I wanna swing on the front porch swing and be happy knowing that the one sitting next to me is happy as well...

There. That is how I got the best man ever. =) True story.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:07 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
I tamed down the never married, childless part, and this is non negotiable. I want the men to know my dog, cat and bird are my kids.

You say you are childless, yet the dog, cat and bird are your kids. You are wasting your time and money on the site. Really. Guys are gonna think you are a nutjob.

Ah...I see you took that out. Good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.