Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 09:12 AM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times

Advertisements

FYI, folks. Two threads on the same topic have been merged into this one thread.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:16 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
After only reading the title my answer is:

No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 09:18 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Go for it.
No.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:18 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I think you know where this is going, but perhaps that is what you are seeking. Remember there will be casualties.
Casualties? There is a possibility for chaos here that Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty put together cannot match. OP do NOT open this door. Nothing but bad can happen.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:20 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Now pull your head out of the sand and focus on your work (which is what you are paid to do while in the office) and your family and knock this "I have a crush" crap off.
She is married, YOU are married, keep business business and personal personal and keep ROMANCE OUT OF THE OFFICE especially since you are both MARRIED.

One wrong move and it is your job, your marriage and a possible sexual harrassment lawsuit. Do you really think she is worth the risk of losing everything in your current life?
Excellent advice, although I believe his head is up his a** and not in the sand.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:30 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,162,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd2013a View Post
Hi,

I have a married co-worker that I have a crush on. In addition I am married as well. My co-worker have chatted via im message at work back and forward. Usually our chats are about general office stuff or work, or about general frustrations in the office.

Recently I transferred to the team she is on (as my previous team was over loading us with work). Now that we are on the same team we have more interaction. Last week she sent me an IM asking me if I would like to go to lunch on Friday or sometime the following week. Normally she doesn't leave the office for lunch. In fact a few years ago we were kidding around that she didn't have any vacation time and I still had my maximum allowed vacation. She asked me if I wanted to donating my vacation time and I said sure, she asked what it would cost her and you could buy me lunch. Her response then was I couldn't do that as it would require me leaving the building.

I accepted her offer. We went to lunch on Friday (nothing special just to Subway) and had a nice chat. Over the weekend I haven't been able to stop thinking about her. In addition I am trying to determine if she was asking me to go to lunch to be friendly or because she also has a crush on me as well.

Am I reading to much into her offer? Would most married woman ask another married guy to go to lunch?
Sorry, you sound like you're a legend in your own mind. Lunch is lunch. Get over yourself and get back to work.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:53 AM

6 posts, read 22,624 times
Hi All,

Thanks for the response. I wasn't saying I was going to have an affair. In fact when we went to lunch I was a perfect gentlemen. The reason I created the post was to try to determine what her intentions were giving the following:

1. That I have a Crush on her.
2. That she asked me out to lunch. Keep in mind she didn't ask me out to lunch in front of everyone, she sent me an instant message.
3. When she asked me to lunch via instant message she said "I was wondering if you would like to go to lunch this week or next week, its my treat".
4. She didn't ask others to lunch and certainly didn't tell others we were going to lunch (and I didn't tell anyone either).

I wasn't sure what her intentions were or how to take her offer, which is why i created the post.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:56 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd2013a View Post
Hi All,

Thanks for the response. I wasn't saying I was going to have an affair. In fact when we went to lunch I was a perfect gentlemen. The reason I created the post was to try to determine what her intentions were giving the following:

1. That I have a Crush on her.
2. That she asked me out to lunch. Keep in mind she didn't ask me out to lunch in front of everyone, she sent me an instant message.
3. When she asked me to lunch via instant message she said "I was wondering if you would like to go to lunch this week or next week, its my treat".
4. She didn't ask others to lunch and certainly didn't tell others we were going to lunch (and I didn't tell anyone either).

I wasn't sure what her intentions were or how to take her offer, which is why i created the post.
Oh no, not by IM?!

I doubt she was hitting on you. And if she was, you're both married. So what does it matter anyway?

Old 06-11-2013, 06:02 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Sorry, you sound like you're a legend in your own mind. Lunch is lunch. Get over yourself and get back to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Oh no, not by IM?!

I doubt she was hitting on you. And if she was, you're both married. So what does it matter anyway?
Agree.

Also, she "treated" but was it with the company card? My husband takes people out to lunch all the time, "his treat" which means he gets to do the expense report. Either that or he'll pay one time, the other pays the next time.

It's just lunch.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:10 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times
Maybe she has a crush, maybe she doesn't. Does it matter? If you can't handle being around this woman the don't be. It sounds like its time to put a little distance there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships