Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 12:42 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,042,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
If someone is getting rejected for being religious and not wanting children (or whatever else)should then pursue someone the same way. Too many people get rejected for those reasons and then wonder why, well duh go for someone like them. In the case of an older man being rejected by younger women that should be his sign that he is unrealistic and should date someone his age. It's not the same thing as a woman my age rejecting a man much older because we aren't the same. Sure he can continue to pursue younger women but if he is failing that means he has nothing to offer these women.
Yes, it could mean that -- which means this is a case of logic, not "fairness v. unfairness" or what one "should" do in order to be fair.

It's all about preferences. You have them. Just because yours aren't necessarily age-related (and actually, they are, you've said you don't want to date a much older man) doesn't mean you're being "more fair."

You really need to understand this. If a man rejects you based on age -- or on beliefs, lifestyle or anything else -- he does still have that right. Just like you do.

If it doesn't work for him, well then, that's his problem. A lot of men learn they can't actually get the young hotties. But do you really want those particular men? The ones who don't really want you, so they're just going for you because there's nobody of their type around? No matter how you slice it, you're not missing opportunities by not being asked out by such men. So it's not a case of fairness at all.

You wouldn't want them even if they did want you, so it's a wash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 12:57 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,005,511 times
Quote:
You wouldn't want them even if they did want you
I strongly agree with this, for myself. I don't want to deal with a guy who has a whole boatload of unaddressed issues about gender. Extremely unsexy.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:00 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,904,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yes, it could mean that -- which means this is a case of logic, not "fairness v. unfairness" or what one "should" do in order to be fair.

It's all about preferences. You have them. Just because yours aren't necessarily age-related (and actually, they are, you've said you don't want to date a much older man) doesn't mean you're being "more fair."

You really need to understand this. If a man rejects you based on age -- or on beliefs, lifestyle or anything else -- he does still have that right. Just like you do.

If it doesn't work for him, well then, that's his problem. A lot of men learn they can't actually get the young hotties. But do you really want those particular men? The ones who don't really want you, so they're just going for you because there's nobody of their type around? No matter how you slice it, you're not missing opportunities by not being asked out by such men. So it's not a case of fairness at all.

True, I really wouldn't want a man who just chose me because no one else was around.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:04 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,005,511 times
...plus the other boatload of unaddressed issues about his own mortality, of course. Too many boats for me!

Old 06-27-2013, 08:33 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,606,592 times
Quote:
True, I really wouldn't want a man who just chose me because no one else was around.
Aren't you the one who said you're only with your boyfriend until somebody better comes along?

Old 06-27-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
There is a difference.
No, there's not.

Quote:
An older man who gets rejected based on age should date someone his age.
Yes, they can obviously only date the ones who don't reject them, just as you can only date the ones who don't reject you. It still sucks being rejected, as you've pointed out.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:37 AM

On another thread it was noted that as a national average, couples are only two years apart.

Just wanted to add that here because I didn't know it, personally. I mean yes, most people I know who are married are pretty close in age; the farther-apart ones are the exception rather than the rule. But that's just my experience. Apparently, however, it does bear out for the average couple.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
IDDY, stop right there.

No, there is no difference. If what you say above is true, then it should also be true that if you get rejected for being religious and not wanting children, then you should date people who aren't religious and want children.

There is NO difference in which criteria a person rejects a person on. And neither scenario is either fair or unfair.
Exactly. Well said.

Quote:

This, too. Thank you for bringing some sanity here.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post

This, too. Thank you for bringing some sanity here.
LOL...well now THAT is a first.

Thanks for your kind words.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:41 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,904,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Aren't you the one who said you're only with your boyfriend until somebody better comes along?
Yes but I really don't mean it. He's been annoying me lately but that's another topic. However yes in the past if someone else was around I doubt I would have given him the time of day and that's being honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships