Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2007, 04:34 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,001,929 times

Advertisements

Hi, Robyn!! Glad to see you had a good trip.

OMG! LOL! As if you don't have enough stress. Who is this boy?!? I wonder what L. would tell you if you mention his name.

Oh, btw, I tried to make these people behave while you were gone. They just won't listen to me. I couldn't control them. I tried. I really, really did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 04:44 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,352,784 times
So yesterday we went to my oldest sisters house and ate dinner there. Watched Shrek 3 and the kids opened 2 presents each, and the rest will be for Christmas Eve. I had not seen her since my gma passed away.

I went to her computer to pull up photobucket and show her Chimes, but before I did that, I sat there and stared at her background on her monitor. My nephew and a friend. He is 27 now. I remember when he was As age. The back ground of the photo of him was beige, he was in his camoflouge. The picture is taken in Iraq. I am so used to seeing soldiers pictures who are in Iraq, but I have never seen him, being one of the soldiers in Iraq.

Be that it was a good picture of him, but it was chilling. His name is Scott. Please keep Robyns nephew Scott in your prayers. He is so grown up. He is a man. Just now 27, serving his country, a wedding planned for next December.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Now at my other sisters house. The one that helped me move, along with my brothers that day. I got to the door and it said do not enter, ferocious (sp) bulls inside. We went inside and my sisters youngest, 11 yo daughter playing in the living room with my sisters grandson, 7yo...that boy is wild.

My sister and her dh were drinking. Drunk. He is mean when he is drunk. He was so very mean and disrespectful to her. Strange thing. All of us sort of have the feeling to him, like they all had to ib.

I saw it so very personally though, last night. My eyes wide open. Saying very hurtful things, very bad things. Cussing. My sister, upset, more upset as the minutes go by. The kisds outside looking at the Christmas lights. I went and fixed her printer and they continued on. It took me back a little. I was angry. I hurt for my sister last night, I rejoiced for myself. Can that be possible? I prayed for her. I thanked the Lord for where I have come, how I have come to be here, and the strength I was given to do it.

I have known that I would not go back, ever. And that i would not seek a relationship such as that. But seeing that last night... The arguement was this. My sister wanted him to care for their daughter today while the viewing took place. He said I don't know anything about that f-n sh*t.

She says we are supposed to be a team, we only have one child, and we are supposed to be a team. I have not gone to this place all day, and now here I am, back, she cried, over the death of the little one. Over him being a whatever he is.

I talked to her this morning. I told her that it was none of my business, but that he was so very disrespectful to her last night. She said its because he was drunk. I thought about that.

Whenever they used to question me about ibs behavior, I would have an instant excuse.
She said he gets mean when he is drunk. I looked at her. She said he is always mean.

It was like I was peering through the closed door of my old life. I could not believe it. He looks at her the same way ib looks at me. It was so clear. Why did life take us both down the same street?

I veered to the right, not to turn around, to never go back. This is her second marriage. She is almost 50. They have always been like this, but I rarely see it, because rarely was I allowed to see my family.

She took her daughter to the viewing today, we could not go, we would be home in about 3 hours from now, had we gone.

She asked me what was the matter last night. My eyes were red, and I was tired. But I had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach seeing them. I told her I was tired.

I am not one to wish bodily harm on anyone, but I wanted to punch him right in the face last night. Or kick him. I left the kitchen and fixed her printer, it has been messing up on her for months.

What I saw was what everyone else has been seeing in me all of these years. That is what I saw. And it was horrible.

What I have done since this summer.....the best thing in my life for me and the kids. For my sister, and her husband and daughter.....normalcy. Her daughter, when they all came back in the house, thought nothing of it. Normalcy.

This was a sucky post guys, and I am so sorry. It was painful. I did have happiness this weekend though. I don't know what my sister needs to do. I know what I had to do. I have never voiced an opinion on how he treats her, maybe because it was normal for me too.

Not anymore though.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:45 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,915,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Gas $60
Lunch coming home $32.00
Driving on the road at my home, up and down the hills, looking to the left or right, fields and fields, the barns, the fall leaves still hanging around. The Amish. The everything. Listening to the music with the kids, singing with them. LOOK! That is where Mommy used to go when I was your age! L- Mommy I love Maryland. Me looking in the rear view mirror, watching my angels sleeping. A feeling of freedom overwhelming me as I just drive, with the kids. They were so happy. I was as well. We have never been on a more serene road trip ... not ever!

PRICELESS
Excellent! Isn't that great Robyn? Your first trip as a free person in a long while. I'm so glad to hear that things went well.

((((Robyn))))

Old 12-16-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Hi, Robyn!! Glad to see you had a good trip.

OMG! LOL! As if you don't have enough stress. Who is this boy?!? I wonder what L. would tell you if you mention his name.

Oh, btw, I tried to make these people behave while you were gone. They just won't listen to me. I couldn't control them. I tried. I really, really did.
I know you did Rockky, I know. This boy....ugh, is a little boy that L has gone to school w for a few years now.

She knows I know about him. I asked her the other day if he was her boyfriend and she said NO MA"AM! But he is seriously crushing on me!

OMG!!!

Old 12-16-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
So yesterday we went to my oldest sisters house and ate dinner there. Watched Shrek 3 and the kids opened 2 presents each, and the rest will be for Christmas Eve. I had not seen her since my gma passed away.

I went to her computer to pull up photobucket and show her Chimes, but before I did that, I sat there and stared at her background on her monitor. My nephew and a friend. He is 27 now. I remember when he was As age. The back ground of the photo of him was beige, he was in his camoflouge. The picture is taken in Iraq. I am so used to seeing soldiers pictures who are in Iraq, but I have never seen him, being one of the soldiers in Iraq.

Be that it was a good picture of him, but it was chilling. His name is Scott. Please keep Robyns nephew Scott in your prayers. He is so grown up. He is a man. Just now 27, serving his country, a wedding planned for next December.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Now at my other sisters house. The one that helped me move, along with my brothers that day. I got to the door and it said do not enter, ferocious (sp) bulls inside. We went inside and my sisters youngest, 11 yo daughter playing in the living room with my sisters grandson, 7yo...that boy is wild.

My sister and her dh were drinking. Drunk. He is mean when he is drunk. He was so very mean and disrespectful to her. Strange thing. All of us sort of have the feeling to him, like they all had to ib.

I saw it so very personally though, last night. My eyes wide open. Saying very hurtful things, very bad things. Cussing. My sister, upset, more upset as the minutes go by. The kisds outside looking at the Christmas lights. I went and fixed her printer and they continued on. It took me back a little. I was angry. I hurt for my sister last night, I rejoiced for myself. Can that be possible? I prayed for her. I thanked the Lord for where I have come, how I have come to be here, and the strength I was given to do it.

I have known that I would not go back, ever. And that i would not seek a relationship such as that. But seeing that last night... The arguement was this. My sister wanted him to care for their daughter today while the viewing took place. He said I don't know anything about that f-n sh*t.

She says we are supposed to be a team, we only have one child, and we are supposed to be a team. I have not gone to this place all day, and now here I am, back, she cried, over the death of the little one. Over him being a whatever he is.

I talked to her this morning. I told her that it was none of my business, but that he was so very disrespectful to her last night. She said its because he was drunk. I thought about that.

Whenever they used to question me about ibs behavior, I would have an instant excuse.
She said he gets mean when he is drunk. I looked at her. She said he is always mean.

It was like I was peering through the closed door of my old life. I could not believe it. He looks at her the same way ib looks at me. It was so clear. Why did life take us both down the same street?

I veered to the right, not to turn around, to never go back. This is her second marriage. She is almost 50. They have always been like this, but I rarely see it, because rarely was I allowed to see my family.

She took her daughter to the viewing today, we could not go, we would be home in about 3 hours from now, had we gone.

She asked me what was the matter last night. My eyes were red, and I was tired. But I had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach seeing them. I told her I was tired.

I am not one to wish bodily harm on anyone, but I wanted to punch him right in the face last night. Or kick him. I left the kitchen and fixed her printer, it has been messing up on her for months.

What I saw was what everyone else has been seeing in me all of these years. That is what I saw. And it was horrible.

What I have done since this summer.....the best thing in my life for me and the kids. For my sister, and her husband and daughter.....normalcy. Her daughter, when they all came back in the house, thought nothing of it. Normalcy.

This was a sucky post guys, and I am so sorry. It was painful. I did have happiness this weekend though. I don't know what my sister needs to do. I know what I had to do. I have never voiced an opinion on how he treats her, maybe because it was normal for me too.

Not anymore though.
Robyn I just read this. I am so sorry for your sister. She could look to you for strength. It is NOT a crappy post. I think it speaks to how far you have come. I had no idea your sister was in an abusive marriage and wish her the best, as we all do for you. See how much you have overcome? Perhaps some day you should direct her to "Where is the love" and ask her to read on from there. It may give her the strength she needs to do the right thing at some point. I really feel for her child.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
I know you did Rockky, I know. This boy....ugh, is a little boy that L has gone to school w for a few years now.

She knows I know about him. I asked her the other day if he was her boyfriend and she said NO MA"AM! But he is seriously crushing on me!

OMG!!!
I told you to get those matching baseball bats Robyn. You and L back to back, walking down the street fending off the boys!

Old 12-16-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I told you to get those matching baseball bats Robyn. You and L back to back, walking down the street fending off the boys!
LOL SYN! !

Old 12-16-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Robyn I just read this. I am so sorry for your sister. She could look to you for strength. It is NOT a crappy post. I think it speaks to how far you have come. I had no idea your sister was in an abusive marriage and wish her the best, as we all do for you. See how much you have overcome? Perhaps some day you should direct her to "Where is the love" and ask her to read on from there. It may give her the strength she needs to do the right thing at some point. I really feel for her child.
I did not REALLLY realize it either, until last night. I have always thought he is a jerk. I guess the 2 of us joined the jerk of the decade club. I see it now though. Plain as day, as clear as the sky was opening up to show the sun through the clouds for our trip home. Yesterday the sky looked like snow, and you could not see stars. You could not see anything. Today the sky opened up.

Night and day. This is when I saw it, it was cloudy, almost like snow was going to fall, and I entered their home, and it opened up. I talked to her this morning, and the sun shone through the clouds, and as we drove home, complete sunshine.

This is messed up.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:23 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,001,929 times
Robyn, I'm sorry you had such an experience on your trip this weekend. I think that sort of behavior is much more common than anyone wants to admit. It had to be very difficult for you to even hear the tone of his voice.

I hope your sister realizes that she has the options you have chosen to take. Even if she and her husband seek counseling, it would be better than that day to day existence of feeling numb.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Robyn, I'm sorry you had such an experience on your trip this weekend. I think that sort of behavior is much more common than anyone wants to admit. It had to be very difficult for you to even hear the tone of his voice.

I hope your sister realizes that she has the options you have chosen to take. Even if she and her husband seek counseling, it would be better than that day to day existence of feeling numb.
He would never do that, I don't think she would either. oooohhhhh brother.

He thinks he is right all the time. About everything. Always. Sounds very familiar.

I look back at the times I have spent with them, and really, this is how it has been. Just seems like last night, I really really saw it. For what it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships