Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 06:00 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,672,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Is extremely appealing to me for some strange reason. I guess I just thrive on drama. The world would be a dull place without passion! Which leads me to another topic of discussion. Have you ever intentionally rubbed your SO the wrong way just to make up later? Nothing too harsh or anything that could be considered "cruel". Just bringing up a topic you don't see eye to eye on...
That's the only reason I even talk to women...

Why argue with men? At least with women you care a bit...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 07:07 PM

426 posts, read 558,902 times
how sick is that... intentional stress?

Old 05-20-2013, 08:43 PM

516 posts, read 1,616,985 times
Absolutely not. That is downright immature and cruel. I have teased, but if I see her getting upset then I back off. I would never be intentionally cruel just to make up. Seems sadistic to me.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:35 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Species 8472 View Post
Absolutely not. That is downright immature and cruel. I have teased, but if I see her getting upset then I back off. I would never be intentionally cruel just to make up. Seems sadistic to me.
Having a disagreement (purposely or not) is sadistic? If that's so, what term would you use to describe that guy in Ohio who held three women captive for over a decade?

Old 05-21-2013, 07:48 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Hmmm...I never did this with my ex but I might if I were with someone who were emotionless. But then again I'd never be with someone who lacks passion. Waste of time.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:00 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Why would I want to antagonise the person I love the most in the world on purpose ? This simply does not make any sense to me. Hubby and I do bicker but I don't think either of us has ever done it with a plan in mind....

I personally don't enjoy conflict and though I will always defend my corner to the death if I believe I am right there is no way I would willingly choose discord over harmony.... Arguing to me is at the end of the day something which takes far too much energy and is a waste. I am very passionate generally speaking but unless you provoke me I have no desire to start a fight just for the hell of it.

There are enough reasons in life to get annoyed or upset, and little things will always rile you more than they should, in my experience anyway, but I will never go out of my way to engender such a situation.

Making up might sometimes be sweet but I would rather enjoy the calm waters of peaceful interaction. Also I cannot contemplate ever wanting to hurt Hubby's feelings.

I think arguments and bickering are natural elements of most relationships, they allow you to vent and stop you from imploding, and I even believe I might miss it a little if we never argued about anything but they have to be "organic" and natural not manufactured.

Engineering an argument to me is implying you somehow lack contentment and satisfaction which is a bad sign.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:02 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
“I’ve had relationship issues. I liked pain. I was addicted to drama. Jealousy was the best. I could create absolute mayhem out of nothing. I’m not perfect now but I’m a work in progress. I like myself a lot more, therefore I can like the person that I’m with a lot more.”

----------Michael Buble

Old 05-21-2013, 08:20 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
I live a drama free life after going through an abusive relationship. My inner peace is far more pleasant than any revenge I could exact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships