Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 01:45 PM

151 posts, read 210,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I would not want to go out with a guy who attached relationship meaning to who paid for a meal/date.
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 01:46 PM

415 posts, read 599,904 times
The reaction depends on the guy. There are a lot of lame guys who feel the need to pay because they have low self-esteem. They feel they can't get women without buying affection so they prefer to pay. Those guys who have no problem with Dutch are confident that they have the personality to woo a woman without paying. I'm in the second category. If my chick always wanted to pay I don't see a problem.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:02 PM

20 posts, read 36,972 times
I've insisted to splitting the bill right on the first date or second on many different occasions when I was single but let me tell you something: this is bad news. It means I don't plan on seeing the guy again.
I don't do it because of being kind but because I'm not interested in the guy wasting more time and money.

So I were single again and right away agree to pay for my part on the first date, means an early bye bye.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
But some guys may be confused and take it as, "she's not into me." but, IMO, how she acts during the date determines if she is into me, not who pays the bill.
Actually that would be my reason why I'm paying early on. That's my way of saying ''I'm not into you''.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:08 PM

151 posts, read 210,935 times
Oh really?

Personally, if I were to ask a guy to split the bill, it would not mean anything. I would just mention that I would like to go out again before asking to split the bill. That way, the guy would not feel as though I am trying to reject him. But I understand that some guys might get offended thinking the girl is trying to let them doing gently.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolitaAvenue View Post
Oh really?

Personally, if I were to ask a guy to split the bill, it would not mean anything. I would just mention that I would like to go out again before asking to split the bill. That way, the guy would not feel as though I am trying to reject him.
Well everyone thinks differently. I was once dating a guy that kept picking his nose and ate like a pig in the restaurant. I split the bill right away and made an excuse that I had very important exams but I wanted to leave ASAP. Another time it happened when a guy kept telling me stories about his exes and how he always had trouble with again... jikes. I also split the bill right there.

It confused two guys, they thought I was interested in another date but most got the point already.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:15 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene89 View Post
Actually that would be my reason why I'm paying early on. That's my way of saying ''I'm not into you''.
In this case, we are on completely different spectrums. And that is ok, we would just never get past date one.

But neither one of us would get burned in this scenerio, so we could walk away knowing we had one date that was fun, but also know that we weren't compatitble.

The reason I like dutch, or alternating the bill is beacuse many women take advantage of the situation. After having 1-3 dates with a woman and me paying the dates, only to have her say, "I'm not into you that way," gets a little frustrating. I want to know a woman is into me as a person, not interested in me only as an entertainer.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:19 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,377,654 times
If I'm dating or genuinely interested, I orefer to pay. If she wants to offer occasionally I couldn't ve happier.

It's like holding the door open for a women or giving her your jacket. Is she capable of doing it herself? Sure. But chivalry isnt entirely dead in my book.

I'm 25 but I guess I'm a bit old fashioned in some senses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-26-2013, 02:19 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I would think that the first few dates I should pay, after a bit she can too, or split occasionally... IDK... I don't have any forumula to it other than at first few I'm gonna make sure to pay.......

Old 08-26-2013, 02:24 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I would think that the first few dates I should pay, after a bit she can too, or split occasionally... IDK... I don't have any forumula to it other than at first few I'm gonna make sure to pay.......
Hey Chow, would you be interested in elaborating as to why you feel this way, what it means to you to pay the first couple of times?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships