Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 10:45 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,789,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Jealousy. Some people wouldn't mind having that option.
So among other things, he's jealous?

None of it makes a bit of sense to me, but thanks for trying to clarify

Old 07-07-2013, 10:51 PM

855 posts, read 1,385,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
BINGO.

Not sure why this is such a difficult concept for the OP to grasp.

And the woman wasn't saying she IS sleeping with lots of men, she was saying if that is all she wanted she has lots of friends to choose from already.

She wants a guy interested in a real relationship - nothing "stupid" or wrong with that.
I think it's more along the lines of how the profile words came out. How they were stated so to speak.

A woman who blatantly says she has enough friends for sex alone and chastises the guys on her profile who seek physical attention comes across as arrogant, snotty and prissy. It's like, what does she got so special between her legs that she needs to be discriminate about the guys who address her profile?

Solution. Weed through them like most normal ladies do, who don't need to be so deliberate with an
ending profile message stating her disdain for sex-only-guys.

On-line dating is a trial and error institution. One is not going to find that Pristine Prince Charming who will play the monthly or yearly waiting game just for a kiss. Some guys won't go for that anymore because it usually means he's one pea in a whole string bean of men. In many cases the girl is sleeping with her choice favourite while dissecting the other profiles. Guys and girls get deceived this way.

You have to bite your lip and sift through the BS on dating sites a lot of the time.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:55 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,803,417 times
Using a paid website system like match.com or eharmony helps reduce the creeps

Old 07-07-2013, 11:05 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,789,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
I think it's more along the lines of how the profile words came out. How they were stated so to speak.

A woman who blatantly says she has enough friends for sex alone and chastises the guys on her profile who seek physical attention comes across as arrogant, snotty and prissy. It's like, what does she got so special between her legs that she needs to be discriminate about the guys who address her profile?

Solution. Weed through them like most normal ladies do, who don't need to be so deliberate with an
ending profile message stating her disdain for sex-only-guys.

On-line dating is a trial and error institution. One is not going to find that Pristine Prince Charming who will play the monthly or yearly waiting game just for a kiss. Some guys won't go for that anymore because it usually means he's one pea in a whole string bean of men. In many cases the girl is sleeping with her choice favourite while dissecting the other profiles. Guys and girls get deceived this way.

You have to bite your lip and sift through the BS on dating sites a lot of the time.
Thanks for taking the time to try to explain this convoluted thought process

I suppose there are always going to be prickly people who take offense at something, even when no offense was intended or is even really there.

It would behoove the OP to remember that it's how we choose to frame things that often make them "ugly".

You are saying he saw what she wrote as "arrogant, snotty and prissy" but most folks here saw it as her way of just saying, hey, I don't want guys only interested in sex to respond to my post - I am looking for a real relationship. And whether he believes it or not, there is NOTHING wrong with her stating that.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:06 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,063,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
Using a paid website system like match.com or eharmony helps reduce the creeps

Probably since they are way too expensive. No one is paying for that crap

Old 07-07-2013, 11:09 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,236,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
What about the people that do pay for that crap? I guess they must get something out of it.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:
If your serious about finding quality dates and actually know how to use them, they are very handy, especially for introverted guys like me

Old 07-07-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:
$60 is way too much money for a online dating membership
Says you, other people have had great luck and lots of marriages for paying online website. $60 is nothing in the grand scheme of things if it saves you a lot of money being wasted non worthwhile people and spending the huge amounts of time getting to know a persons basics on a face to face basis.

I really like online dating because I can easily filter out undesirable traits in woman that I consider deal breakers such as wanting kids, smoker, excessive tattoo's/peircings and drug users. Finding that out however face to face takes A LOT of time, money and trial and error, along with heartache.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:05 AM

2,279 posts, read 4,748,118 times
I know quite a few people who have had successful, wonderful LTRs and a few who even married someone they met via match.com or eharmony.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:34 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,814,280 times
I don't see what she said wrong. I think she was a little naive, thinking it would deter the more annoying posters. But she didn't say anything wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships