Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 03:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post

The point that I am making here, after my own experiences with women and lots of research, is that height is an overrated attribute in men.

Research?

[]

Old 04-19-2013, 04:56 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Research?

[]
Comprehensive survey with multiple data points and fancy pie graphs obviously.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:11 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,745,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I don't see the big deal with a mans height, 5'7 is normal is it not? my dads 5'5 brother 5'9 I would not look at them and think they were short.
I don't see the big deal either. I never cared. I am 5'8" and I don't remember dating anyone (male or female, I am bisexual) REALLY significantly shorter than me but certainly I dated some a bit shorter and some the same height and then some really tall guys. One guy had to duck to get into my apartment doorway at 6'6"! It was funny. He was not "more" attractive to me than the guys that were 5'9" though.

My son goes on and on about how he is "short" at 5'9" (21 years old) and it drives me nuts. His father is 5'10" and I never considered him "short". I've always placed more emphasis on personality, character, and overall attractiveness.

My wife is 5'2" so I am a good half a foot taller than her. Whatever. It's a non-issue.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:25 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,270,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
I don't see the big deal either. I never cared. I am 5'8" and I don't remember dating anyone (male or female, I am bisexual) REALLY significantly shorter than me but certainly I dated some a bit shorter and some the same height and then some really tall guys. One guy had to duck to get into my apartment doorway at 6'6"! It was funny. He was not "more" attractive to me than the guys that were 5'9" though.

My son goes on and on about how he is "short" at 5'9" (21 years old) and it drives me nuts. His father is 5'10" and I never considered him "short". I've always placed more emphasis on personality, character, and overall attractiveness.

My wife is 5'2" so I am a good half a foot taller than her. Whatever. It's a non-issue.

Both my ex's were taller but that wasnt hard I'm tiny 5'1 lol my ex was about 5'11/ 6feet I never even thought about height. All my friends are roughly my height maybe a little taller, I just don't see the issue it's not like you can do anything. If you're short you're no big deal

Old 04-19-2013, 08:45 PM

837 posts, read 961,391 times
I dated a guy who couldn't have been taller than 5'8" and the most unattractive, deal-breaking characteristic about him was that his job that made him close to half a million a year gave him so much stress and insecurity that it weighed his ding dong down in bed.

He probably also had painful insecurities about his height as well, but honestly I loved his body. He worked out and had jacked arms but not too chiseled of a torso. Yet his dating profile claimed he was 5'10" (no way) and had an 8-pack (no way).

I wish I had time in my day to sit and ponder what went wrong with some men when they were young.

...sorry. My point is, to you short men out there: stay in shape, keep a smile on your face, and make sure you love yourself. You'll easily sift through the shallow women going after your paycheck in life and land a good one in no time.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:53 PM

368 posts, read 577,790 times
You ask most women what their ideal guy is, most will mention 6'0 or taller, but in reality they'll settle for anything lol.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:58 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
I know a player of a height shorter than me, a slim build, and a low-paying job. He uses more attractive women than anyone else I know.

...Although for where he lives, he is pretty tall.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:31 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,960 times
Directed towards the OP…

“Oh wow” “Here we go”

There always has to be one….

I am sure you have preferences correct? You stated you are mostly attracted to shorter women however taller ones are “Beautiful too” That statement alone stated your preference…

In the latter of your post you did an impromptu PSA to shorter men, Alas, a great attitude and being charismatic will prevail?

Basically shunning women whom are attracted to taller men? Why is this?
In a world where the reality that exists ‘Different strokes for different folks” you are sticking it to women whom like taller men as “bad?” Or they do not know what they are “missing”

Truth is?

There are men ( You might be included) that prefer :
1. Athletic women…therefore curvy women do not spark your interest
2. Thin women ( waif like) therefore athletic women do not even make the grade ( May have more muscles than they do)
3. Blonde hair, blue or green eyes
4. Red heads make their pulse race
5. Ethnic women, exotic women, they do not know why but this is what does it for them
6. Long hair
7. Short hair
8. Big boobs
9. Big butt
10. Small boobs,
Ect…I could go on and on…

These attributes somehow seem allowable but a woman stating that a tall man makes her pulse race is somehow unimaginable? I call this a HUGE double standard…

However I am wondering what the responses would be if a big woman were to make a thread stating “BBW’S everywhere a great attitude and being charismatic will prevail” what reaction would she receive?

Her stating “In my experience there are men that love BBW’S and as to why men love toothpicks when they could have a real woman shun full figured women, is of mystery to me”

I am sure there would be many men stating puns, inappropriate comments, stating they have nothing against size it is health related blah blah…
There will always be an excuse other than the truth that exists, people are attracted to whom they are attracted to…period..

I have dated in my lifetime 4 men that have been as tall as I am ( 5’6.5) or a little taller ( 5’7-5’8) and one of them was extremely fit…6 pack, hot face and ect…there were other factors that led to us breaking up..I would post his pic but out of respect for him I will not…
The constant factor was his height…It came to me when we were in 7/11 buying coffee one evening , I had heels on, which made me 5’9 \, I came to stand behind him and I saw that I could talk over him to the cashier…That was it for me..
It was at the moment that I knew why all of his ex’s were 5’0-5’2..
I could not do it…period…
My father is Hispanic ( I am not) I am half native american and half irish and gained my height from my fathers side obviously..
I am considered above average in height for american women in the USA..
My father is 5’9...
My mother is 5’3..Perfect match..
My ex husband and father of my son? 6’1.
My son? Is 16 and 5’10..He will reach 6’0 before 18...
My sisters ex? Father of her first son? Is 6’5, her son? 6’3.5
My sisters current husband? Hawaiian/fillipino? 5’10
Her children with him will not be that tall but at least be 5’10 god willing..

There is nothing in me that made me like tall men, it is just what I have always liked, what I have always gravitated towards…Ethnicity? Is of no consequence to me, I have always been attracted to height period…no matter how charismatic, smart or good looking..
Does this make me shallow or a bish?
No…Look to the above before you decide to make a thread…
Can you yourself say you GIVE EVERY woman a fair shake? Ethnicity, body type, height a chance? Exactly…

Old 04-20-2013, 01:53 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,697,954 times
Most people couldn't tell high right from the off a 5'7" can easily play off 5'9"-5'10". People are gullible like that.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:28 AM

6,738 posts, read 4,423,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
You ask most women what their ideal guy is, most will mention 6'0 or taller, but in reality they'll settle for anything lol.
In reality they dont know what they want. Settling is just a decision they make at the time. Their mind will change again. But money is always a factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships