Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 01:24 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
And herein lies the truth about priorities and dating. People will select the person that has the most value to them, whatever value that may be, instead of choosing a s/o that would be a good life partner.

In this example, the OP chooses a man who is a wasted, 'sickened' (way to enable BTW), alcoholic. The OP considers previously married and single fathers as undateable. She claims to be some sort of model. Either the OP choose a path of life that was extremely full of mistakes, or she is lying about much of her life story.

Either way, this is an extreme fail. I see 30-something women online dating all the time. There are many many attractive women over 30 there. They have many opportunities to them for dating, and yet this OP, this 'model', must resort to an alcoholic that can not legally drive ?

Sometimes I wonder if the OP literally has nothin better to do. I am very curious is anyone can actually verify the validity of any of IDDY stories, or claims upon herself. And why her threads reach the level of comments is beyond me.

Ironic: IDDY absolutely shredded someone on this forum a while back because the woman got married after only dating a guy for a very short time. Turns out that poster married the wrong guy, and IDDY had no reservation, no compassion, and made it a point to say "I told you so". I don't believe in karma, but sometimes life has a way of being ironic.
The poster you mention that I attacked was in fact someone who several think was trolling and did have several ids, so no I didn't randomly attack that poster. Yes I was a model in my 20's and yes I consider single dads undateable TO ME but that's not the issue here. Yes there are many attractive women doing online dating but there aren't a lot of good guys doing online dating that are open to dating them. When I did online dating my choices were date dads, date older or date men with different morals. No thanks I will pass on online dating. I have my choices offline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 01:54 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,774,983 times
And...the plot thickens...I can't wait for the next chapter of this fictional story!

Old 07-26-2013, 02:07 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,958,405 times
I did not read all posts but IMO if you are wondering if you should date someone that implies its a new relationship. New relationships should be hassle free. Someone should at least appear to be stable & burden free at the beginning then later you might start to see some annoying traits. If there are BIG red flags so early, move on to the next. In the meantime buy some fresh batteries & pleasure yourself.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollydo View Post
And...the plot thickens...I can't wait for the next chapter of this fictional story!
You need a life. This isn't a fictional story though I wish it was. I would post the police blotter here but that wouldn't be fair to him.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
I did not read all posts but IMO if you are wondering if you should date someone that implies its a new relationship. New relationships should be hassle free. Someone should at least appear to be stable & burden free at the beginning then later you might start to see some annoying traits. If there are BIG red flags so early, move on to the next. In the meantime buy some fresh batteries & pleasure yourself.
I've known him a year but didn't start dating then. I would keep my options open but I do love him.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:44 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
This is terrific advice! I believe this wholeheartedly. People are usually on their best behaviour in the beginning of a relationship, everything should be going well. To have such problems so early on is a gigantic, waving red flag.

I had a GF who had been dating a guy for 8 months and they were in couples therapy. It was very unstable, and when she asked my opinion, I gently told her that not even dating a year and already in therapy, I didn't believe it bode very well for a relationship to have so many issues so soon. It took her a few more months but she finally broke up with him when she acknowledged that therapy shouldn't be required to be with someone so early on in dating.

If this is the best it's going to be, I'd run like h*ll.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:07 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
There is so much wrong with those two sentences, I don't know where to start, so I'm just going to post a few links and hope that people pay more attention to them than to your post.

Alcohol Use Disorders | National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)

CDC - Frequently Asked Questions - Alcohol

Alcoholism - MayoClinic.com

Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse
You can post all the links you want ... however people make the decision themselves to drink.

They make the choice.

It is not the same as when a person gets sick ... and their body is infected with a virus, a cancer, or some other physical illness.

I feel no sympathy for anyone who knowingly makes the decision to drink.

People are fully aware of what alcohol does to the body, and yet they choose to do it anyway.

People know that tobacco is harmful to the body, and yet they choose to smoke cigarettes. Why feel sorry for these people?

Anyone who dates an alcoholic is asking for a life filled with trouble.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:09 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I've known him a year but didn't start dating then. I would keep my options open but I do love him.
You can easily love someone else.

BTW, he doesn't love you. There is no room for you in his life.

Also, you have no duty or obligation to this person. It isn't your responsibility to reform them.

It is your responsibility to do what is best for you and your family. In this case it would be to simply move on and find someone who can treat you the way you need to be treated.

Your eyes are open, just don't blind yourself with idiocy and false obligations.

Move on already.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:12 PM

I can love someone else but my mind is so wrapped up in him right now and it makes it hard to move on. Besides, even if I did move on it's not like I have many choices out there. Would I move on if I did? perhaps, I don't know.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:13 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I can love someone else but my mind is so wrapped up in him right now and it makes it hard to move on. Besides, even if I did move on it's not like I have many choices out there. Would I move on if I did? perhaps, I don't know.
And here we go, right 'round back to the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships