Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 12:53 PM

927 posts, read 2,466,766 times

Advertisements

I've been dating a girl for 4 months. This are going great and we are both really into it. My biggest concern is I know it's early and we are still in the "hunnymoon" stage of the relationship.

Any ideas on how to make the transition in the next few months to normal life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 01:20 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,059 times
Just keep it up and do more of the same. Who said the hunnymoon ever has to end? I'm just as enamored and smitten now by my SO as I was when we first started seeing each other 15+ years ago. Some people don't believe there is "the one", but I disagree and perhaps you should too because you may have just found her.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:20 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
In my experience, it just happens as you grow more comfortable and relaxed with each other, there's nothing you need to do, other than enjoy it.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:33 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,102 times
"Hunnymoon"? What is this, Winney the Pooh?

Old 03-11-2013, 01:41 PM

442 posts, read 800,551 times
I was about to ask the same thing.

Do you eat her putty regularly?

Old 03-11-2013, 04:36 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
The transition is a natural growth, But I would suggest continuously treating her like gold if you are already doing so. Be supportive when it is needed, Have conversations regularly, Tend to her needs maybe cooking for her, Feeding the dog/cat/ferret or just bringing her an ice cold Schlitz malt liquor from the store. It's the little things that show a lot usually.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:36 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Do you want to make the transition now or prolong the high? Or are you worried you won't be able to cope if things feel more normal?

Old 03-11-2013, 05:47 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Burp. Fart. Wear baseball hats on dates. Don't shave on date night. Slap her arse and tell her to get you a beer. Roll over and fall asleep after sex. Get into a rut with doing the same thing for every date. Start taking fishing trips with the guys twice a month. Ask her if you can borrow $20. Then you'll transition, all right.

Seriously, what's the rush toward feeling like an old shoe? Are you afraid there's nothing else there? Enjoy this part of your relationship. For all you know, it could last a good long time.

P.S. Even when the honeymoon ends, please don't take anyone for granted.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:58 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,610,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
The transition is a natural growth, But I would suggest continuously treating her like gold if you are already doing so. Be supportive when it is needed, Have conversations regularly, Tend to her needs maybe cooking for her, Feeding the dog/cat/ferret or just bringing her an ice cold Schlitz malt liquor from the store. It's the little things that show a lot usually.
You got it wrong, it's a Corona from the store. No self respecting woman drinks Schlitz. And if you have to do malt liquor, it's Olde English, kicking it old school. Please remember to bring some home, thanks.

I say why should the honeymoon phase end? If things are going well, then be happy with that. I've had relationships where I wanted to choke the person by the 4th month. Be glad it's working out, and go with it.

The problem with some relationships is that people get too comfortable and then start taking each other for granted, or expecting things. Always respect your partner and treat them the way you would want to be treated at all times. Even after you've been together for a while, still say thank you, please and appreciate what you have. Because if you don't, someone else surely will.

For the record, the BF and I are going on 10 months soon and it still feels like the beginning.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:10 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Burp. Fart. Wear baseball hats on dates. Don't shave on date night. Slap her arse and tell her to get you a beer. Roll over and fall asleep after sex. Get into a rut with doing the same thing for every date. Start taking fishing trips with the guys twice a month. Ask her if you can borrow $20. Then you'll transition, all right.

Seriously, what's the rush toward feeling like an old shoe? Are you afraid there's nothing else there? Enjoy this part of your relationship. For all you know, it could last a good long time.

P.S. Even when the honeymoon ends, please don't take anyone for granted.
lol....just don't tell her yet the $20 is for the nudey bar, that might be a little too much transition to soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships