Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 11:15 AM

31,011 posts, read 22,051,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
It can be. But majority of the time its not. Most young girls my age are not going to pass up a hot guy our age, for an an older man, unless the benefits were better.

I hate the immaturity in guys my age as well, but when its all said and done, I want to grow old with my man. Not get one that's already old.
"But majority of the time its not."
Of course, and the majority of marriages between people of similar ages supports that. My point was that I rarely see my friends and aquaintences that actually have a big age difference doing it for money. It's almost always about attraction based on something other than money or age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 11:19 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
It's not just money. It can be a look, talent, admiration or an ability that one person finds attractive in another person. You could be a very mature younger person that is tired of the immaturity you see in your age group. When I was in my 20s that was one of the things that attracted me to women in their 30s. Unfortunately, there wasn't an abundance of 35 yo women wanting to go out with a 25 yo. I have quite of few broke musician friends and more often than not have fairly young women dating them.

I don't typically date anyone much younger or older than me because that seems who I end up clicking with. But, if I meet someone I really click with age alone would not deter me.
I agree with you on all of the above

If I had two men the same one 25 same as me and one 35 I'd choose the 35 year old, I'm very attracted to older men, their life experience and their out look on life in general is very appealing to me

Old 09-09-2013, 11:33 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaD_Rock View Post
Even if the average joe would look like Johnny or better they would find it disgusting. It's the number what matters not the look. You can even be 40 and look like 25. If they know your age it's disgusting because you can be their father. But not with celebs.
I think it depends on the person's behavior, too.

If a guy is older and he's free-spirited, fun, and interesting... along with good looking and in good shape? I think he's got a good chance with younger women.

If he's an old fogey or comes across like a lecherous old man?

Nope. Not so much.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Untrue. If I met a guy and found him attractive I would have no idea his age. It's not like I would find out a month into this romantic interlude, and be "Ewwwww!!! Gross!! I thought you were my age. See ya!"

By any chance are you a guy trying to date younger women? Why does this matter to you?
Exactly! If you two are compatible, the age thing isn't going to be a dealbreaker.

The problem is that with very large age gaps, the chances for compatibility go down.

You don't get the "he's old enough to be my father/she's old enough to be my mother" comments unless these people actually REMIND you of your parents or other people their age.

It is not the number at all. It's the mindset.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
It can be. But majority of the time its not. Most young girls my age are not going to pass up a hot guy our age, for an an older man, unless the benefits were better.

I hate the immaturity in guys my age as well, but when its all said and done, I want to grow old with my man. Not get one that's already old.
You just said it.. "benefits"

Not all benefits are monetary.

This is why people date older people sometimes. They just find themselves attracted to them, are more compatible with them (for whatever reason), and that's that.

You cannot find a universal reason for it. It does not exist.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:51 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,227,120 times
I think its cute that these women on here say oh yea I would relax such and such standards for this or that, its like me saying I would get on a UFO if it landed on my yard. Why would robert downy jr go after some woman on CD so that just maybe she could relax her standards for him lol.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:52 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
You just said it.. "benefits"

Not all benefits are monetary.

This is why people date older people sometimes. They just find themselves attracted to them, are more compatible with them (for whatever reason), and that's that.

You cannot find a universal reason for it. It does not exist.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:11 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
I would to know why many women think it's wierd, disgusting, gross to sleep with men 15 years and more older. They could be their father etc. Some women even think that way with a 10 year gap. But when it comes to celebrities, it doesn't matter anymore. Know many women who wouldn't kick Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr. or Ian Somerhalder out of the bed if they get the chance. The age gap is up to 30 years in those cases. So what's the difference. They are celebs but still way older. Does the status celebs have overcome all their moral values?
Like there are so many women sleeping with older celebrities and its so rare to see younger women with older men.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:27 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,208 times
Quote:
I would to know why many women think it's wierd, disgusting, gross to sleep with men 15 years and more older. They could be their father etc. Some women even think that way with a 10 year gap. But when it comes to celebrities, it doesn't matter anymore. Know many women who wouldn't kick Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr. or Ian Somerhalder out of the bed if they get the chance. The age gap is up to 30 years in those cases. So what's the difference. They are celebs but still way older. Does the status celebs have overcome all their moral values?
George Clooney and Sacy Keibler were also.a prime example. Double standars are everywhere, I couldn't handle a young woman like that she would end up killing me.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:22 PM

31,011 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I agree with you on all of the above

If I had two men the same one 25 same as me and one 35 I'd choose the 35 year old, I'm very attracted to older men, their life experience and their out look on life in general is very appealing to me
Dam, wish I was 35
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships