Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 12:48 PM

213 posts, read 504,005 times

Advertisements

Everyone says it's just a numbers game. That's true, but if you're so disadvantaged that you only have a chance with 1 out of every 100 women you're attracted to, should you even bother? 99 rejections might be worth it if you know the 100th try will yield success, but you never know it will. I'm 0/3 in the dating arena. I've had 3 women I liked and they each turned me down. I had high self-esteem until I tried dating. Really, I did. Never knew that I wasn't attractive to women. Moms need to stop telling their sons that they're handsome and that women will like them if they be a gentleman. Love comes easy to some guys, particularly guys who are good-looking or have money. It's pretty easy to find someone who is the love of your life when every woman is magnetically drawn to you. I laugh at people here who think that having a good personality will make you attractive to women. Off the top of my head, if I had to think of the most personable people I know, none of them do well in the dating world.

If you're not an attractive person, at some point you have to make a decision. You either need to:
  • Learn how to be content without a romantic partner.
  • Continue to look for romantic partners, which takes a lot of time, energy, and can really hurt your self-esteem if you're unsuccessful.

Choose wisely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 01:06 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,606,822 times
I laugh at defeated men who carry themselves like victims, and think they have to be a 10 in order to get a girlfriend because they got shot down 3 times.

You've been turned down 3 times? Being a sophmore in High School can be tough.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:08 PM

213 posts, read 504,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
I laugh at defeated men who carry themselves like victims, and think they have to be a 10 in order to get a girlfriend because they got shot down 3 times.

You've been turned down 3 times? Being a sophmore in High School can be tough.
I'm 24, though.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:09 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
Do or do not, there is no try.

Regardless, if you want to give up then give up. Nobody is forcing you to be in a relationship and if you don't want to put forth the effort then find something else to occupy your time.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:14 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,003 times
being in your 20's and trying to equate "love" with amount of ***** gotten...yup, defiantly a younger point of view

if love is really what you are seeking you should know that doesn't magically happen just because you can get every chick you see.

Last edited by rego00123; 08-15-2013 at 01:23 PM..

Old 08-15-2013, 01:26 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AStalkingButler View Post
I'm 24, though.
How long have you been trying, though? Zero for 3 means you have had no dates at all ... why not? Why didn't you date in high school? That's roughly 10 years from being a freshman in high school. I was shy to the point of being sullen in junior high, but I went to a few dances and kissed a boy. Boys didn't really notice me until I was a sophomore, and even then the "cool" boys were usually not nice to me because I was still socially awkward and self-conscious, not cool like them. (That awkwardness around the cool crowd never goes away, BTW.) I got a couple of mix tapes and stuff like that from straight-up nerds who tried to talk to me. They weren't intimidated by me.

There's got to be a reason you have not had any dates ever.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:29 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,945,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AStalkingButler View Post
Everyone says it's just a numbers game. That's true, but if you're so disadvantaged that you only have a chance with 1 out of every 100 women you're attracted to, should you even bother? 99 rejections might be worth it if you know the 100th try will yield success, but you never know it will. I'm 0/3 in the dating arena. I've had 3 women I liked and they each turned me down. I had high self-esteem until I tried dating. Really, I did. Never knew that I wasn't attractive to women. Moms need to stop telling their sons that they're handsome and that women will like them if they be a gentleman. Love comes easy to some guys, particularly guys who are good-looking or have money. It's pretty easy to find someone who is the love of your life when every woman is magnetically drawn to you. I laugh at people here who think that having a good personality will make you attractive to women. Off the top of my head, if I had to think of the most personable people I know, none of them do well in the dating world.

If you're not an attractive person, at some point you have to make a decision. You either need to:
  • Learn how to be content without a romantic partner.
  • Continue to look for romantic partners, which takes a lot of time, energy, and can really hurt your self-esteem if you're unsuccessful.

Choose wisely.
Well, pick up your towel and don't quit just yet.

If you say hi to 100 women most will return the greeting. Their reaction to you is what you look at. Does she smile back, tuck her hair behind her ear as she walks by... These are things you look for.

Now...make yourself available. If you said hi to a lady you passed in a store, stop somewhere to allow time to search you out to continue the conversation if she is interested. Like the cd isle or something. Watch for anyone you have already reached out to in saying hi. If she comes up within talking distance struck up a convo with her. "We meet again?" Act like you are happy to see her again.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:30 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,855,773 times
Three turndowns is nothing.

At 24, I have to ask-when did you start asking women out?

Old 08-15-2013, 01:31 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,962,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Do or do not, there is no try.

Regardless, if you want to give up then give up. Nobody is forcing you to be in a relationship and if you don't want to put forth the effort then find something else to occupy your time.
Tried to rep ya, Mistress Yoda.

--Dim

Old 08-15-2013, 01:31 PM

87 posts, read 105,329 times
Improve yourself. Study game. Stop whining and do something about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships