Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2013, 01:22 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa78703 View Post
If a much younger man took an interest in me, I would first assume it was because he thought I had money to spend on him. Sorry to be so brutal, but that's kinda the way it is.

I'm embarrassed for some of these older, wealthier gals who tout their "boy toys" -- men they typically support or help support. We cast a wary eye at female gold diggers; how is this any different --?

Incomes and education being equal, I really couldn't see myself being interested in someone a lot younger. I was with someone 10 years younger, and things cropped up that I didn't expect. I was sure I didn't want kids and was at an age where it was impractical anyway. He was still in his late 20s and didn't know for sure -- and turns out that he did want kids. So obviously, that turned out to be a big deal breaker.
That's why you only date younger men who have good salaries and know if they require kids or not.

I was married to a guy closer to my age that I wound up having to support like he was an extra child. My current husband is 13 years my junior and makes nearly twice my (reasonably high) salary.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:24 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisenberg5750 View Post
We are talking in generalities here. The exception does not make the rule, but I am seeing that on this forum, it usually does.
I just think all people are motivated by different things. Generalities are dangerous to cling to.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:25 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,382,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisenberg5750 View Post
I wouldn't call older men liking young women a fetish. That's pretty normal. It's nature actually. Younger women are physically hotter.
Guess what? So are younger men!

But I think that older dudes are pretty deluded if they think that younger women will flock to them UNLESS THEY HAVE MONEY. Doesn't have to be a lot of money; just enough to support them so they get that little life bonu$. When is the last time you saw a hot 20-year-old female going after an older man with a state pension? Exactly never, maybe?

If men are okay with being a human ATM machine, hey ... none of my business. And if younger women are fine with being someone who looks like their dad, again ... none of my business. These couples deserve each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 01:27 PM

40 posts, read 130,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa78703 View Post
Guess what? So are younger men!

But I think that older dudes are pretty deluded if they think that younger women will flock to them UNLESS THEY HAVE MONEY. Doesn't have to be a lot of money; just enough to support them so they get that little life bonu$. When is the last time you saw a hot 20-year-old female going after an older man with a state pension? Exactly never, maybe?

If men are okay with being a human ATM machine, hey ... none of my business. And if younger women are fine with being someone who looks like their dad, again ... none of my business. These couples deserve each other.
I agree....

Old 09-07-2013, 01:30 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,251,133 times
id like to chime in with a different angle-
when i was 20, most of the 40-50 yr old ladies, looked like mothers, and could be grandmothers....

today, many woman in their 40's look in their low 30's, and some woman in their 50's look like they are in their early 40's or late 30's

also keep in mind,,,if more guys are dating older ladies, maybe its because the older ladies are smiling or fliting with them,,,,maybe they are single and it makes em feel young,,,better than an overweight slug of a 50 yr old man

Old 09-07-2013, 01:34 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,233,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Can't believe we are rehashing this again. Here, let me try English this time.

LOOK PEOPLE, Dating is based almost entirely on supply and demand.

If a guy in his 20s can land a hot girl in his 20s, HE FRGGN DOES IT.

If he cannot land a hot 20 yr old, he settles for a 30 yr old, or hell....even a 40 yr old with a couple kids in tow. WTF does he care....he isn't gonna marry her anyway. Few bangs and move on. (yes I quoted him)

And the heart warming story about 65 yr old Grandma married to 55 was really sweet.....but I am kinda thinking if her porker balding 55 yr old coulda done better, he would have. And she might be suprised one day to find out that he doesn't actually "work nights".
yep, its not rocket science. I think my family still wonders why they are not going to get grand kids (unless I were to get major plastic surgery done to completely alter my appearance to the point that I needed to change my drivers license or be arrested for having a fake ID), I don't have the heart to tell them if they have not figured it out yet. If I were able to regularly land hot 20 something's (when I was 20 something) on a regular basis I would probably have had a kid by now lol.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:38 PM

40 posts, read 130,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
yep, its not rocket science. I think my family still wonders why they are not going to get grand kids (unless I were to get major plastic surgery done to completely alter my appearance to the point that I needed to change my drivers license or be arrested for having a fake ID), I don't have the heart to tell them if they have not figured it out yet. If I were able to regularly land hot 20 something's (when I was 20 something) on a regular basis I would probably have had a kid by now lol.
Some people just refuse to see the reality of the world and put on rose colored shades to view it through. Sometimes reality is depressing.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:43 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,382,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
That's why you only date younger men who have good salaries and know if they require kids or not.

I was married to a guy closer to my age that I wound up having to support like he was an extra child. My current husband is 13 years my junior and makes nearly twice my (reasonably high) salary.
Ah! True, all of that. I don't see 10-15 years in age being that difficult to navigate. It's when the age gap is more like 25, 30+ years. I look at it this way: I don't have any female friends who are 25, 30 years younger than me. I just don't have that much in common with women that age. So I'm very unlikely to have much in common with a romantic partner who's that much younger.

BTW, I define "much younger" if I could have feasibly been their mother's age when she had 'em.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:47 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,801,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridol2005 View Post
I just dont get why very young men are interested in dating women who are in their 40s and 50s. Can you guys explain it please.
A lesser risk of pregnancy and being forced to pay child support as a result occurring. Also, more life experience, could be more old-fashioned, could have better tastes, likes, and hobbies, et cetera.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:57 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,251,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
A lesser risk of pregnancy and being forced to pay child support as a result occurring. Also, more life experience, could be more old-fashioned, could have better tastes, likes, and hobbies, et cetera.
good points..
and mature women are far more confident and can handle themselves very well with men- they know how to read men quite well.

some young women,,you approach the wrong way, you say the wrong thing, they run off like a deer...mature women are wiser
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships