Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 06:53 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times

Advertisements

I kind of have to agree with the woman being dumb for not recording vs just posting a picture.
Hell, I could post a picture of anyone and claim they said anything...without back-up, I'm hung out to dry.
She'll get eaten alive in a lawsuit.

That being said, I can't help but chuckle at the predicament these men find themselves in now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 06:54 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
And really, a morning radio show's job is to **** you off and wake you up. They sell drama.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:55 AM

28,911 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I'd say they're both wrong. The men should not have cheated - that's a given. And it's in incredibly bad taste to brag about it, especially where they can be overheard. I think they have a legitimate expectation of privacy even in public, since no one present knew them. The woman made a point of violiating their privacy. And as much as we all - or nearly all - despise cheaters, it is not our role to out them (unless perhaps we have a direct connection to those involved and it affects us as well). That woman may have destroyed their families. You can argue their own actions did, but that might only be true if they were caught, and it is (slightly) possible that they would eventually come to regret their actions and reform. Now they do not have that option.

The men may also be able to sue the woman for her role. I think they should. And unless she also recorded video, it is only her word that they were saying what she attributes to them - it could be pure malice for an unrelated reason. She is on very shaky ground.
well, you made a point, but if my x were bragging like this in public, I surely would want to know, believe you me...woudn't you?

She did, she recorded video...and if they'd sue her, I'd sue them right back for being such jerks and disturbing my ride for 2 whole hours....

She was not wrong, in the least....and I hope this continues, that people are caught in the act of being complete immoral jerks. Years ago, people wouldn't tollerate immoral behavior...they would speak up, but somewhere along the line, society has lost the ability to speak up for what is right...anything goes today, and people do not have a clue, as to how their public behavior effects someone else, nor do they care....I personally am sick to death of people infringing on my personal space, be it their loud screaming kids or a couple fighting in public, using every word in the book, or something like this...

So, if the same situation occured, and some girl was bulling your child, and a woman got it on video, would you then say it was ok?

Old 06-13-2013, 06:56 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,475,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
You are entitled to your opinion...but as strongly as you feel about this, she had a right to her privet space....I thought about this and what would I have done, and believe you me, if I had, had to sit there and hear this conversation, for 2 hours, I probably would have done the same thing...
these guys were dirt bags and didn't give a darn about who heard, or who they were bothering, with they're talk....if your going to pull something like that in public, disturbing everyone around you, in public, you'd better be prepared to deal with the consequences....
Hypothetically cremebrulee, if you were on a bus or at a restaurant, talking to a friend about your medical condition (let's say it's herpes), and the person behind you was annoyed by the discussion, they should record it and post it on facebook? Going by your logic, it sounds like they would be entitled to post your private info and photo online simply because they don't like what they are hearing. And who knows, it may save someone from getting herpes from you, so that alone would justify it, I'm sure.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:57 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
You are entitled to your opinion...but as strongly as you feel about this, she had a right to her privet space....I thought about this and what would I have done, and believe you me, if I had, had to sit there and hear this conversation, for 2 hours, I probably would have done the same thing...
these guys were dirt bags and didn't give a darn about who heard, or who they were bothering, with they're talk....if your going to pull something like that in public, disturbing everyone around you, in public, you'd better be prepared to deal with the consequences....
Yes, except that now his wife has to deal with the consequences and it's no longer a private issue between them. If they have kids, THEY have to deal with the consequences and kids should not even be privvy to this information.

His wife and family have a right to their privacy, and this low life woman just took that right from them. This man doesn't live in a bubble...this impacts everyone around him as well.

I may want to know if my husband was cheating, but not via a public announcement. If anyone EVER pulled that with me I'd be livid. This woman was an idiot, plain and simple.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:58 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
I'd butt out of the situation. It is their business and the threat of getting sued or having someone look for me is enough incentive to leave this alone.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I kind of have to agree with the woman being dumb for not recording vs just posting a picture.
Hell, I could post a picture of anyone and claim they said anything...without back-up, I'm hung out to dry.
She'll get eaten alive in a lawsuit.

That being said, I can't help but chuckle at the predicament these men find themselves in now.
they deserve everything they get, and personally I don't find it a laughing matter, b/c these men, have now affected and embarrassed so many lives...remember, the news media picked up and reported on it...so, their parents, their kids, her parents, her, plus now putting your friends in the position of who they have to side with?

Awful....people no longer have the intellect of who they are hurting and how many lives they are affecting before they make decissions....

Old 06-13-2013, 07:03 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
they deserve everything they get, and personally I don't find it a laughing matter, b/c these men, have now affected and embarrassed so many lives...remember, the news media picked up and reported on it...so, their parents, their kids, her parents, her, plus now putting your friends in the position of who they have to side with?

Awful....people no longer have the intellect of who they are hurting and how many lives they are affecting before they make decissions....
These MEN did not cause all this embarassment. The woman DID. This was a private issue and now can no longer be private. Yes, he was talking about it in a public setting...but only those in earshot could hear him. Now the whole damn country knows thanks to this nosey-body.

If I were the wife in this situation I'd be suing her ass for everything she's worth. I cannot imagine my entire community, hell...country, knowing my personal business.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Hypothetically cremebrulee, if you were on a bus or at a restaurant, talking to a friend about your medical condition (let's say it's herpes), and the person behind you was annoyed by the discussion, they should record it and post it on facebook? Going by your logic, it sounds like they would be entitled to post your private info and photo online simply because they don't like what they are hearing. And who knows, it may save someone from getting herpes from you, so that alone would justify it, I'm sure.
the way I see it, it was privet, way before they discussed it in the restaurant...if I'm in a restaurant, eating, I certainly would not want to hear someone discussing their present medical condition, regardless of what it is.

Here is my point....we have become a society where anything and anything that is said, goes...we are a corrupt nation...and sometimes, ya gotta say no to bad behavior...and this is bad behavior...to blame her for what she did is so wrong, these guys deserve everything that comes out of this...if you don't want to deal with the consequences, then behave yourselves in public, because I believe, people for the most part are getting sick and tired of it. I rode the train for over an hour once, and all I had to hear was this woman's conversation on the phone, I couldn't read, couldn't think, she was behind me and God all I wanted to do was turn around and strangle her. Technology has made people impolite and extremely rude...

so your herpes example, let me tell you, I'd get up and walk over to that table, and say, "I'm paying money to go out and have a decent meal, and enjoy my evening, and I certainly do not want to sit here and listen or hear all about your herpes!" That is disgusting and certainly not any kind of discussion I would have in my own home over the supper table.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
These MEN did not cause all this embarassment. The woman DID. This was a private issue and now can no longer be private. Yes, he was talking about it in a public setting...but only those in earshot could hear him. Now the whole damn country knows thanks to this nosey-body.

If I were the wife in this situation I'd be suing her ass for everything she's worth. I cannot imagine my entire community, hell...country, knowing my personal business.
and I hope to God she sues them right back....

if your going to brag like this about the affairs you've been having, for two hours, so that others can hear, you'd better be equipped & prepared to pay the consequences.....

when your personal business, starts effecting other lives in a negative way, it no longer becomes personal....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships