Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 06:57 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,013,799 times

Advertisements

So the other day I was stuck in traffic but was checking out the new Porsche Boxter next to me (wow). As it pulled into the next ATM and the guy got out, I noticed the woman in the car next to me was checking out the guy all the way.

I own two cars, one is a high end sport car that gets lots of attention and the other is a 2003 Toyota Tacoma that I use to as a utility car. Lately I've been debating replacing the truck with a Range Rover Sport, e.g., do I really want another car payment, do I really want another car that boozes on gas (10mpg!), but then I say it will pull my boat easier, nicer to drive, and it's a chick magnet. lol I also now live in Southern California where there are more luxury cars on the freeway than I've ever seen elsewhere, along with more of these type of cars on the used car lots.

Anyway, since this is an anonymous forum, it would be interesting to hear opinions, especially from women, about what is a guy's car says about him, if anything. May help some decide whether to do an upgrade, but I know there are a lot of wealthy guys who are frugal and will never get rid of that 1980s Volvo til the day they die.

P.S.: Okay to throw in comments about the Range Rover Sport since I'm interested.

Last edited by Dr. Clean; 03-23-2013 at 07:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 07:05 AM

863 posts, read 1,129,699 times
Not a woman, but I expect a lot of comments referring to the size of his junk.

(I drive a Corolla )

Old 03-23-2013, 07:16 AM

818 posts, read 1,017,975 times
Same thing as what makes the typical women want to vote for a political candidate.And look where that got this country.Flash style and image does not equate to to integrity or substance.Nothing against having a sporty car to drive.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
Not a woman, but I expect a lot of comments referring to the size of his junk.

(I drive a Corolla )
yeah, i expected that, along with other useles comments about materialism and shallowness. but hopefully there are some honest good opinion because I know people have an opinion about the car their mate (or potential mate) drive.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:19 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
I notice muscle cars and some sports cars. I don't give luxury sedans a second look, or truck unless it's an old pickup with character. Expensive SUVs usually mean more money than sense. I would never look at a guy in a Range Rover--too much association with the Orange County lifestyle for me.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I notice muscle cars and some sports cars. I don't give luxury sedans a second look, or truck unless it's an old pickup with character. Expensive SUVs usually mean more money than sense. I would never look at a guy in a Range Rover--too much association with the Orange County lifestyle for me.
so true. but damn was I surprised to learn how many women in this area say they want one.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:25 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
I also now live in Southern California where there are more luxury cars on the freeway than I've ever seen elsewhere,
I used to think this was true when I lived in Southern California. Then I moved up the road to Monterey. Maybe it's just because Monterey is a smaller town with an insane concentration of wealth, but you see a lot more high end exotics/luxury/classics in the Central Coast region. If you are a car guy in California, you really should make a pilgrimage up there sometime.

Quote:
...along with more of these type of cars on the used car lots.
I've noticed this to be true. California is a huge car culture and it reflects on used car lots. Where people change vehicles every couple years the used car lots like Carmax are filled with awesome options. I live in Virginia now where the people seem to keep their cars for a much longer periods of time. Carmax lots here are nothing to get excited about. I was going to get a pickup truck shortly after we moved here and decided against it because I didn't want to pay for a new truck and couldn't find the right used truck for me.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:28 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
so true. but damn was I surprised to learn how many women in this area say they want one.
If you want a sexy car, don't buy the one all the chicks want.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:32 AM

818 posts, read 1,017,975 times
You could tell more about someone by the size of the truck they drive rather than their car.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
If you want a sexy car, don't buy the one all the chicks want.
Can a truck or SUV be sexy? Would definitely be curious to hear about those models.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships