Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 02:08 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Yabbut, men marry women with short hair over long hair, if you look around you. Odds are, if a woman is married, she has short hair.
I have heard grown men complain that once the ring is on the finger, the hair gets buzzed like a boot camp Joe, nary another cooked meal, and the bee-jays (can I say that?) become an annual "reward". Men and women both tend to complain a lot about their spouses, so I think this goes both ways (beer belly, comb-over, midlife crisis, etc.)

I don't think it has anything to do with how many kids a woman has - I have two and the ends of my hair touch down to the little dimples 'down there'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 02:20 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
Quote:
Yabbut, men marry women with short hair over long hair, if you look around you. Odds are, if a woman is married, she has short hair.
poppycock!

Old 10-26-2007, 03:15 PM

236 posts, read 442,101 times
I have always had short hair. I am 38 and I have had short hair since I was in second grade. It has never been longer than the middle of my neck. I have tried growing it out but it was always in my eyes and it also is much hotter in the summer time. I am constantly changes hair styles and colors. When I get bored with one I change. I was a blonde during the summer now I am going to multi dark red with blonde highlights. I think most men do like long hair on women but I think that is more of a preference than a requirement.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:19 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,608,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I have heard grown men complain that once the ring is on the finger, the hair gets buzzed like a boot camp Joe, nary another cooked meal, and the bee-jays (can I say that?) become an annual "reward". Men and women both tend to complain a lot about their spouses, so I think this goes both ways (beer belly, comb-over, midlife crisis, etc.)

I don't think it has anything to do with how many kids a woman has - I have two and the ends of my hair touch down to the little dimples 'down there'.

LMAO, aaaahhhh, donth8me to the rescue, I think donthate knows whats she talking about here. Especially the one about the Bees, bzzzz bzzzz ~ annual reward ~ LOL. Poor guys out there ~ I feel bad for some married guys, I couldn't imagine only getting my pee-jays once a year ~ can I say that?? My husband would not be happy with only an annual. Back on topic here ~ weren't we talking about hair?? Lovely hair Donth8Me!!!

I love your posts Donth8me!!! aren't you the one who posted the "tramp stamp" thing on another thread?

Old 10-26-2007, 03:21 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,608,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
I have always had short hair. I am 38 and I have had short hair since I was in second grade. It has never been longer than the middle of my neck. I have tried growing it out but it was always in my eyes and it also is much hotter in the summer time. I am constantly changes hair styles and colors. When I get bored with one I change. I was a blonde during the summer now I am going to multi dark red with blonde highlights. I think most men do like long hair on women but I think that is more of a preference than a requirement.
Exactly, it may be a preference for SOME, but not a requirement. Just like breasts, some men like large ones, doesn't mean they all marry women with large breasts!

Old 10-26-2007, 03:34 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
LMAO, aaaahhhh, donth8me to the rescue, I think donthate knows whats she talking about here. Especially the one about the Bees, bzzzz bzzzz ~ annual reward ~ LOL. Poor guys out there ~ I feel bad for some married guys, I couldn't imagine only getting my pee-jays once a year ~ can I say that?? My husband would not be happy with only an annual. Back on topic here ~ weren't we talking about hair?? Lovely hair Donth8Me!!!

I love your posts Donth8me!!! aren't you the one who posted the "tramp stamp" thing on another thread?
Yep, that was me. Call 'em like I see 'em. Beauty (and long hair) is fleeting...a tattoo is forever. I plan to live until I'm at least 80 (hoping for 120, but let's be realistic) and I would not want to see (and especially not for others to see) what that tat on my 80 year-old backside looks like!

To be sure, the length a woman wears her hair should have a lot to do with the shape of her face and there is no rule of thumb for what is beautiful. All women are beautiful, and I would listen to what an unbiased person would have to say vs. someone who can't be anything but subjective (hairdresser, catty colleagues, hubby, etc.). You all know, when perfect strangers come up to you while going about your business during the day and pay you a compliment straight out of the blue, that is the look that works for you!

Old 10-26-2007, 06:56 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,516,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post

Hey, that's what they got themselves into...and if they lie about what they like sexually, imagine what else they lie about.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:01 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,516,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Yep, that was me. Call 'em like I see 'em. Beauty (and long hair) is fleeting...a tattoo is forever. I plan to live until I'm at least 80 (hoping for 120, but let's be realistic) and I would not want to see (and especially not for others to see) what that tat on my 80 year-old backside looks like!

To be sure, the length a woman wears her hair should have a lot to do with the shape of her face and there is no rule of thumb for what is beautiful. All women are beautiful, and I would listen to what an unbiased person would have to say vs. someone who can't be anything but subjective (hairdresser, catty colleagues, hubby, etc.). You all know, when perfect strangers come up to you while going about your business during the day and pay you a compliment straight out of the blue, that is the look that works for you!
I agree, it is more about the mindset. Maybe the hair represents something. For me, my hair is shoulder length, not really all that long, but not the short over the ears thingy.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 3,240 times
long hair make women look more feminine. short hair make women look tom boyish.
most of us men are not attracted to tom boy.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:03 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Quote:
What's up with the hair thing?
I always read how men love long hair, blah blah...but when I look around, especially at women my age, the married women have short hair. Sometimes, as short as the man's.
Now...sometimes, short hair can be very sexy...so don't get me wrong. I am talking about the ones who just cut it all off. Just because it's a bother, because they don't "need it" anymore. Which leads me to wonder about all the fussing over the shorter hair. The salon visits constantly, the gels, sprays, setting, special devices that look almost phallic.
Like one place I worked, this girl had nice hair, just past her shoulders. She gets married, and a few inches get lopped off, and it still looked nice. Then, one day, she comes in, and it's Man Hair time. The other women praised her, as if she somehow surrendered herself to things because now, she has a "hairdo". What's up with that? "Oh, that looks nice!" More like nice and bland and nothing. Were they happy now, because she was like them? And to make it worse, in another month, it was even shorter. Somehow, cutting it made more work, more fussing, more obsessing with the hair. Why is short hair considered easier to care for? They all had the same hairdo, with the ends jelled and spiked up and out. Same hairdo. Maybe same thoughts, same brains? Is this about conformity? Where is David Crosby with "Almost Cut My Hair?"

So men like this? Because this is what I see them marrying. My hair is just past my shoulders, but it waves a lot, so I lose some of the length when it dries. I am not ready to cut my hair all off and I guess to me, that's like getting old. I am not for long witchy gray hair either. Just my thing. Do women who cut their hair find guys who love them easier? If you look around, it sure looks like it. Or am I missing something here? (I've been known to do that)

"Hey can I have some of your purple berries???"
I only like long hair.

Short hair occurs many times after a woman gives birth. It's easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships