Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2013, 04:08 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
If he can try to get free sex OP should also try to get accomodation. Last time I checked a romp with a prostitute costs about $300 an hour. Why would someone get unlimited sex from a woman & not pay for a head over her roof. Sounds unfair to me. Any woman would be a fool to be used for sex and pay rent for being sexed.

Personally I would not even think of being with a man who asks me for rent. Some women sell themselves short.
I wouldn't mind if somebody ask me for rent, I would be more than happy to pay my share of the rent anyway without asking. I also would offer to pay for utility, grocery bills, etc, etc.

HOWEVER, if I am unemployed, and unable to pay, let's see if his attitude changes on me. If he still asks me to pay and gives me attitude when I cannot pay (temporarily) I'd dump him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 04:08 PM

3 posts, read 3,275 times
listen to me...don't ever feel like you're wrong because your not...you're unemployed. He should be trying to help you and not bring you down...if you were working, contributing to utilities and food would be ok but paying rent?? seriously?? you don't deserve that

Old 09-23-2013, 04:19 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by <3 Shae <3 View Post
listen to me...don't ever feel like you're wrong because your not...you're unemployed. He should be trying to help you and not bring you down...if you were working, contributing to utilities and food would be ok but paying rent?? seriously?? you don't deserve that
lmao

who are you even talking to?

Old 09-23-2013, 04:22 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Sex is not currency.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:25 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
If he were moving in with her in her home, I'm sure everyone would expect him to contribute to household expenses.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:26 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,128,682 times
Lets turn this around:

"I want to move in with and freeload off my girlfriend.
She doesn't want to let me.
Why is she being so mean! Who's with me!"

Now who's with THAT guy!

Going back to the original situation, the guy will be in the position to 'help her out' when she NEEDS it, but NOT be stuck in the situation where she moves in with him and freeloads off him forever.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:30 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
" I am not a girlfriend who just takes, for two whole years we went dutch and I still offer to pay and buy things with out being asked. Please also keep in mind I am recently unemployed, where is the helping hand here?"

I trust this girl. I am sure she will find a nice guy who is willing to give her the helping hands she needs.

She deserves better.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:33 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,611,888 times
Him asking for rent is his way of saying "If we decide to live together don't expect to be a kept woman."
Which is exactly what a lot of "strong independent women" expect as soon as they land a guy who makes good money.

415 posts, read 599,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am fully able to pay it back. 100%

Are you trying to ask me what I have done for my brothers? well, when my brother was in the hospital, I took care of him. (but my sister in law did majority of the work and I am not going to pretend I am the only one) I helped him babysitting my nephew.

Financially, they don't need anything from me. I offer my brothers absolutely unconditional love till the day I die. Is it enough?
That's nice.

With your parents, just because they didn't agree with your choice of major that doesn't mean they did not want you to be happy. Like you, my parents didn't like my major either. They thought the possibility of making good money from my major was slim. But they paid for it anyway. Like you, I had to take low-paying jobs to increase my income. I am now working for an alternative weekly newspaper. Not the greatest job, but it pays the bills. I have a friend who also had parents who didn't like the major he wanted. But he decided to listen to them. After his first year in college, he worked as a low-paid accountant (accounting was his major) for a large firm during the summer. The next summer, they liked him so much they increased his pay so high he didn't need to finish school. He already had a job. Within a year, he was able to pay back student loans and his parents. Now he works for that firm and his all-expense paid business trips take him to places like the Bahamas, the south of France, Greece, and Singapore and he's only 30. So his parents' advice was smart.

I was intrigued by your story because it is similar to my own story and the story of my friend. The point of the story is that sometimes we feel those who should love us unconditionally are mistreating us if they don't bend over backward to help us. That's not always the case. That woman's boyfriend is actually helping her out more than she believes by asking her only to pay rent.

1,304 posts, read 2,576,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
" I am not a girlfriend who just takes, for two whole years we went dutch and I still offer to pay and buy things with out being asked. Please also keep in mind I am recently unemployed, where is the helping hand here?"

I trust this girl. I am sure she will find a nice guy who is willing to give her the helping hands she needs.

She deserves better.
I doubt she went dutch 100%. She probably went dutch a few times and bought him a few presents and thinks that the relationship is 50-50. Chances are if she actually went dutch she wouldn't be complaining about having to pay the same rent to live with her BF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships