Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 02:25 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,302,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
That happens also. I think this happens because it kind of puts her on the spot, and most likely they wont reject that idea, and risk upsetting the guy at the end of the date.
The alternative would be:
You, "I had a good time tonight, let's meet up again."
Her, "I did also, but no thanks, I'm not feeling it."

Most people won't out reject someone like that.

But honestly, I'm not sure your age, or logistics, but IMO a kiss on the cheek is too much.

Me initial meet: Maaaayyyybe a hug, at most. Many times I am already sitting, and when they walk up, Sometime I don't even stand up. Depends on the woman, and how comfortable she appears, but I can tell really quickly her comfort level.
If things go well, I will give a hug at the end of the date. I usually announce it also, "let me have a hug." or something like that. A lot of women get freaked out... "is this guy i barely know gonna try to make out?"
I feel it clears the air.
Then depending on the next real date, I may try to get a smootch. But it depends on the read/chemistry I get from her.

A friend of mine goes in for the kiss on first meets 95% of the time. He hasn't admitted to being rejected. But women swoon over this guy, so it's different for him I think.

Try to have fun, it is easy to get burned out.

she kissed me on the cheek upon meeting me so I felt it was fine to kiss her when we said goodbye , I was surprised she kissed me on the cheek upon meeting , I reached out to shake her hand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 02:31 PM

10 posts, read 10,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
unfortunately my date was dishonest and desceitfull and was never really interested in a second date , I text her three days after our first ( what I thought was a successful ) date just to say hello , she took a full day to reply and wasn't overly enthusiastic , I then tried to ring her three days ago to see which restaurant we were having dinner ( she said she would chose one in her home town ) in today for our second date , went to voice mail and she didn't get back to me for two days despite the fact I left a message , got a text yesterday evening to say she would have to cancel our " meeting " ( changed from a date ) today as she had has a busy week and was in another city at a family function

I text her back and told her I would have perfered she had been upfront from the start about not wanting to continue seeing me , she didn't even reply which shows she wasn't even remotely bothered about my unhappiness over the issue

some people are just obnoxious

ps , this girl actually contacted me on match.com , not the other way around , I asked her out but she winked at me and made the first move
First of all, why did you wait 3 days to text her? Doesn't seem that you were "overly enthusiastic" about her either.

Not sure why you would think she would care about your unhappiness after meeting her one time and then texting her 3 days after? I wouldn't care either.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:33 PM

805 posts, read 1,560,183 times
My Irish brother..haha
Just like men will say "I will call you" and don't, they usually mean they will in the moment but then re-think it later and don't call. She was not necessarily dishonest, she may have thought she would go out with you again but then later decided not to. It happens and there is not necessarily malice or deceitful intent involved.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneater69 View Post
First of all, why did you wait 3 days to text her? Doesn't seem that you were "overly enthusiastic" about her either.

Not sure why you would think she would care about your unhappiness after meeting her one time and then texting her 3 days after? I wouldn't care either.

half the experts say if you contact a girl too quick , she will think you are pushy - desperate - obsessive , I knew she was going to a gig the day after our date , I text her to ask her how it went and she told me , I then phoned her last Friday as I had not heard from her to see which restaurant our dinner date was in , she never once contacted me bar to tell me yesterday evening that she was cancelled

Old 08-05-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
half the experts say if you contact a girl too quick , she will think you are pushy - desperate - obsessive , I knew she was going to a gig the day after our date , I text her to ask her how it went and she told me , I then phoned her last Friday as I had not heard from her to see which restaurant our dinner date was in , she never once contacted me bar to tell me yesterday evening that she was cancelled
Personally I think that advice is old. Nowadays, things move quicker and women have more choices. If you don't seem that interested, she won't invest. Women don't want to date a man that isn't that into them unless they are desperate.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckodeirish View Post
My Irish brother..haha
Just like men will say "I will call you" and don't, they usually mean they will in the moment but then re-think it later and don't call. She was not necessarily dishonest, she may have thought she would go out with you again but then later decided not to. It happens and there is not necessarily malice or deceitful intent involved.

yeah well she could at least have called to apologise , plus the reference to our date as a " meeting " was just cold

Old 08-05-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneater69 View Post
Personally I think that advice is old. Nowadays, things move quicker and women have more choices. If you don't seem that interested, she won't invest. Women don't want to date a man that isn't that into them unless they are desperate.

so I should have called her everyday , when I did text her , she took a day to reply , she intended to appear disinterred - unenthusiastic

Old 08-05-2013, 03:57 PM

50,945 posts, read 36,629,320 times
Quote:
so I should have called her everyday , when I did text her , she took a day to reply , she intended to appear disinterred - unenthusiastic
It was a first meet, not a date - you met for coffee, right? There is a difference between a date and a first meet. I am not clear at all why you would think she would apologize, people are allowed to change their mind and don't owe an explanation or apology for it. I know you feel differently, but honestly dating is going to be much harder for you than it needs to be if you are going to get this upset and insulted by every rejection.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It was a first meet, not a date - you met for coffee, right? There is a difference between a date and a first meet. I am not clear at all why you would think she would apologize, people are allowed to change their mind and don't owe an explanation or apology for it. I know you feel differently, but honestly dating is going to be much harder for you than it needs to be if you are going to get this upset and insulted by every rejection.

if it was a very preliminary first date , why would it have been wise for me to have bombarded her with daily texts like some seem to believe , I took it slow

Old 08-05-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:

No, you should have texted her the next day. So you took 3 days and she too 1 - you both are unenthusiastic...get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships