Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 11:39 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I think Meh's rewrite is great, but I would suggest taking out the (never married). For a lot of people, the gut reaction to someone-male or female-over 40 and never married is "must be something wrong with this one."
Spot on as usual. THe biggest obstacle in my dating world, is the fact that ive never been married, and dont have any kids at the age of 37. People are weird.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:42 AM

333 posts, read 310,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
She could also experiment. Match has the options for both single and never married. She could try one, see how it goes and then switch to the other to see if she gets better results. Speaking from my own experience, when I switched from 37 and widowed to 37 and single, my profile views dropped considerably. Of course, it is possible I also live in a much more finicky area than she does.
In my area, many of the same pictures have been up for 10 years, and these are not unattractive women. (Also not 10's, but not hideous either.) I don't think people know what the hell they're doing, if you want to know the truth.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:11 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,372,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Spot on as usual. THe biggest obstacle in my dating world, is the fact that ive never been married, and dont have any kids at the age of 37. People are weird.
I was always looking for someone who had been married and had kids and had that thought of I wonder why they have never been married by this age.....

The man I met and have settled down with has never been married nor has he had children.... and he is normal, lol.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:15 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
Like I said in the previous post, everybody has a story. You could be the innocent party here, or you maybe have some undesirable traits you need to own up to. You're the one who has to be honest with yourself.
Yes, I like how women on here always play the victim , its ALWAYS the mans fault.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:28 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
idontdateyou, i am in a similar situation to you, snm, catholic, early
40's, but male.. (far from your radius)...
I am surprised you haven't tried the Catholic dating sites, there
is Catholic Match, Catholic Mingle, TraditionalSingles (Latin Mass crowd)
Catholicdatingforfree, and for the "most" serious about marriage,
Ave Maria Singles.
I tried CatholicMatch and outside of talking to a few women not much else. I did meet a great guy but he lives 6 hours away and is over 10 years younger so we talk as friends. I was contacted by a few guys there but none of them ended up meeting me. I also got some freaky men, including an extremely misogynist man who believed women were property of men. I will try the others though.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinajolie View Post
That's what I'm gonna say too. I too am never married/childless when I was active online and while I prefer the same. I don't mind divorced guys. In fact I married a divorced guy with a son. He does not have relationship with his son though.

Actually just watched a millionaire matchmaker epi and the matchmaker said divorced guys actually are keepers since it shows they are not afraid of commitment and they know how to live a marriage life, buying houses, raising kids, etc.
I don't listen to TV shows and honestly I don't think divorced men are keepers anymore than single men. Divorced men that I have known had more issues than the single men, like dealing with the ex, child support and while they might have bought a house often they lost it to the ex.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I don't take advice from reality tv but I do have to say that what you are saying here is not a fact.

Every circumstance is different, and not all marriages can be stayed in for the long haul. Do you expect a woman who was abused to stay in a marriage? Do you expect a man or a woman who were cheated on to continue to be in a relationship like that?

Many people try and try in a marriage for years and finally cant handle the way they are treated anymore. They finally understand that they are better than that and deserve more. It does not make them a failure, it makes them a success, for finally getting away from that person.

I am a divorced person and I will stand by that all day long.
I know many who divorced for what I consider valid reasons (like those you mentioned)but also know people both genders who divorced for silly reasons like someone got fat. I know if I was to date a divorced guy I would ask upfront why he got divorced.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
From what she has told us, they want a woman in her mid-20s, not a woman her age. Devout Catholics usually want to have a family, and IDDY is on the fence at best about children. Catholic and childfree is a hard sell.
It's not that I am on the fence, but rather that at my age I am realistic I may not have kids naturally. I might still (my doctor says it is likely)but I always look at adoption as another option.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:35 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
If you really want the right types of men to respond to your profile, you need to explain how you will *enhance* a man's life. If a man had made it to his 40s without being married, he obviously is comfortable with being single and does nt need you. What are you bringing to the table to make him want to integrate you into his world? I like the profile revisions thus far, but they don't go far enough. Answer my question and you will see a big difference in the men who contact you.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
on the fence?...even if she wants to have her own kids (biological) at 42, that ship just about left the harbor.
Not always. There is never a guarantee a woman can have kids or a man can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships