Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 10:59 AM

5,985 posts, read 13,127,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Move to a bigger city, where singles actualy care about their appearance and their physical shape. Im sure those people also live in Madison, but perhaps there are less of them? Youre surrounded by packer fans, what do you expect?
Madison by and large, on a per capita basis is probably more health conscious than Chicago. Its a granola college town.

Outside the hipster-yuppie-frat belts of downtown-north side, I don't think people take care of themselves any better than people much smaller midwestern cities. Especially because you can replace Packers with Bears/Blackhawks/White sox

However just in sheer numbers Chicago will have more single young adults - because Madison does have limited employment options compared to Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 11:01 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guliver901 View Post
I am ready to give up on dating. I live in Madison Wisconsin and am 42 year old. I have tried just about every dating service there is. I do not know why but it seems like it is impossible to find anyone here that is singles and not over weight. I know you women will scream look for the inner beauty. But inner beauty is only one part of a long lasting relationship. You must have many things is common, things you like to do together, things to spend quality time together. I like to go hiking, ride bicycle, play sports, go skiing, mountain climbing, and white water rafting. None of these things I can hope to do with someone who gets winded walking up one flight of stairs. So what is the point of getting married if there is nothing you can do together you both enjoy. I do not know what is about Madison, but women here over 40 are just not in to athletics, sure you see lots of fit women working and stating fit but they are all already married.

So here is my question, I have been considering using an international marriage broker. Has anyone ever used one or knows some who has? Did the marriage last? Did she change after she arrived? Any feedback would be helpful, and please women don’t criticize me for looking at my options. I have been dating here for almost 25 years, it is time for me to start a family. I have realized now that it is never going to happen in this city.
It's hard to believe that ALL the women you've encountered through all those services are overweight. I know for a fact that Wisconsin has many single thin women of Scandinavian heritage, for example. Skiing and hiking are a cornerstone of that culture. It's hard to believe that at 40, those women suddenly abandon an athletic lifestyle, as if there's a "sport hormone" that vanishes from the body at 40.

However, if you insist that it's true, then I'd say you're only choice is to move out of the Mid-West. Hiking is huge in the Northwest, and northern California. Biking and skiing are popular, too.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:50 AM

2,349 posts, read 5,436,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guliver901 View Post
I have been considering using an international marriage broker.

Why complicate things with an international marriage?

Good looking women are just around the corner from you. Good looking women (people in general) are not found in any one city - but rather - in certain parts of every city - and those parts are usually the more affluent, higher rent parts.

A man will marry the best looking women he can afford. <- There's a lot of truth to this. The corollary is Tight Butts get Rich Husbands.

Go to a higher end mall or neighborhood. That's where the hot moms are, the tennis clubs, golf clubs. Wealthier people are usually better looking. Good looking people have "good looking" genes with they pass on to their kids.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:24 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Men on this forum seem ridiculously obsessed with women's weight. Their weight now, their weight in other countries, their weight in the future etc etc.

Regardless, is the OP 'good enough' for that type of women? I'm sure thin, athletic women aren't going to want some schlub that's sitting in front of the computer screen complaining about how women are so fat.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:29 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,436,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Men on this forum seem ridiculously obsessed with women's weight.

Men are almost as concerned with women's weight as women are.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:32 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
Men are almost as concerned with women's weight as women are.
And women are concerned because of public ridicule and being rejected by men who are obsessed about their weight.

As someone who has been moo'd and barked at for not being super thin, the main reason I wanted to lose weight was so that people would stop being a-holes to me.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:33 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Okay. How about a picture of OP so we can tell if his complaints are justified?

Old 07-16-2013, 12:40 PM

752 posts, read 1,165,027 times
I was quite across planet. For my taste in USA is plenty of very good looking women, even of kind that I like. It is not true that at average are very overweight. At top of that women are friendly toward man here. Instead of looking outside man with problem should look inside to see what is wrong. If eligible women here in USA are not enough good I don't know what is good enough.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:43 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,377,654 times
Quote:
Men on this forum seem ridiculously obsessed with women's weight. Their weight now, their weight in other countries, their weight in the future etc etc.

Regardless, is the OP 'good enough' for that type of women? I'm sure thin, athletic women aren't going to want some schlub that's sitting in front of the computer screen complaining about how women are so fat.
Schlub sitting in front of the computer screen? Maybe he's working? I'm easily in the top 5% in terms of aesthetic physiques, yet I'm on the computer plenty. And yes, due to my exercise and eating habits I will not date a girl without a similar lifestyle. And, because of this lifestyle, it leads to being thin and healthy.

Men are concerned with women's weight because fat is typically not attractive. A little curvy or thick is one thing, but being 20+ lbs overweight is not going to work for a lot of thin or very active guys. My gf is 5' and 118lbs. My last two exes were 5'9" and 120lbs. My current gf is a tad thicker and curvier but also works out a ton more so it evens out pretty well.

All that being said, I don't think it's really "that" hard to find girls that are thin, and a LOT workout. Do you ever go to the gym? There are tons of very attractive girls at nice gyms, many are very friendly as well. On dating sites I've found plenty that work out as well.

Just because someone is thin and athletic does not automatically mean all other thin and athletic women will be into them. At 42 if you want a young attractive girl you should probably have your own relatively nice place, good job, etc. etc. etc. Girls do and should expect a bit more out of a 42 year old than a 22 year old.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:45 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,377,654 times
Quote:
As someone who has been moo'd and barked at for not being super thin, the main reason I wanted to lose weight was so that people would stop being a-holes to me.
Oh, so you were just thin and not super thin, that's why they moo'd at you? Right....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships