Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2014, 03:31 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times

Advertisements

I am on OKCupid. I get daily messages from 20-25 year olds. I don't get it. I am 37!!!

I MAY look like 34, in the half darkness of a club maybe even younger, but still would look ridiculous going out with a 20 year old. What do they want from me, buying them alcohol??

Teaching them sex? I first would teach them how to dress right and pull up their jeans over their butt and put the hat on straight and not backwards and that selfies are not acceptable when they were taken in their parents bathroom. I even put it my profile description on the very top that I am not interested in younger guys. And boy (haha) they keep the messages coming even when I don't answer. I wish the older folks would be fighing over me like they do

Hmmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 04:02 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am on OKCupid. I get daily messages from 20-25 year olds. I don't get it. I am 37!!!

I MAY look like 34, in the half darkness of a club maybe even younger, but still would look ridiculous going out with a 20 year old. What do they want from me, buying them alcohol??

Teaching them sex? I first would teach them how to dress right and pull up their jeans over their butt and put the hat on straight and not backwards and that selfies are not acceptable when they were taken in their parents bathroom. I even put it my profile description on the very top that I am not interested in younger guys. And boy (haha) they keep the messages coming even when I don't answer. I wish the older folks would be fighing over me like they do

Hmmmm.
That's the sad part, your last sentence. The older men are kind of like a beloved pet you have had for a while. They expect everything to come to them...they seem to have forgotten or have never known that an exciting part of romance is the man making advances toward the woman and doing things to show he is interested in her. Many women like that.
Energy level and motivation can be a problem in those "older models"

Old 04-21-2014, 04:07 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezguitar View Post
It isn't really about being past playing games. It's just a "different" game.

Older women don't get the same amount of attention that younger women in their prime receive. If they've held on to their looks to a reasonable degree, younger men will approach them for sex. They tend to be easier because the playing field evens out over time as they get older. Women reach their peak a lot sooner than men.

Of course, even older women can be difficult depending on their circumstances. They seem to be more apt to hook you with sex to get commitment if they haven't already found it from someone else.
I guess I'm an oddball. I've just never had a problem finding men I wanted to date who wanted to date me.

I've never had a problem finding sex from men if I wanted it.

I'm married now, but he and I started dating when I was 37 and he was 24. That was almost 9 years ago and we're still great. And, yes... he'd dated younger women before. He's just always worked with older people, due to becoming advanced in his career very quickly, and he tended to move in an older social circle the more serious his career became. That's how we met. At work.

Eh. I worry not about such things, dude.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:13 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:

Hmmmm.
Even though I met my husband when he was 24 and I was 37 and we have been together for quite some time now, I would not have dated a man his age off a dating site. I didn't know how old my husband was until we'd been friends for quite some time at work. I figured he was in his early 30s or something. I'd dated younger, but not THAT young. I mean, the largest gap prior to my husband was 6.5 years younger than me.

Which is about how much of a gap I thought we had until he told me how old he was. LOL.

Ah well... no big. He didn't think I was 37, either. He figured I was late 20s/early 30s (I do look a little younger than my age, even now at 46) and he's not hung up on age anyway.

We get along very well. He's a bit more grounded than I am. We finish each other's thoughts pretty often. We really do click.

I think it's good to get to know someone before settling in with them, regardless of age.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:15 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
That's the sad part, your last sentence. The older men are kind of like a beloved pet you have had for a while. They expect everything to come to them...they seem to have forgotten or have never known that an exciting part of romance is the man making advances toward the woman and doing things to show he is interested in her. Many women like that.
Energy level and motivation can be a problem in those "older models"
"The older men are kind of like a beloved pet you have had for a while."
"Woof Woof, give me a treat already"

"they seem to have forgotten or have never known that an exciting part of romance"
Have never forgot romance, Maybe my suspenders but never romance

Old 04-21-2014, 05:09 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
Quote:

Hmmmm.
I am 33 and I have learned to go after women that I dont have to "fight" for. Life is already busy and stressful enough. I dont want to be going home to masterbate for months while the women im "fighting" over is working a spread sheet of 10 men to choose from. That scenario just totally sucks the fun out of dating. I think any man that has found themselves single in their 30's has figured this out, unless they got married at 18 and just got divorced at 30 something. Even the long time married recently divorced guy will figure it out really quickly unless they are really dumb. But why would you want to date someone that dumb.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
So what are those worn by young women with 60-inch hips called? Is there some kind of "cute" name for those? They are just as ugly, trust. Fat is fat, my dear. No matter who's toting it around.
Do you feel big and bad now with your internet muscles?

I'm pretty sure my real muscles are bigger.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:29 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,599 times
Quote:

Hmmmm.
Easy lays

Old 04-21-2014, 05:30 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
No, they're not.

They're just past playing games. If they want sex? They have sex. If they don't want sex, they let you know. Straight up.

Did it ever occur to you that some men might just not be hung up on age?

Some women aren't hung up on age. Not everyone obsesses over such things.
That's easy.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:37 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
I'm going to guess most young impressionable things are not looking for meaningful or long lasting relationships.

Just a wild guess though

It fits right in with the MO Of some older females who have had nothing but bad luck or come out of wasted relationships.

...just in it for the fun with none of the fluff.

Rock on if thats your thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships