Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 10:06 AM

120 posts, read 193,817 times

Advertisements

lol This is the most pathetic thing ever. I'm reminiscing about how she used to get off work late and then text me to go on a midnight walk around campus. We'd talk about politics, religion, life in general. I sort of pretended she was my girlfriend and I'm sure that's what people thought when they saw us walking down the sidewalk. Funny how I didn't realize I was in the friend zone even though she had me doing ridiculous favors like staying up all night to do her homework, transporting drugs to her friends, lending her my laptop charger for days, etc. She has been going out with one of my college buddies for 3 yrs (she was just taking a break when she hung out with me that summer).

Oh, yea .... Another story. I kinda liked this one hot sorority girl. I took her on a trip to Canada (cost me $500) for a formal dance, but I was a drunken mess the entire time and she ended up just doing her homework and talking to other people. I took her as a date to another event and it was the same thing all over --- I got drunk and she was nice enough to tag along even after the event when I was getting blacked-out drunk in the movie room at my house. I still kinda think about her.

That's the extent of my college relationship life. How pathetic is all that?

Last edited by KnowerOfThings; 09-14-2013 at 10:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 10:11 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowerOfThings View Post
lol This is the most pathetic thing ever. I'm reminiscing about how she used to get off work late and then text me to go on a midnight walk around campus. We'd talk about politics, religion, life in general. I sort of pretended she was my girlfriend and I'm sure that's what people thought when they saw us walking down the sidewalk. Funny how I didn't realize I was in the friend zone even though she had me doing ridiculous favors like staying up all night to do her homework, transporting drugs to her friends, lending her my laptop charger for days, etc. She has been going out with one of my college buddies for 3 yrs (she was just taking a break when she hung out with me that summer).

How pathetic is all that?
She didn't "have" you do anything. You willingly did stuff. If anyone put you in a friendzone, it was you.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:20 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
She didn't "have" you do anything. You willingly did stuff. If anyone put you in a friendzone, it was you.
Lol. Seriously? A lot of younger women do this. They find a guy that wants them and they use him. Why oh why do you act like this guy wasn't getting used?

Old 09-14-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Lol. Seriously? A lot of younger women do this. They find a guy that wants them and they use him. Why oh why do you act like this guy wasn't getting used?
Most times you can't be taken advantage of without your consent. It sounds like he didn't ever tell her, "no, I'm busy." He followed her around like a puppy dog and did whatever she wanted. She may have used him, but he let her use him.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:23 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Why, oh why do you not realize that he volunteered to be used? At any point, he could have said no. The fact that he didn't is not her fault.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Most times you can't be taken advantage of without your consent. It sounds like he didn't ever tell her, "no, I'm busy." He followed her around like a puppy dog and did whatever she wanted. She may have used him, but he let her use him.
Yeah. Happens to a lot of guys. They meet a girl and really like them and genuinely want to please her. She wants nothing to do with him sexually, but is fine with the ego boosting attention and is fine with using him. Bet she never said, "hey, just so you know, this isn't going anywhere beyond friendship with us."

And your dogging him? Lol. Sad.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Why, oh why do you not realize that he volunteered to be used? At any point, he could have said no. The fact that he didn't is not her fault.
Haha. You guys are really defending a girl using a guy that she knew wanted him. Some guys are just weak like that and you blame him. Not the narcissistic chick? Awesome.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:27 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowerOfThings View Post
and the rest was history.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
and the rest was history.
No doubt this guy brought a lot of it on himself, but I find it concerning that all the posters here see nothing wrong with the girl leading him around and making him do her errands. That's being a ****ty person.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Haha. You guys are really defending a girl using a guy that she knew wanted him. Some guys are just weak like that and you blame him. Not the narcissistic chick? Awesome.
If I've learned anything from this forum, it's that men and women are often not on the same page. Young men will generally not associate with women they don't want to sleep with, but that's not necessarily true for women with men. They don't think like a horny teenage boy. I was a woman in college not too long ago, and it's not out of the realm of possibility that she thought he was a sweet guy and a good friend and didn't have any idea that he wanted her or was deliberately and maliciously toying with him.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 09-14-2013 at 10:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships