Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 12:37 PM

73 posts, read 102,883 times

Advertisements

Women: Do you find men of extreme intelligence attractive? When I say extreme, I am referring to someone who is a theoretical physicist, or perhaps a computer engineer. I ask because I have heard that men like that can be somewhat intimidating to some women. Do you ladies have any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 12:38 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
YES!! Provided he's good-hearted, as well.

But why limit it to STEM fields? It could be in any field: anthropology, linguistics, music, law, anything.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:52 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaptAndOvercome View Post
Women: Do you find men of extreme intelligence attractive? When I say extreme, I am referring to someone who is a theoretical physicist, or perhaps a computer engineer. I ask because I have heard that men like that can be somewhat intimidating to some women. Do you ladies have any thoughts?
Yes. I am a sapiophile. Intellectual intimacy is paramount. It is the foundation, hence why I am very selective. I only pursue or am interested in intellectuals and/or highly creative individuals. I seem to attract a fair amount of these gentlemen. They range from professors, lawyers, research scientists, artists, developers, and engineers.

My ex-husband is an intelligence analyst and a brilliant, talented writer. One ex-partner is an educator, writer and computer programmer, and the last serious ex-partner a software engineer. They have typically been INTJ, INTP, though a couple INFP. I am both INFP and INTP. Comparative Religion and Philosophy are my fields of study. I naturally gravitate toward the cerebral.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:52 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,923 times
Quote:
I think people who are already physically attractive, when they are extremely intelligent, or successful or talented (such as musically), it serves to amplify greatly their attractiveness, set them apart.

But I don't think intelligence on it's own can compete.

Do you know who Terry Tao is?

Terence Tao - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spend 10 minutes or so reading about the guy. Unbelievable genius. Probably in the top 0.000003% intelligence (or top 10 out of 313.9 million in the United States).

How do you think he fares against the top 20% of physically attractive men in terms of dating in general? I don't even think he's a bad looking dude either.

I do think it's a pretty sad indictment on our society in that sense, but oh well, it's in our genes I guess.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:08 PM

81 posts, read 145,122 times
Only if they meet a minimum level of physical attractiveness. Anything below that won't do anything, no matter how intelligent. Most women don't find Einstein or Stephen Hawking attractive.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:13 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Just being intelligent or smart won't pull women.

I know guys who couldn't pass HS algebra who feast with women and guys who were/are honor students who are virgins. My cousin barely graduated HS and dropped out of College his freshman year but pulls nursing and medical students like clockwork.

Oh and the poster above me is right lol, I've never heard a woman say "damn alert Einstein makes me wet" or I just want to bang stephen Hawkins"

Lmao

Old 11-18-2013, 01:31 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie99 View Post
Only if they meet a minimum level of physical attractiveness. Anything below that won't do anything, no matter how intelligent. Most women don't find Einstein or Stephen Hawking attractive.
Could be...of course Einstein was married and Hawking has been married and divorced twice.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:41 PM

73 posts, read 102,883 times
So someone gave a rep comment that intelligent men tend to be boring. Is that really the case for some of you? As a man, I find brilliant people to be anything but boring.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:46 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
So someone gave a rep comment that intelligent men tend to be boring. Is that really the case for some of you? As a man, I find brilliant people to be anything but boring.
Yes. Some can be fabulously creative. You can't paint them all with the same brush.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:59 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I think people who are already physically attractive, when they are extremely intelligent, or successful or talented (such as musically), it serves to amplify greatly their attractiveness, set them apart.

But I don't think intelligence on it's own can compete.

Do you know who Terry Tao is?

Terence Tao - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spend 10 minutes or so reading about the guy. Unbelievable genius. Probably in the top 0.000003% intelligence (or top 10 out of 313.9 million in the United States).

How do you think he fares against the top 20% of physically attractive men in terms of dating in general? I don't even think he's a bad looking dude either.

I do think it's a pretty sad indictment on our society in that sense, but oh well, it's in our genes I guess.
I do!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/paren...l#post31157358
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships