Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 08:46 AM

1,045 posts, read 1,636,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stwdar87 View Post
All great advice. Thank you. I guess I just needed affirmation that I am not the only A-hole in the equation. We do have an 'open' relationship at this point....I guess I was just upset that she, after three years...thought so little of me and our plans that she would try to find a better plan 'a'.
Don't be weak, go and be "open" with other chicks and give her a little cold shoulder. I bet she'll ask to be exclusive...but even then, I'd leave her alone if you're wise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 08:59 AM

85 posts, read 192,219 times
I would move on. Sounds like you two had a great date planned! What kind of person would do something like that? A selfish one so unless you like lap dog status,drop her
Your plan sounded great you won't have a problem finding a new girl.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:11 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
People who can't handle open relationships shouldn't agree to open relationships.

You were wrong to read her text messages. You were snooping.

Was she wrong to try and get together with someone else while you two had plans?

Yep. But, yanno what? Open relationship.

This sounds like she is the one that wants it open and you're the one who hopes she will settle on you.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:37 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,824,559 times
Now you know that any time she gets a better offer, you're out, regardless if she has agreed on an evening with you - being just lip service. You just have to decide if you're OK with that. Do you have WELCOME printed across your forehead?

Old 03-27-2013, 08:17 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Does she know that you consider her your girlfriend? This is a mutual relationship?
If yes, than she is wrong period. Move on, she doesn't respect you, and she is treating you like plan "b" not cool at all.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:22 PM

76 posts, read 216,915 times
Quote:
"Am I wrong for reading a text on gf phone and being upset??"

I don't know if you were wrong or not but one thing IS clear: she was setting you up for a dump. In fact, in her heart, you've already been dumped.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:30 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
hm... this sounds like more of a FWB situation than an "open relationship". If there's a difference. Sounds like the gf is using the OP as a FWB, while the OP thinks it's something more...

Old 03-27-2013, 08:36 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,553,902 times
Quote:
..and that I am the only one at fault here, for being nosy. I feel like it WAS a mistake to look at the message, however am still very hurt that she was TRYING to stand me up. Am I wrong for being upset????
Yes, you were wrong, and are wrong for being upset. But you should also be happy to discover the shallowness of a person you might've gotten much closer to -- or at least thought so.

Perhaps it is time to widen your circle of friends.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:48 PM

177 posts, read 303,346 times
Quote:
I made a mistake and read a text message on a girl I have been seeing for three years, phone. We had made plans to spend the evening together at a hotel that night. Dinner, dancing, etc. While out that night, she asked me to use her phone to call a cab. I got nosy and looked at the text message screen while on hold. I came across a text message from her, to another guy. She sent it 3 hours after we had made plans, asking another guy to hang out that same night. I was VERY upset, still am. She says, she did nothing wrong because the other guy didn't respond and she didn't cancel on me....and that I am the only one at fault here, for being nosy. I feel like it WAS a mistake to look at the message, however am still very hurt that she was TRYING to stand me up. Am I wrong for being upset????
Let's get something straight Papi, you didn't look at the text by mistake. You wanted to be in your girls business and as a result got your feelings hurt. You are dead wrong for reading her phone but atleast you know this girl isn't as serious with you as you think. She has a back-up just in case you fail. Don't worry about it though, most girls do.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:57 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,746,115 times
While you definitely shouldn't snoop and read your partners email, text messages, etc... If you're in an open relationship or poly situation, you DEFINITELY shouldn't read their emails or texts. That's just asking for a world of hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships