Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2013, 08:16 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,190,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Lol, that seems to be the mind set of women. They'll let the jerk/bad boy hit it quick, but they'll make the nice guy wait. That's why some men don't respect women and just use them for sex.
No - it's because some men don't respect women that we have this mindset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I don't believe it has any bearing with the right guy, but I don't advise it for women because early on you can not distinguish between a man who just wants sex and one who wants more.
Thank you for saying it more succinctly than I have!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 08:18 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,986,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
The more comfortable I am - the more inhibited I am
err, did you mean to say less?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Lol, that seems to be the mind set of women. They'll let the jerk/bad boy hit it quick, but they'll make the nice guy wait. That's why some men don't respect women and just use them for sex.
i don't really see it as jerk/bad boy

more that some women have a way of being more/sooner/differently attracted to a guy who they don't really want any relationship with than with their BFs

this totally mystifies me, since i'm always more attracted to a gal who i'd want to be in a relationship with than a gal who i wouldn't want to be in a relationship with. i don't have a separate category for "gals who i find as hot/hotter than my GFs but wouldn't want to date" and can only understand such a category in a very detached abstract way since it seems so counter intuitive to me

i don't mean purely looks. obviously there are probably some supermodels out there i wouldn't want to date. i mean attractiveness as a whole and situationally

EDIT - also i'm sure there's a male version of this, like guys with bad madonna/wh*re complexes or whatever who have more fun with prostitutes than their wife, but i just don't care so much about that

Old 09-05-2013, 09:51 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,015,367 times
So for those of you who have a hissy about women waiting to have sex with some men but not others, you'd prefer that all women treat all men the same by sleeping with them right off the bat?

Or would it make you happier if women made all men wait??

Just trying to figure out what might keep you from feeling so slighted.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:53 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,190,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
err, did you mean to say less?

Oops! I actually meant more Uninhibited!

Quote:

more that some women have a way of being more/sooner/differently attracted to a guy who they don't really want any relationship with than with their BFs

this totally mystifies me, since i'm always more attracted to a gal who i'd want to be in a relationship with than a gal who i wouldn't want to be in a relationship with. i don't have a separate category for "gals who i find as hot/hotter than my GFs but wouldn't want to date" and can only understand such a category in a very detached abstract way since it seems so counter intuitive to me

i don't mean purely looks. obviously there are probably some supermodels out there i wouldn't want to date. i mean attractiveness as a whole and situationally

EDIT - also i'm sure there's a male version of this, like guys with bad madonna/wh*re complexes or whatever who have more fun with prostitutes than their wife, but i just don't care so much about that
I don't think it has anything to do with attraction. Maybe that's where the confusion is coming into play. I'd say that the guys that I hooked up with (not slept with) with out knowing them first - yes, they were good looking - but I could tell we didn't have much of an emotional connection. They clearly wanted to hook up and I was in the mood for some fun. It's not that I was MORE attracted to them than the guys I had relationships with - it's that I didn't care if I never saw them again. I think maybe some people think that the only reason you would hook up/sleep with someone right away is because you were ridiculously attracted to them and couldn't resist them. I can't answer for anyone else but I know for me- that was never the case.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:53 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,483,906 times
abstinence is good
livin out your life in deprivation is safe sex in the extreme
holding off a bit is often a deal breaker when a bit turns into a campaign

Old 09-05-2013, 09:59 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,809,711 times
Quote:

Yeah, I don't see where jerk/bad boy comes in to it either. Is a man a jerk or a bad boy because on a vacation he strikes it up with a woman and they have a whirlwind romance for a week?

If women are using jerks for flings, then that leaves the nice guys to have the serious relationships and real love (if the whole jerk premise is to be believed--which I say has nothing to do with the subject at hand).

And since the male posters who are on a bashing spree now because of my words... why don't you answer or reply to my questions, "why do you assume *I* make them wait?" There is no "waiting" it's not a game. It's when both people are ready. Sometimes I am ready first, sometimes he is. It's just respectful to wait for each other. And if you can't respect the other person, then I content that there would be no relationship anyway because who can have a serious relationship that's not founded in mutual respect.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:14 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,363,611 times
would women respect a mans decision to bail if the woman makes him wait a considerable amount of time?

Old 09-05-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
So for those of you who have a hissy about women waiting to have sex with some men but not others, you'd prefer that all women treat all men the same by sleeping with them right off the bat?

Or would it make you happier if women made all men wait??

Just trying to figure out what might keep you from feeling so slighted.

so sleeping with me immediately and never sleeping with any other man isn't an option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
would women respect a mans decision to bail if the woman makes him wait a considerable amount of time?
once you bail, do you really give a ?

Old 09-05-2013, 10:19 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,015,367 times
Quote:
so sleeping with me immediately and never sleeping with any other man isn't an option?

Nope, not by the logic some men are using here. According to them, I have to treat all men equal. No one can be special.

Is that ok?

Old 09-05-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Nope, not by the logic some men are using here. According to them, I have to treat all men equal. No one can be special.

Is that ok?
eff that i wanna be the king
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships