Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it cheating to shag someone else while on a break?
Male: It's cheating 16 26.67%
Male: It isn't cheating 15 25.00%
Female: It's cheating 10 16.67%
Female: It isn't cheating 19 31.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 03:47 PM

968 posts, read 1,138,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Of course its cheating. But then again, when your SO tell you they need a break, they already have intent to cheat on you. This is why I dont believe in taking time off when youre in a relationship. Its a lie. Ive talked to women who believed that because they had sex with a man without emotions involved, in didnt count as cheating and ive talked to men who believed that emotional affair without sex wasnt cheating either. Poor simple minds will go to any length to find an excuse for their whorrish behavior. If you need a break, and want to screw anyone willing (or someone you already plan on screwing as is in most cases), just get out of the relationship, you selfish tramp. Cant have your cake and eat it too, no matter what hollywood tells ya.
I take back everything we disagreed on the other night....Mr. smart man!

So true....tried to rep again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 03:53 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,101 times
If you're not together, you're not together.

When I take a break at work, I'm not still working. I'm off the clock.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:54 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Cheating or not, I would not be okay with someone sleeping with someone else on "a break" where we were supposed to be taking time to decide whether we wanted to continue the relationship. Sleeping together carries the possibility of STDs, a remote chance of pregnancy even with birth control...I feel it's irresponsible to sleep with someone else on a break, then get right back together with the first person and never say a word.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:56 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,786 times
Not enough responses to be really meaningful, but it seems the women think it's okay to have sex with someone else on break, and the men do not. Something to keep in mind if your SO ever proposes a break! Set terms and conditions, or assume they'll probably hook up with someone.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:57 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Not enough responses to be really meaningful, but it seems the women think it's okay to have sex with someone else on break, and the men do not. Something to keep in mind if your SO ever proposes a break! Set terms and conditions, or assume they'll probably hook up with someone.
Erm, I'm a woman and I just said no, it's not okay. Look above.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Of course its cheating. But then again, when your SO tell you they need a break, they already have intent to cheat on you. This is why I dont believe in taking time off when youre in a relationship. Its a lie. Ive talked to women who believed that because they had sex with a man without emotions involved, in didnt count as cheating and ive talked to men who believed that emotional affair without sex wasnt cheating either. Poor simple minds will go to any length to find an excuse for their whorrish behavior. If you need a break, and want to screw anyone willing (or someone you already plan on screwing as is in most cases), just get out of the relationship, you selfish tramp. Cant have your cake and eat it too, no matter what hollywood tells ya.
You quite obviously missed the part that stated HE was the one who wanted the break, not her.

You're projecting.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:01 PM

968 posts, read 1,138,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Erm, I'm a woman and I just said no, it's not okay. Look above.
Maybe "explore" your new options. Not wind up back at "his" place two days later. Something is fishy here...Like already had him ready and waiting.

Ok, how did this happen?

Maybe that's why guy #1 dumped her.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:05 PM

31,025 posts, read 22,059,932 times
Edited:
On the surface I would say its Fair, kind of like a contract. But, unfortunately people are too emotional for that!

They break up for two days and she bangs another guy. I guess she just wasn't too much into the boyfriend in the first place. Make the break permanent.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
They break up for two days and she bangs another guy. I guess she just wasn't too much into the boyfriend in the first place. Make the break permanent.
I don't think it was cheating but I agree with this.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:11 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,603,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
If you're not together, you're not together.

When I take a break at work, I'm not still working. I'm off the clock.
Yes, but if youre not together, then why not just move on and break things off for good? If you intend to cheat on the person you are in a long term relationship with, yet leave them under impression that you need a little time off in order to sort things out in your head, but in reality you only want to bang someone else, its not only cheating, its also deceit and lies. People will go to any lengths to justify their disgusting behavior and their s1uttish ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships