Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 01:23 PM

32 posts, read 33,889 times

Advertisements

...actually we kind of get on each other's nerves,does that mean our marriage sucks? I think it does. Been married 7 years btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 01:27 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,303,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frendov View Post
...actually we kind of get on each other's nerves,does that mean our marriage sucks? I think it does. Been married 7 years btw.
My bf drove me nuts when I lived with him (and vice versa). We decided living together wasn't working and it was putting a strain on our relationship so we both got our own places. It's worked wonders for us and we get along a lot better now than we ever did living together. I believe some people are just not meant to live day in and day out with another person. I dont find it to be a flaw. Is it possible you two could live separately in order to salvage the relationship? Or is there an underlying issue beyond just the living situation?

Old 02-19-2013, 01:31 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
How, exactly, are you getting on each other's nerves? Is it something that you're doing or not doing? Are you communicating well with each other?

Old 02-19-2013, 01:39 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frendov View Post
Not enough information, so let me ask you a few questions:

Do you do housework? If so, what?

Do you pick up after yourself?

Do you leave the seat up? And leave pee on the rim of the bowl?

Do you cook?

Do you have kids? What do you do with the kids?

Does she work?

If so, do you let her have some downtime when she gets home from work, just a half-hour or so to get out of her work clothes and relax, before you start asking about dinner?

Do you follow her from room to room wanting attention?

Do you ever make her or both of you late because you're dawdling around the house?

Do you eat most of the food in the refrigerator? If so, do you pay for most of the food in the refrigerator?

Do you leave just a couple of teaspoons of milk, mayonnaise, peanut butter, or jelly in the containers just so you can say you didn't take the last of it, because you're too lazy to write the name of an item on a grocery list when you are about to finish it off?

Do you stand in front of the refrigerator asking where the eggs are so that she has to come over and take them off the shelf and hand them to you?

Do you randomly go out and buy things you know your household can't afford?

Do you even know what your household can afford? Or do you just expect the Magic Check-Writing Fairy (AKA "the wife") to keep tabs on these things and make sure all the bills are paid?

Do you invite guests over without clearing it with your wife?

Do you sit around playing video games all the time?

When you turn on the TV or stereo, do you actually watch or listen to them? Or do you just turn them on to "have company?" And how loud do you turn up the volume?

Just thinking of the things that contributed to my asking my ex for a divorce.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:44 PM

223 posts, read 207,948 times
Yep the old 7 year itch.

Nothing new here people.

Looking back that's when my marriage should have ended, but I wasted another 3 years.

Is the Seven-Year Itch Real? - Emotional Health Center - Everyday Health

Old 02-19-2013, 03:08 PM

32 posts, read 33,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
My bf drove me nuts when I lived with him (and vice versa). We decided living together wasn't working and it was putting a strain on our relationship so we both got our own places. It's worked wonders for us and we get along a lot better now than we ever did living together. I believe some people are just not meant to live day in and day out with another person. I dont find it to be a flaw. Is it possible you two could live separately in order to salvage the relationship? Or is there an underlying issue beyond just the living situation?
I think we agree now that moving in was the first mistake,should have just done the long distance thing but at the time she was rebounding and needed the closeness^

Old 02-19-2013, 04:21 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,878,541 times
Not really. Are you home all the time, every waking second of the day? I would get irritated too. If you're working and home in the evenings, take her out on a date, have some fun. Getting into a rut is when wandering eyes emerge.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:14 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,835,338 times
Are you a bum?

Old 02-19-2013, 05:21 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Here's another question: Do you ignore her when she asks you something?

Old 02-19-2013, 05:24 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,835,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Here's another question: Do you ignore her when she asks you something?
I'd ignore her too if she asked as many questions as you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships