Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 10:29 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathyann31 View Post
I'd leave as sex compatibility is extremely important I'm good in the sack and I want my partner to be good in that department as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 10:37 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
So a man has to mow the lawn, do the dishes, and dole out compliments and all the woman has to do it take her clothes off and lay down. That's a sweet arrangement there!
It's a partnership, both people in the relationship will have responsibilities to hold up to, and yes if she doesn't hold her end of things, the relationship will go downhill quickly.

Women can mow the grass, do the the dishes and give compliments as well, but holding onto a checklist in a relationship isn't going to do anything good.

And you do these things not because you want sex, but because you honestly care for your partner and you want he or she to be happy and satisfied. Sex improves and is more frequent when both people are in a happy, blossoming relationship, not because at 6pm your checklist was completed and therefore you deserve sex.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:41 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,783,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
It's a partnership, both people in the relationship will have responsibilities to hold up to, and yes if she doesn't hold her end of things, the relationship will go downhill quickly.

Women can mow the grass, do the the dishes and give compliments as well, but holding onto a checklist in a relationship isn't going to do anything good.

And you do these things not because you want sex, but because you honestly care for your partner and you want he or she to be happy and satisfied. Sex improves and is more frequent when both people are in a happy, blossoming relationship, not because at 6pm your checklist was completed and therefore you deserve sex.

Stan was insinuating that other variables must be met in order for a wife to want sex, however, men don't care about other variables and just want sex no matter what. So in Stan's example women are using sex like a carrot on the end of a stick.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:43 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Stan was insinuating that other variables must be met in order for a wife to want sex, however, men don't care about other variables and just want sex no matter what. So in Stan's example women are using sex like a carrot on the end of a stick.
No.
Just saying that some people can have sex no matter what and some people cannot have/enjoy sex if they are p*****d off for other reasons.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
and some people cannot have/enjoy sex if they are p*****d off for other reasons.
Like the fact that you didn't mow the lawn, didn't wash the dishes, and didn't dole out compliments?

Old 03-17-2013, 10:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No.
Just saying that some people can have sex no matter what and some people cannot have/enjoy sex if they are p*****d off for other reasons.
True...true.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:49 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Like the fact that you didn't mow the lawn, didn't wash the dishes, and didn't dole out compliments?
No.
My exes did all their chores.
It was other fundamental differences and ways of cheezing me off that did our sex life in.

However, someone who was a lazy ass would never get to first base with me.

Btw, VX, you may look at those things as mere chores, but to someone else, not doing them can equal taking them for granted or not caring about their happiness. Just a heads up.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:52 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
So men don't care about variables in there SO's day-to-day lives?

I sure as hell did.

If she didn't go to work because, **** it she didn't care to go, you bet I would have been pissed and if she was feeling frisky I wouldn't have had sex with her.

Or, if I worked and she was a Stay home wife, and she didn't keep the house clean and make sure the bills are paid, and all she did was sit on her ass and watch Oprah, I sure as hell would be pissed and tells me that she doesn't care about the marriage nor does she want to hold up her end of the partnership.

Yeah, I sure as hell would care. I'd care a lot, since her actions would tell me how much she values me and the relationship.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:59 PM

I've had angry sex before and rather enjoyed it. One time me and my ex were fighting and giving each other the silent treatment and she came out of the room and said "let's just have sex" and it was amazing!
H*ll, I once had sex while I was in terrible pain with an infected tooth!

Old 03-17-2013, 11:01 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
First I would try to improve it. If he's a good person and the relationship is otherwise smooth, it would be worth it to me to have patience with playing Show and Tell.

But if he refused to listen or make any effort, then I'd dump him, because to me that would indicate a whole lot of selfishness and detachment on his part. He should be as concerned with my satisfaction as I am with his, and if he's not, out he goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships