Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 08:38 PM

227 posts, read 420,668 times

Advertisements

Relationships generally work better if one of the spouses are dominate. I know in my most of my dating experiences if I dated someone who had similar personality characteristics , I tend to think they were too controlling for me. I think most relationships work well that way too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 08:47 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNP24 View Post
Relationships generally work better if one of the spouses are dominate. I know in my most of my dating experiences if I dated someone who had similar personality characteristics , I tend to think they were too controlling for me. I think most relationships work well that way too!
I agree. Some people are happier being led and some are happy leading. All successful teams have leaders and followers.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:33 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNP24 View Post
I agree too. I don't like being the dominant one. It makes me feel like a man.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:24 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,025 times
Please pants are for pansies real men wear kilts.j/k

Seriously though my will be my tag team partner we are the tag team champions of the world and just let our own strengths assist each other in the relationship. No leader at all more of a zin harmony kind of thing no need to worry about who is dominant or submissive unless its some kinky nonsense.

Just to throw this in I have noticed a lot when this comes up like if the guy is in charge and women follows no bats an eye but the opposite happens and everyone loses their mind.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:57 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Cars only have one steering wheel.

The man is "suppose" to be the "head of the house."

Sadly, women, children, pets etc. have taken over that position reeking havoc on the traditional family.
Is this a joke? (I'm going by your user name...)

I didn't really think anyone still thought this way outside of Leave It To Beaver and Father Knows Best reruns.

My wife and I are on equal footing. We make big decisions together, When we have a disagreement, we resolve it with love and reason, and use our 20 years of experience with each other to understand the other person's point of view and rationale.

I didn't marry to have a woman subservient to me. My wife is not on a lower rung of the ladder in our home.

My wife is not a second class citizen in our home.

If other people have relationships where the man "puts his foot down" or "what I say goes" or where the woman "rules the roost" that's fine. Whatever works for each couple.

I just didn't think the idea that "the man is head of house" was commonly held in this day and age.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:35 PM

628 posts, read 1,389,731 times
If I were to be in relationship, I don't think either of us would.~
Since I don't wear pants, in fact I hardly wear clothes at all!~ ^_^

Old 10-01-2013, 09:32 AM

513 posts, read 897,511 times
while I would love to say ours is perfectly 50/50, it is not. I am not a pushover, but I do understand the old saying "if mama ain't happy, no one is happy" and know when to give her her way without my having to dwell on it. when it is a big decision to be made, we talk it out and find mutual ground IF we even disagree on it at all. and yeah, some minor things I do stand my ground and she stews on it for a bit, but the thing is no matter which one of us "wins" we both know it is not worth fighting over and don't dwell on it.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:25 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
I agree. Some people are happier being led and some are happy leading. All successful teams have leaders and followers.
Yep, I agree. I am one of those people happy to be a follower. I am just happy and fulfilled in a "support role" and stressed out and miserable in a leadership role. I feel I am part of a team with a man I love and I like the man to be the team leader. And yeah, I suppose that makes me more traditional when it comes to gender roles.

I should point out though, there is a difference between a leader and a boss or bully. And because I support, doesn't mean I am "subservient." There is a difference.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:52 AM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT98 View Post
Well, when new vehicles come up and stuff like that it should be discussed. Where to put your 401k.....stuff like that.

It's only right and fair.

I'm referring to the things women don't or won't do, yet still wear the pants.

When I saw a guy at Sears begging to buy a tool.....that was enough for me.

Just get on your hands and knees and cry like a toddler why don't you.....you P****! lol
You are talking about women from an older generation. Most women today have no such problems with being informed and educated enough to make such decisions. I can't imagine deferring decisions about cars and 401ks to another. I'm not married, so it isn't an issue for me, but even if I was, such decisions would be made jointly.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:58 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
There are those who like to lead, and there are those who like to be led. And then there are those who share the lead and reach mutual decisions. Neither of us wears the pants in our relationship. We are a partnership of equals. We both talk things over and come up with a mutual conclusion. I tend to be dominant by nature, but after spending many years with my husband, the best decisions are those that are made jointly vs. acquiescence.

As for who is going to defend who if one is accosted on the street? We live in Texas, where both sexes carry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships