Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 07:16 PM

521 posts, read 763,205 times

Advertisements

Well, the white guy who was interested in me or who appeared to in the beginning was obviously shamed for liking me. I am a darkskin Black woman with black features. Instead he was encouraged to pursue the lightskinned black girl because she is a bit more socially acceptable than me. A few coworkers saw him taking me home, I am pretty sure they had a talk with him. Cause after that, he has never spoken to me ever again. Everytime I see him he is chatting with that light black girl

Don't feed me bull about dark being beautiful and all that crap. In society, being a dark black woman is something to be shamed of and I will never be considered as beautiful as a ligthskinned woman. This is so emotionally scarring for me. I can barely look at myself in the mirror. I am not even good enough to be loved

Old 03-22-2013, 07:19 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,988,406 times
I was so ****ing in before the lock, so don't you go.....

Old 03-22-2013, 07:22 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times
I don't know about this buisness 'dark skin women is something to be ashamed of,' because I'm not. But yea, you're fooling yourself if you think men put dark skinned black women on the same level beauty wise as white women or even Hispanic women. Look around you. Not so much.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:23 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,006,797 times
Not this again...

Old 03-22-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I don't know about this buisness 'dark skin women is something to be ashamed of,' because I'm not. But yea, you're fooling yourself if you think men put dark skinned black women on the same level beauty wise as white women or even Hispanic women. Look around you. Not so much.
Oh, I know they don't. Both men and women don't. It could have been a female employee, heck, a black on that told him not to speak to me anymore. I think I'm average looking but I guess I'm just a lot uglier to others or something. This is so devestating. My complex is even worse now. I recently bought me some steroids so I can bleach my skin to get a bit lighter

Old 03-22-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Not this again...
So what. People were telling me to date interracially to increase my chances, well that isn't working. I can't even get a white man. Nobody wants to see me happy. They want to see darkskin black women like me grow old and alone.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:27 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
Oh, I know they don't. Both men and women don't. It could have been a female employee, heck, a black on that told him not to speak to me anymore. I think I'm average looking but I guess I'm just a lot uglier to others or something. This is so devestating. My complex is even worse now. I recently bought me some steroids so I can bleach my skin to get a bit lighter

Well what can you do about it? Skin bleaching and all that nonsense like that is a waste of time. May as well accept you are a dark skinned woman and keep it moving. *shrugs*

Old 03-22-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Well what can you do about it? Skin bleaching and all that nonsense like that is a waste of time. May as well accept you are a dark skinned woman and keep it moving. *shrugs*
Being a darkskinned woman is not getting me anymore. My relationships don't develop to anything serious. And when obviously other people think certain men are 'too good' to date me. I might as well take some action and do something about my color in order to find happiness

Old 03-22-2013, 07:29 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
Well, the white guy who was interested in me or who appeared to in the beginning was obviously shamed for liking me. I am a darkskin Black woman with black features. Instead he was encouraged to pursue the lightskinned black girl because she is a bit more socially acceptable than me. A few coworkers saw him taking me home, I am pretty sure they had a talk with him. Cause after that, he has never spoken to me ever again. Everytime I see him he is chatting with that light black girl

Don't feed me bull about dark being beautiful and all that crap. In society, being a dark black woman is something to be shamed of and I will never be considered as beautiful as a ligthskinned woman. This is so emotionally scarring for me. I can barely look at myself in the mirror. I am not even good enough to be loved

First of all why are you pursuing someone like that in the first place, and secondly have you giving up on blackmen completely? Or are you ashamed to be with blackmen, considering you are determining your own beauty from the eyes of someone who apparently does not value/appreciate you. Which again goes back to his own weak character, because if he can be persuaded to alter his love interest by someone else, do you really want to be associated with such a lame?

Old 03-22-2013, 07:31 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Why don't you marry yourself? No joke a lady in Switzerland did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships