Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 10:18 AM

290 posts, read 567,965 times

Advertisements

I drive a 2012 Mercedes Benz but I think it's ruining my chances of finding the right guy. Every time I go on a date and my date walks me to my car, they notice the kind of car im driving right away. Instantly, they give compliments like " This car is nice", " Your driving an awesome car". Some were surprised, " Is this the car you're driving?".

I usually see them again a few more times but it just doesn't progress into anything more. They say I'm pretty, Im a cool girl, I have a good heart, we have so much fun hanging out but for some reason we just stop seeing each other. But every time they walk me to my car, they will mention how cool the car I'm driving. These guys are college educated guys who have awesome careers.

I think I'm an attractive girl who has alot to offer. I'm compassionate and kind to other people. I help when I can. It can be money or my time. I'm thinking, maybe these guys think that I'm materialistic, a gold digger or something. I like expensive purses too but I stopped carrying them because guys I date notice them too. I'm thinking of giving up the car and just drive a regular car maybe it will fix my dating problems. What do you guys think? Do you think a girl driving an expensive car is a red flag? that its a sign that she's high maintenance, materialistic or a gold digger and you wouldn't want to be in a committed relationship with her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 10:19 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
I also drive a luxury car. It never ruins my dating life.

I don't think guys give a damn what kind of car I drive.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:20 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Lame thread. I'm sorry but no man ever thought to himself, "she drives a Mercedes? Eff that, I'm outta here."

Old 05-13-2013, 10:21 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
OP what is the deal with you and money things.... didn't you start another thread about helping people out financially. Now this "expensive car" thread. Are you just trying to subtly brag about your money, or are these real issues for you??

Old 05-13-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I also drive a luxury car. It never ruins my dating life.
Maybe im just meeting the wrong guys. One guy even said, When I saw the car you drive I.. Then he stopped finishing what he was saying. I just ignored it.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:26 AM

1,557 posts, read 3,306,781 times
No not really, If you earned it I do not see a problem. Maybe some of these guys are getting the wrong idea. A car really does not mean anything, It is only a liability, not a real sign of wealth. Enjoy the fruits of your labor. Enlightened people see material for what it is 'just material'

Old 05-13-2013, 10:27 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Sell the Mercedes and invest in an old beat up VW (Volkswagen) Bug/Beetle. Problem solved!

Old 05-13-2013, 10:27 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
I'm not gonna lie. I'm a frugal guy (not by choice) and I would probably not give a second look to a girl who drove a Mercedes or BMW. In my experience, the people who drive those cars 8 out of 10 times are complete jerks. Also having that brand seems to indicate that she is label-conscious, which does not match my personality.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:31 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
In my opinion which only matters to me is that it shows the most important things in your life are money, status and the cost of the material possessions you have which can equal "HIGH Maintenance" when it comes to relationships in general.

I should have said that it can appear that "SOME" can be high maintenance when it comes to their clothing, vehicles, homes and other material possessions but not ALL are actually like that in reality.

Last edited by CSD610; 05-13-2013 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: I needed to add a wee bit of clarification on what I posted initially.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
OP what is the deal with you and money things.... didn't you start another thread about helping people out financially. Now this "expensive car" thread. Are you just trying to subtly brag about your money, or are these real issues for you??
Im sorry if it sounded that way. That wasn't my intention. I'm really having these issues. But you're right I shouldn't posted a thread like this. It sounded like I'm bragging but I just needed some feedback. I'm going to delete it If I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships