Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 05:05 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,018,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Ah who cares.

Why even tell him? I wouldn't bother. Least said soonest mended and all that. Just make sure the best man keeps his trap shut too and you're good to go.

In some places it would be a given that the bride had slept with someone in the wedding party, or at least a good proportion of the guests.

And don't come that "but I want to be honest" bs...if you'd wanted that, you wouldn't have lied in the first place.
The funny thing about 2 people hooking up within a social circle in most cases .. They think it is all undercover and no one else knows... while the rest of the social circle knows exactly what's going on and just aren't saying anything.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:06 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,080,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
The funny thing about 2 people hooking up within a social circle in most cases .. They think it is all undercover and no one else knows... while the rest of the social circle knows exactly what's going on and just aren't saying anything.

Happens in Georgia more than Michigan.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:07 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,239,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
They probably don't care.

Only some brides-to-be about to be outed as lying hos care.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:10 PM

896 posts, read 1,176,923 times
I don't think you should say anything. It isn't going to be taken well, and every time he sees that guy he will imagine all sorts of dirty things. You may as well roll the dice and keep quiet because finding out from you will be negligably better then finding out from his friend. I don't get why you lied in the first place but you can't unring a bell.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:14 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
I don't think you should say anything. It isn't going to be taken well, and every time he sees that guy he will imagine all sorts of dirty things. You may as well roll the dice and keep quiet because finding out from you will be negligably better then finding out from his friend. I don't get why you lied in the first place but you can't unring a bell.
I actually agree.

Maybe have a talk with Sam about respecting your marriage and not talking about it - say, I don't know, control his drinking at the bachelor party so he can use better discretion?

The FWB was not a ONS in my mind, and I don't think it is worth throwing a wrench in things by having a guilt laden confession over it.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:15 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,539,630 times
You didn't have a ONS with Sam, so you didn't lie about that. You did lie about only having meaningful relationships, unless the relationship with Sam was meaningful. I'd come clean about it as it's likely to come out at some point. Will it end your relationship with Robert? Possibly, but it's better to end it before you're married than later in a divorce.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:38 PM

21 posts, read 42,607 times
I know it's a situation that has to be resolved. I for sure don't want it coming out after we're married. And I'm not a lying ho like Cindersslipper said. My "number" is not off the charts but it's probably higher (probably significantly higher) than Robert's. That plus the fact that Robert has conservative views on sex is why I didn't come out and say everything when we had the "talk."

So I haven't lied about Sam or my number. I just did not bring them up and I did that because I see in Robert a fantastic man who I love and who I want to be with. I didn't want to rock the boat

Old 08-02-2013, 05:41 PM

896 posts, read 1,176,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliChick View Post
I know it's a situation that has to be resolved. I for sure don't want it coming out after we're married. And I'm not a lying ho like Cindersslipper said. My "number" is not off the charts but it's probably higher (probably significantly higher) than Robert's. That plus the fact that Robert has conservative views on sex is why I didn't come out and say everything when we had the "talk."

So I haven't lied about Sam or my number. I just did not bring them up and I did that because I see in Robert a fantastic man who I love and who I want to be with. I didn't want to rock the boat
Why are you so sure it will come out at all? And if you tell, what do you think you will accomplish? I get that you want to alleviate your own guilt, but what is in it for your fiancee to hear the truth?

Old 08-02-2013, 05:44 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliChick View Post

This is bad. Tell him before the wedding. Bad news does not get better with time.

Then stop lying and doing things that you think you might want to lie about.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:47 PM

21 posts, read 42,607 times
So this is now confusing. Some of you guys are saying tell him and others are saying don't. I want to tell him cause I don't want to lie to theman I love but I know Robert. If I tell him it'll open a can of worms and he'll start asking questions about other guys, stuff I've done in the past and so on. My past is not terrible but it's not as "nice" as Robert would want. So I'm stuck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships