Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2013, 08:47 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Lol. So now not only is he paying her way like its the 50's, but he has to come home and do all the chores too. Yep. This is what I see all too common. Women want the breadwinner man taking care of her and paying her way, but then they want the housework split up down the middle too. Sounds like a losing, leeching situation for the man here. If you can call a guy a man who would pay his woman's way and still come home and do the dishes.

I just don't see it that way. I see woman holding their own in the workplace today. There are even more woman in college than Men. Why should the household chores be theirs too? It's both of their responsibilities. For myself personally, I am a bit of a neat freak. So, it's easy for me to clean. I don't need asking. If there are dishes in the sink-I do them. I have a keen eye for things out of place. Either that or I'm just anal. Don't answer that! In the end, I just don't see those tasks/ chores as gender specific.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Seconded!

You two are both very sweet, and your making me blush! So, please cut it out, It's too awkward getting compliments on the relationship board! Isn't this where they tear you down. Oh no, that's the "political part"

Old 09-24-2013, 08:52 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I just don't see it that way. I see woman holding their own in the workplace today. There are even more woman in college than Men. Why should the household chores be theirs too? It's both of their responsibilities. For myself personally, I am a bit of a neat freak. So, it's easy for me to clean. I don't need asking. If there are dishes in the sink-I do them. I don't see those tasks/ chores as gender specific.
I agree. I'd rather have a partner that works and we work together to keep home. BUT if I'm paying her way and putting a roof over her head that should be reciprocated by something, and that's usually taking care of the home. And don't even try to say sex. Women don't get to have their cake and eat it too.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:54 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
You two are both very sweet, and your making me blush! So, please cut it out, It's too awkward getting compliments on the relationship board! Isn't this where they tear you down. Oh no, that's the "political part"
I can't help it!
(never been to the political forum, but, yeah, it can get mean in here)

Old 09-24-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
I agree. I'd rather have a partner that works and we work together to keep home. BUT if I'm paying her way and putting a roof over her head that should be reciprocated by something, and that's usually taking care of the home. And don't even try to say sex. Women don't get to have their cake and eat it too.

Any woman that I would be with would probably do some chores without having to ask them, if I was paying all the bills. That would probably be a given. I don't think anyone should get their cake and eat it too.

These are all "hypotheticals" at this point. It didn't work between them, so nobody knows if she would have cleaned, etc if he took care of all the bills. I am pretty sure that she would have. Maybe I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt. I don't think the op' is looking to take advantage of anybody. I just don't see it.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:56 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,157,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
You make it sound alot worse when u use the term "charge you rent". Basically all he's saying is, if you're going to live with me then you must contribute towards the household expenses.
If something sounds too bad to say it out loud ( charge rent) maybe it is because its bad? Dont call it an affair, call it being friendly with others. Dont call it lying, call it a poor choice of words. It is what it is...charging rent

Old 09-24-2013, 08:58 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,080 times
Quote:
Any woman that I would be with would probably do some chores without having to ask them, if I was paying all the bills. That would probably be a given. I don't think anyone should get their cake and eat it too.

These are all "hypotheticals" at this point. It didn't work between them, so nobody knows if she would have cleaned, etc if he took care of all the bills. I am pretty sure that she would have. Maybe I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt. I don't think the op' is looking to take advantage of anybody. I just don't see it.
I have a strong feeling you defend the woman in 90% of these threads.

All I'm saying is if a woman wants to be paid for, fine. Then I expect she take on the traditional woman role in the relationship. If she wants to be a contributing partner in a monetary sense and we tackle everything together chores wise equally that's fine too. She doesn't get both

Old 09-24-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I have a strong feeling you defend the woman in 90% of these threads.

All I'm saying is if a woman wants to be paid for, fine. Then I expect she take on the traditional woman role in the relationship. If she wants to be a contributing partner in a monetary sense and we tackle everything together chores wise equally that's fine too. She doesn't get both
I voice what I think is fair. Man or women. You can think I'm a "mangina" or anything else all you want. I say what I believe. If I think that the woman is wrong-I say it. If I think that the man is wrong-I say it. I'm actually pretty fair and neutral, but thanks for the backhanded compliment.

I smell some "bitterness" in the air. I'm just not that bitter where I can't see things for being "exactly" what they are. I love woman and think that they are great. I'm sorry that I am just not that bitter, to where I always see things as one side or the other. I'm not on the guys side or the girls side. I think for myself and decide "what I think" is right or wrong. Never claimed to be some authority on what is right or wrong. I am often wrong on a lot of issues. However, any one who knows me, knows that I am fair/ impartial.

See this is what really irritates me about city-data. If you side with the woman on any given topic, you are a mangina/ white knight (guarantee none of these guys are going to say that to my face). So it's a manipulation on the mans part when they claim such bull sh t. It's like saying, if you don't agree with us, then you are a "white knight/ Mangina". It's a joke. Many guys who hate on the woman all day long are just bitter losers who have probably never been with a women in their life. "Yeah, I said it!"

Question) Did you really think that you could use that whole "mangina/ whitenucklehaedKnight" bull sh t on me in order to discredit what I have to say and or that I would have changed my mind on what I believe to suit you???? Really?????

Last edited by supermanpansy; 09-24-2013 at 09:14 AM..

Old 09-24-2013, 09:17 AM

415 posts, read 599,904 times
This thread only seeks to emphasize the differences in the viewpoints from men and women. At least JustJulia seems to get it. So there's still hope for humans with vaginas. But man, some of you other chicks are way off your rocker. If she doesn't want to move in with him, fine. But asking him "Where's the love?" and saying he's cheap because he wants a measly 300 bucks a month? The male viewpoint is this: women expect equality and to be treated as adults; so why not let her keep her dignity as an adult by asking her for a small contribution?

Bad idea from her point of view. But she also has a lot of other red flags against her:

1. She decides not to talk to him about it and withholds her feelings.
2. She tells complete strangers about their relationship and her feelings. She's so uncommunicative to him he has to go on the website to find out her feelings.
3. She omits important details like how much he's asking and the fact that he helped her with the down payment.
4. Even after she found a job (with the car he helped her to buy) she was still on the internet complaining about him for weeks. And he still didn't know anything about her feelings.
5. She omits the fact that she refused to talk to him about it. Perhaps if she had talked to him he would have felt guilty enough to change his mind and offer the place for free.

Every time I contemplate marriage, something always scares me out of my thoughts. Many times it is an internet post involving a woman who is being completely unreasonable. More and more I realize if I get married, I have to go through EVERY aspect of her behavior with a fine-toothed comb.

Women wonder why men are afraid of marriage more than anything else in the world. It's because many of you have personalities that completely turn us off to the idea.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:22 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
she was never on board with the idea if you read both there timelines and work them out.
she only lost her job near the end of the whole situation. which is where she and he could no longer avoid talking about the money and it turned sour for her.

the fact she danced around the actual happenings of the matter to better serve her side says a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships