Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 02:16 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I only learned recently that some guys are insecure about balding. It came as a surprise to me, I didn't know.
i think it's normal for men to have some small level of insecurity about it. like, it's something friends would pick on each other about.

but a big insecurity? that's not normal at all. i've seen that before and it's weird and embarassing to witness. it's a certain 'type' of person who is prone to this, too -- i can't really describe it. the same 'type' of guy who'd get plastic surgery and/or buy a midlife-crisismobile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 02:16 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I only learned recently that some guys are insecure about balding. It came as a surprise to me, I didn't know.
Hahaha, please tell me this is a joke based off off a similar comment from another thread.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i think it's normal for men to have some small level of insecurity about it. like, it's something friends would pick on each other about.

but a big insecurity? that's not normal at all. i've seen that before and it's weird and embarassing to witness. it's a certain 'type' of person who is prone to this, too -- i can't really describe it. the same 'type' of guy who'd get plastic surgery and/or buy a midlife-crisismobile.

Huh?!

I dont know one guy that is going bald that it doesnt significantly bother him.
And what does driving a convertible have to do with anything?

I know guys that wear hats all the time if they can outside of work to cover their losing hair. To most guys it is a big deal. Anyone that doesnt know this must not know their balding friend very well. It is a very significant life change for a man.

Edit: I swear that said convertible.
re: Crisismobile
Not sure I've ever met a guy that admitted to plastic surgery.

Last edited by AverageGuy2006; 08-22-2013 at 03:05 PM..

Old 08-22-2013, 02:26 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Wow. And for that you created this thread?

Seriously. Women that love their husbands don't give a rat's patooty about their hubby's balding head.

Wonder what she is going to think when he puts on a few pounds, goes gray or completely bald AND has to get dentures....

My husband and 3 of his 4 brothers have been going bald or are bald and have been for 20+ years, it does not bother any of them at all. They are not defined by their hair or lack of it, his 4th brother has started getting much thinner hair within the last few years and it does not bother him either.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
[/b]

Huh?!

I dont know one guy that is going bald that it doesnt significantly bother him.

i don't know one guy that is going bald that it does significantly bother him.

Quote:
And what does driving a convertible have to do with anything?
that's the best way i can express the stereotype of the sort of person who feels severe insecurity over baldness. it's like a certain type of guy who harbors this excessive anxiety, insecurity, and fear about whether others will think that he is good-looking.

Quote:
I know guys that wear hats all the time if they can outside of work to cover their losing hair.
with the exception of wide-brimmed sun-protecting hats, or wintertime hats, i don't know any guys who wear hats at all.. much less hats to hide baldness.

Quote:
To most guys it is a big deal. Anyone that doesnt know this must not know their balding friend very well. It is a very significant life change for a man.
well, i started going bald around age 16. i was catching hell in the high school football locker room as a sophomore.

maybe other men just don't express their baldness insecurities around me, personally, because they see how few f*cks I give about my own baldness. Maybe I'm a role model and I don't even know it.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:35 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,689,906 times
OMG, no! My husband was balding when I met him, and it totally didn't matter to me. Unfortunately, it mattered to him, regardless of what I said. He left me and the baby home alone while he took a ''business trip' and came home with a hair transplant which he hid from me for 4 days before I finally asked him why he was wearing his hat at the dinner table. It was not the first nor the last thing he lied to me about.

Now, I still don't care about hair, but I am screening more carefully for deep seated insecurity.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:37 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,270,408 times
I wouldn't care, if I was inlove the last thing I'd care about was him going bald. I'm not that superficial

Old 08-22-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i don't know one guy that is going bald that it does significantly bother him.

that's the best way i can express the stereotype of the sort of person who feels severe insecurity over baldness. it's like a certain type of guy who harbors this excessive anxiety, insecurity, and fear about whether others will think that he is good-looking.

with the exception of wide-brimmed sun-protecting hats, or wintertime hats, i don't know any guys who wear hats at all.. much less hats to hide baldness.

well, i started going bald around age 16. i was catching hell in the high school football locker room as a sophomore.

maybe other men just don't express their baldness insecurities around me, personally, because they see how few f*cks I give about my own baldness. Maybe I'm a role model and I don't even know it.
I didnt realize you were an elitest.
Carry on.

You people and all the ****s you give. oh boy.

Everyone that i know that truly doesnt care about what other people say NEVER say anything about "all the ***** they give"

We must associate with completely different people.

I am throughly amused.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I didnt realize you were an elitest.
if not worrying about my genetics makes me an "elitest" [sic], then sure, i'll be one.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:13 PM

213 posts, read 504,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by librarySue View Post
He left me and the baby home alone while he took a ''business trip' and came home with a hair transplant which he hid from me for 4 days before I finally asked him why he was wearing his hat at the dinner table.
Did his hair transplant work out well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships