Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 05:40 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,013,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Nothing wrong with it, but... My favorite ex dated a 19-year-old for a while, long after we broke up. He was about your age. The first week: "Babe (because he will always call me babe, even if the romance is long dead), she's NINETEEN! It's awesome. She's so flexible and wants to do it ALL THE TIME. It's amazing!"

She also was extremely intelligent, in addition to being beautiful, and this held a lot of appeal for him. The second week was still "It's awesome! We had sex all over the house!"

The third week, I asked how his girlfriend was. He told me it was over, and I was shocked. When I asked why, his response: "Babe, she's NINETEEN."

While she was legally an adult, she was still a teenager. The drama, the lack of responsibility, the need for constant entertainment all wore him out, annoyed him and bored him in the end.
yeah, broke up with my younger ex partly because i couldn't deal with the "growing pains", really the drama of inexperience, even when the sex was so good. Not all are like that and older guys generally have to accept some of that as normal. But in my case, I got tired of rescuing her. Doesn't mean one should pass up the opportunity, just sometimes it takes a while to figure out if you're compatible and can accept each other's differences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 05:51 PM

968 posts, read 1,138,381 times
LOL @ dating a 19 year old girl.

Step #1 to get rid of her.

THE DUKES OF HAZZARD General Lee Tribute - YouTube

Old 03-22-2013, 06:26 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
My wife was 19 when we started seeing each other. Been 4 1/2 years married and I wouldn't trade her for any woman in the world. Had I listened to many of my friends (and a handful of CD'ers)...I'd probably still be single. What a fool I would have been. Follow YOUR heart and see what comes of it. It will be good or it will be bad. But then...you'll have that no matter what her age might be. Life is funny that way.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
My wife was 19 when we started seeing each other. Been 4 1/2 years married and I wouldn't trade her for any woman in the world. Had I listened to many of my friends (and a handful of CD'ers)...I'd probably still be single. What a fool I would have been. Follow YOUR heart and see what comes of it. It will be good or it will be bad. But then...you'll have that no matter what her age might be. Life is funny that way.
I'm glad it worked out for you.

Me? Eh, I was too old for them when I was 19 too.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:04 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Nothing wrong with it, but... My favorite ex dated a 19-year-old for a while, long after we broke up. He was about your age. The first week: "Babe (because he will always call me babe, even if the romance is long dead), she's NINETEEN! It's awesome. She's so flexible and wants to do it ALL THE TIME. It's amazing!"

She also was extremely intelligent, in addition to being beautiful, and this held a lot of appeal for him. The second week was still "It's awesome! We had sex all over the house!"

The third week, I asked how his girlfriend was. He told me it was over, and I was shocked. When I asked why, his response: "Babe, she's NINETEEN."

While she was legally an adult, she was still a teenager. The drama, the lack of responsibility, the need for constant entertainment all wore him out, annoyed him and bored him in the end.
^^ that was my experience with the two under-20 y/o women I've dated in my mid to late 20's. While both were intelligent, super-attractive, were down for basically anything in bed, and generally pretty fun, once in awhile the age/maturity gap would smack you straight in the face.

One of them asked me if I remembered the first Gulf War, and I thought it was a totally dumb thing to ask... until I realized she was probably still a bun in the oven when the first bombs fell on Baghdad. That weirded me out, as did the realization that when I was playing guitar in a hardcore band and kicking **** over onstage, she was singing along to the Pokemon song on the floor of their rec room and playing with her favorite dollies...

But beyond that, it was stuff like how one of them went out partying with her cousin and took a ton of ecstasy for the first time, and then needed me to come pick her up because she thought she was gonna die and cuddle her through the night, which necessitated me to call off from work the next day because I was dead exhausted. Or how the other one talked to some activists who had a table set up on campus and overnight decided that she was a bicycling activist even though she didn't own a bike, and seriously tried convincing me that I should sell my car and commute entirely by bike and public transit. She escalated it into a big argument and got totally butthurt about it, only to forget about it within a few days.

Shockingly rash actions, puzzling behaviors, jumping headlong in and out of political, philosophical, and social scenes with blind allegiance... they were totally awesome girls, but a good five or six years away from having gotten all this stuff out of their system. I'll admit that I was in pretty much the same boat when I was in my late teens, and understood why women in their mid to late 20's didn't give me much consideration as a serious suitor.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:39 PM

664 posts, read 773,760 times
There are actually women 18/19 years old who are not into drama, partying and everything else, believe it or not. Over 18 is legal, date whomever you want. Who cares what anyone else says. If she likes you enough to be with you, more power to you.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:02 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
I know a couple of 18-21 year olds who are remarkably mature for their respective ages. The older one I even consider a pretty close friend, but sometimes...the age gap is painfully obvious. Mind you this isn't dating, just friends, but I imagine dating them would reveal the age gap even more frequently. That doesn't mean it could never work, of course.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:10 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanAndrews View Post
How socially acceptable is it in the US for a guy of the age of 29 dating a girl who is 19? Does this make him a pedophile or something? If it's not rare then how much does it happen?

This is likely every grown man's dream experience, so he can brag he's got some just out teen years girlfriend .

It's not pedophilia but it's nothing that extraordinary either. Typical man.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
This is likely every grown man's dream experience, so he can brag he's got some just out teen years girlfriend .

It's not pedophilia but it's nothing that extraordinary either. Typical man.
Not all men Dolls.

That 19 year old girl would give me that Gen Y "L" on her forehead symbol with her thumb and finger for "loser" sitting next to me in that^ '69 Dodge Charger. Trouble is, she's in a Toyota Camry.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:21 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2RLK45 View Post
Not all men Dolls.

That 19 year old girl would give me that Gen Y "L" on her forehead symbol with her thumb and finger for "loser" sitting next to me in that^ '69 Dodge Charger. Trouble is, she's in a Toyota Camry.
ha.

Not all, but most of them would love a situation like this OP. You see how men prize younger women, so sorry, you can't tell me majority of them wouldn't eat this scenario up, just most of them are in no position to get a woman that young in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships