Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 01:41 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,748 times

Advertisements

Yip, I have two lovely friendships in which our main form of communication is email/texting and occasional phone calls. One has been almost 6 months and it's still fantastic and the other 3ish which is great also. I honestly would miss them like crazy if we stopped communicating and ended the friendships. Although we don't see each other or speak on the phone alot I still care for them and consider them close friends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 01:44 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Yip, I have two lovely friendships in which our main form of communication is email/texting and occasional phone calls. One has been almost 6 months and it's still fantastic and the other 3ish which is great also. I honestly would miss them like crazy if we stopped communicating and ended the friendships. Although we don't see each other or speak on the phone alot I still care for them and consider them close friends
So nice to hear!

Old 09-14-2013, 01:44 PM

52,273 posts, read 52,700,922 times
It's the same concept as Pen Pals, only the medium is different now.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It's the same concept as Pen Pals, only the medium is different now.
Yes, but for some reason i think of penpals was always something children do has a limited emotional depth.

I like hearing how ppl text every day with someone they have seen in months/years or never met. It's like a secret caring friend and advisor that is always there for you. Not the same with penpals i think.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:55 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
Yes, but for some reason i think of penpals was always something children do has a limited emotional depth.

I like hearing how ppl text every day with someone they have seen in months/years or never met. It's like a secret caring friend and advisor that is always there for you. Not the same with penpals i think.
This^^^^

Old 09-14-2013, 01:56 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
This^^^^
Careful guys, there are older people on this forum that are convinced us texters have no social skills.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:

LOL.... well, whatever floats your boat... pen pals have been around since people were writing with quills......and not just for children.

I'm sure those people never were caring or gave advice or acted in an "advisor" fashion......

Cause if it didn't happened before 92 it most surely doesn't exist, right???

Old 09-14-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Careful guys, there are older people on this forum that are convinced us texters have no social skills.
LOL, well....I've been part of the interview process for hiring, and I gotta say.... not impressed with a lot of what I've seen.

Not true across the board, of course.......

Old 09-14-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL.... well, whatever floats your boat... pen pals have been around since people were writing with quills......and not just for children.

I'm sure those people never were caring or gave advice or acted in an "advisor" fashion......

Cause if it didn't happened before 92 it most surely doesn't exist, right???
no, you are right of course. but you didn't get the instant feedback like you do today. email relationships i'm sure existed before texting but again it was delayed communications unless both were online at the same time.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
no, you are right or course. but you didn't the instant feedback like you do today. email relationships i'm sure existed before texting but again it was delayed communications unless both were online at the same time.
Fair enough...... The instant feedback part does add another element.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships