Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Select the ages that are most difficult to date.
20-25 1 2.70%
25-30 1 2.70%
30-35 1 2.70%
35-40 7 18.92%
40-45 6 16.22%
45-50 21 56.76%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 01:41 PM

52,374 posts, read 52,836,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Its not "my story" im nowhere near 39. I turned 30 just this year and are far from that age. However, i know many 39 years old and many 18 years old people and i find the 39 y/o much more attractive. Both men and women.

Dont even get me started on the late 20s/early 30s....that is clearly the best age (in terms of atractiveness) for people in general.

Theres NO way a 18 year old can compite with a 29 year old. 100% of 29 years old are better looking than 18 y/o.
LOL.... you're amusing......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 01:45 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,547,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL.... you're amusing......

how can you find 18 years old THAT attractive??

Kinda perv/creepy vibe if you ask me

seriously? do you find 18 year old girls more attractive than 29 year old women? are you for real, Humbert Humbert?

Old 06-23-2013, 01:48 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,908,920 times
When I used to see these men wanting very young women (talking 18-25 or so)I used to assume they had pedophile tendencies and would have dated teen girls if possible.

I don't think there is a set rule on what age of women is hotter because yes some women become more attractive older and some don't. Same with men (though I rarely see an older man become more handsome contrary to belief).

Old 06-23-2013, 01:57 PM

52,374 posts, read 52,836,239 times
Quote:
how can you find 18 years old THAT attractive??

Kinda perv/creepy vibe if you ask me

seriously? do you find 18 year old girls more attractive than 29 year old women? are you for real, Humbert Humbert?

LOL, if you knew me, you'd never pose that I was some kind of creepy perv, truly... LOL, but since you don't know me.

I was just countering your completely and utterly silly statement that all 18 yr old women are less attractive than 29.... that fact that you used to word ALL puts that statement into a level of foolishness that I haven't seen in a while, if you had said some, I might have bought it......

No...I'm not into women younger than me, but physically speaking, most 18 yr old women are most likely more physically attractive, as in the youth advantage, just saying that they are most likely more physically attractive doesn't make me or other people want to do anything about it......

Can I give you any more clarity on the subject.....

I suspect you've got issues in terms of accepting the aging process... but alas, I am not a head shrinker, nor do I play one on TV... as the saying goes...

Old 06-23-2013, 02:04 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,631,864 times
Quote:
Its not "my story" im nowhere near 39. I turned 30 just this year and are far from that age. However, i know many 39 years old and many 18 years old people and i find the 39 y/o much more attractive. Both men and women.

Dont even get me started on the late 20s/early 30s....that is clearly the best age (in terms of atractiveness) for people in general.

Theres NO way a 18 year old can compite with a 29 year old. 100% of 29 years old are better looking than 18 y/o.
Like I said. Depends on TWO factors I mentioned.

In my opinion, if a woman pursues long-term relationship her best age range is 25-29. At that point she's already accomplished with school and she has a job (most people do), and she has no issues with that stuff any more. She has the widest dating zone still open and others don't expect her to be special on other fields.
Younger women have all those issues to think of, plus they are bombarded not just by guys with "serious" intentions (even though many of those guys aren't fully aware of many things in life because they might be studying or not having a full-time job, etc) but they are also bombarded by guys wanting a fling and such stuff.
Youngest age group is best suited for folks who are into flings and "a year/two relationships" and it's very important to notice who those people are to avoid them later on.

When it comes to early 30s, that group already has limited options in terms of serious suitors and they are also expected to bring a big contribution to future household. This is the part that MOST women don't want to accept, because they think they are entitled to a "successful spouse". She can still find decent suitors.

When she gets over 35, I can hardly see a guy going after her unless she is very successful by herself. Generally even more successful than the prospect. This part is very tricky because mose of women are hypocrites when it comes to that - they'll rather go with "I'll rather be alone than accept a loser" and a loser is anyone who isn't on par with a huge assets, which is generally the only thing that still makes them marketable. They'll literally drive away suitors and justify it that everyone is afraid of successful women.

I won't even dicuss the 40+ groups.

I'm talking about single, non-married women. It's really silly to note that bringing children, especially "out of wedlock", gets more and more disqualifying at any age.
When it comes to age and looks, trust me on this one. Woman's best looks are the ages right after she ends with her puberty. As cruel or as offensive as it may sound to you or anyone else, that's the truth, women are naturally the most beautiful at that age. Make-up and other things will do a job good enough, but natural beauty of i.e. 19 y/o is generally unmatched by either 29 y/o or 39 y/o.

Old 06-23-2013, 02:09 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,908,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post

In my opinion, if a woman pursues long-term relationship her best age range is 25-29. At that point she's already accomplished with school and she has a job (most people do), and she has no issues with that stuff any more. She has the widest dating zone still open and others don't expect her to be special on other fields.
Younger women have all those issues to think of, plus they are bombarded not just by guys with "serious" intentions (even though many of those guys aren't fully aware of many things in life because they might be studying or not having a full-time job, etc) but they are also bombarded by guys wanting a fling and such stuff.
Youngest age group is best suited for folks who are into flings and "a year/two relationships" and it's very important to notice who those people are to avoid them later on.

When it comes to early 30s, that group already has limited options in terms of serious suitors and they are also expected to bring a big contribution to future household. This is the part that MOST women don't want to accept, because they think they are entitled to a "successful spouse". She can still find decent suitors.

When she gets over 35, I can hardly see a guy going after her unless she is very successful by herself. Generally even more successful than the prospect. This part is very tricky because mose of women are hypocrites when it comes to that - they'll rather go with "I'll rather be alone than accept a loser" and a loser is anyone who isn't on par with a huge assets, which is generally the only thing that still makes them marketable. They'll literally drive away suitors and justify it that everyone is afraid of successful women.

I'm talking about single, non-married women. It's really silly to note that bringing children, especially "out of wedlock", gets more and more disqualifying at any age.
When it comes to age and looks, trust me on this one. Woman's best looks are the ages right after she ends with her puberty. As cruel or as offensive as it may sound to you or anyone else, that's the truth, women are naturally the most beautiful at that age. Make-up and other things will do a job good enough, but natural beauty of i.e. 19 y/o is generally unmatched by either 29 y/o or 39 y/o.
Since you aren't a woman you can't say what women are thinking because we are all different. Yes I am educated and all of that but do not think a man less educated than me is a loser. I never sought out men with my income or education because it doesn't matter.

Men do go for women over 35, especially sane rational men. Since there are men over 40 who are single, they can't all avoid women their age because most will end up alone. I have faith in men and that most men don't judge on silly reasons like age but rather things like interests, personality and morals.

Old 06-23-2013, 02:30 PM

257 posts, read 295,989 times
Default "Over 50yo and your a dysfunctional failure who wants quality?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I feel as if my head just watched a ping pong match....on one hand you say something negative and all encompassing about older singles:
...After the 50 mark...the only thing available out there are dysfunctional single people who were failures in marriage or never had a long term relationship. As they say - all the good ones are taken by that point.
Few men and woman in their mature years have a healthy attitude regarding the opposite sex.

But, then you say:
...Finding a partner is very important when you are older- ... If you are just looking for fun and sex...most intelligent older males and females are not interested. They want quality.
I don't think people who want and can recognize quality are all dysfunctional failures!
I had a long term marriage (>20 yrs). It was a commitment on paper for more than half of it. It was my mistake to stay too long, but I had this idea of commitment and fidelity. Finally, I gave up. It was my first marriage and his 3rd - I think we just wanted different levels of intimacy and commitment. The words and behaviors were not aligned. There are always lessons learned - if you learn them. I am not tainted, or fearful about another relationship - I actually look forward to a real commited, emotionally complete, fulfilling, reciprocal... relationship. Unfortunately, because of age, the probability of a second chance is near 0, but not impossible.

Old 06-23-2013, 02:36 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,631,864 times
I've recalled an article about online dating and how dating range for dating sites happened to be like this: from X to Y age with no specifics. Apparently, most sites then started switching implementing the default search for dating to 35 y/o for women and it angered many users, but they still didn't want to alter it - they added the same feature as a default in case for seeking men. It was cited as the dating sites are promoting bias to seek for younger folks, etc. It might be true, though.

I'm not saying that it equals the quality of contacts or that most of their searches might have been random surfing, I cannot be sure what do online dating users prefer, but my hint tells me that they might spam lots of users and they'd be more likely to spam YOUNGER users more often.

Old 06-23-2013, 02:56 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,547,089 times
Quote:

This are your opinions. I dont agree with any of this, and IMO, reality shows this is not true at all.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:11 PM

102,258 posts, read 108,238,692 times
Quote:
Hahaha! This is so funny! People are posting gross generalizations on both sides of the argument. The bolded simply is not true as a universal statement. People visualize idealizations, and then post as if that were a universal truth. Dream on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships