Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 01:05 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,719,834 times

Advertisements

If your short you can make up for it by working out really hard thereby making yourself ripped and/or stocky. I might be wrong but it seems like short guys bulk up quicker than taller guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 01:17 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh dear God AGAIN?

I think it is still......

I will never understand why it is so hard for some to get dates, keep dates, get married, have children and live life. The ENTIRE PERSON is the important part not all the ridiculous "requirements" that fills a list longer than Santa's.

I will be so glad when some of those posting these threads finally figure that it out and get over all this insecure nonsense that is trivial at best in the end.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:28 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
I'm 5'8 and dated a guy who was about 5'4 once. It was a non-issue because he didn't make it an issue.
I also dated a guy the same height as me who was insecure about it & tried to push his insecurity onto me (I was too tall; he was not too short). It's definitely a matter of attitude.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:20 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
If your short you can make up for it by working out really hard thereby making yourself ripped and/or stocky. I might be wrong but it seems like short guys bulk up quicker than taller guys.
That's also my perception. However, there's a word I learned recently, about short, very muscular guys: short-jacked. It makes me laugh, and it's an insult. Picture Glenn Danzig, who is joked about. Not a good look.

I'm new here, but this kind of thread has been overdone elsewhere. Here is my advice that maybe I'll just cut-and-paste into a future version of this discussion: wear footwear that gives an inch or so of extra height, stand up straight, don't be skinny, dress well in a way that both is masculine and elongating, consider leg-lengthening surgery if it's feasible and would make much of a difference (meaning it's not reasonable for most short guys), and especially focus on looking good above the neck. I think a good face and good hair can make up somewhat for a moderate lack of height, with women who don't demand tall men.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:34 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,432,497 times
I LOVE the shorties!!! Easier to throw around

Old 06-29-2013, 07:36 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I LOVE the shorties!!! Easier to throw around
WTH??

How many men do you "throw" around?????

Not even sure what that means... I don't recall a woman ever "throwing" me around...... I usually always had about 50-60 pounds on them......at a minimum and I like girls with some beef on them....

Old 06-29-2013, 07:42 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
That's also my perception. However, there's a word I learned recently, about short, very muscular guys: short-jacked. It makes me laugh, and it's an insult. Picture Glenn Danzig, who is joked about. Not a good look.

I'm new here, but this kind of thread has been overdone elsewhere. Here is my advice that maybe I'll just cut-and-paste into a future version of this discussion: wear footwear that gives an inch or so of extra height, stand up straight, don't be skinny dress well in a way that both is masculine and elongating, consider leg-lengthening surgery if it's feasible and would make much of a difference (meaning it's not reasonable for most short guys), and especially focus on looking good above the neck. I think a good face and good hair can make up somewhat for a moderate lack of height, with women who don't demand tall men.
Good advice, especially with the good hair part. But the don't be skinny part is wrong. I don't like the short men who bulk up. 5' tall and 5' wide doesn't work for me. Skinny is better. And the other poster who said things fit together well sexually with a shorter guy is right about that, that is why I prefer shorter guys

Old 06-29-2013, 07:58 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,997,475 times
You're not going to get a girl because you wallow too much in self-pity.

Your height is irrelevant.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:20 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie3 View Post
I'm so sick of seeing this. I am under 5ft and I would rather be with a man who is closer to my height - 5'5" or shorter. Why aren't you guys hitting on me and other short women????
THIS is the $50,000 question! Why aren't the short guys hitting on short women? Or do they only want "hot" women of any height?

Old 06-29-2013, 08:25 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
You should just go to Japan and get that leg lengthening surgery already. Seriously. If you won't fix your psyche, add two inches in height and be done with it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships