Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 12:39 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,597,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
it is so ironic to see women advocate women studies to men for relationship improvement yet these same women protest vehemently when some men recommend taking a PUA course instead.

yeah i know, PUA is all about misogyny, not the same or as palatable as feminism studies. plus PUA has no redeeming qualities whatsoever that descent men would associate themselves with.

but you gotta love the comparison.
Learning about what women respond to and what turns them on doesn't automatically make you a jerk or a mysogyist. Being a jerk makes you a jerk.

And of course feminists don't like PUA or red-pill manosphere stuff. It actively seeks to level the playing field and take power away from women and make men harder to control. Japan didn't like it when we dropped the nukes either, but what were they gonna do? Nothin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 05:03 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,379,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Feminist Studies are no more "women studies" than a degree in Theology is "bible studies".

The very fact that you posted that sentence just illustrates the enormous hurdles womens rights have failed to address, even after 150 years of sufferage.

Young men still want advice on their "game" with the "chicks".

I despair.

Like it or not, Feminism affects all of us. Females are over half of the worlds population, after all. You all have a mother (allegedly) who is affected directly by these issues, too. Some of you will even father daughters (scary thought) if you ever get over being frightened of vagina, that is.

There is also that little thing called a Phobia - you know, facing your fears etc. Some guys are afraid of women, plain and simple. Learning a bit more about what you're afraid of is good therapy...fear of the unknown is far worse than fear of the known.

At the very least you'll meet a lot of intelligent college age females who are interested in Human Rights, and you'll also be able to hold an intelligent conversation about a subject with which you are barely on nodding terms at the moment.

Sounds like a win/win to me.

You may get your point accross better by giving examples as opposed to just belittling the poster..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-30-2013, 09:16 AM

330 posts, read 545,423 times
I had to google PUA (pick up artist) lol.
Do men pay to learn this?.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:28 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,357,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteslikepurple View Post
Lol, yeah.

I know....what a waste of time and money.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:30 AM

330 posts, read 545,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lol, yeah.

I know....what a waste of time and money.
Besides that, it would just make me think that the guy is just not that into me.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:36 AM

52,306 posts, read 52,748,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteslikepurple View Post
LOL, yeah some "men" pay to learn that garbarge.....

Old 09-30-2013, 09:38 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,548,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Learning about what women respond to and what turns them on doesn't automatically make you a jerk or a mysogyist. Being a jerk makes you a jerk.
for as much as you may try, youre not going to change the opinion of many CDR posters here that solid PUA isnt misogynistic or not about demeaning women. its like they think PUA is all about being a jerk woman hater and. thats whats gonna get you laid. go figure. ooh, then its about "manipulating" (voodoo and hypnosis) women only to have sex with them. last i heard woman love sex as much as men and were intelligent enough to recognize a liar, sleaze, dirt bag, creep, or whatever. but definitely goes against the "just be yourself" and a nice guy dogma they preach to clueless guys that doesnt work. PUA is about a guy becoming more confident, interesting, and entertaining to women, i dont know any other successful way to get women to happily take their panties off for you because they "want you"

Last edited by nokiddin; 09-30-2013 at 09:49 AM..

Old 09-30-2013, 12:43 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,643,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
for as much as you may try, youre not going to change the opinion of many CDR posters here that solid PUA isnt misogynistic or not about demeaning women. its like they think PUA is all about being a jerk woman hater and. thats whats gonna get you laid. go figure. ooh, then its about "manipulating" (voodoo and hypnosis) women only to have sex with them. last i heard woman love sex as much as men and were intelligent enough to recognize a liar, sleaze, dirt bag, creep, or whatever. but definitely goes against the "just be yourself" and a nice guy dogma they preach to clueless guys that doesnt work. PUA is about a guy becoming more confident, interesting, and entertaining to women, i dont know any other successful way to get women to happily take their panties off for you because they "want you"
I've asked for examples of 'decent' PUA...and have yet to receive one. I've asked for it on this very thread and didn't receive a response.

I'd love to read about PUAs that don't suggest or teach about manipulating women, so if you know of any please send them my way.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:33 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,548,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've asked for examples of 'decent' PUA...and have yet to receive one. I've asked for it on this very thread and didn't receive a response.

I'd love to read about PUAs that don't suggest or teach about manipulating women, so if you know of any please send them my way.
honestly, there are many examples and when i took those courses those PUA instructors said they often gave private training to actors, comedians and others in the entertainment industry. (tony robbins does private training too, his stuff is model PUA programming). so it shouldnt really be a surprise why many of these training camps come from guys who live and work out of los angeles. and if you go out to the clubs, bars and other hollywood social events, you see these "PUA" guys everwhere. as someone who has taken those courses, you can observe and identify those PUA behavioral patterns in others. like my moniker, hank moody in californication. go youtube and check out videos about pick up and hank moody. here is another link for info:

7 Things I Learned From Hank Moody On How To Pick Up Chicks

now, do you think it is just coincidence that these writers create attraction traits and qualities in this fictional character or do you think the must know something about it? or how about the movie "hitched" with will smith and eva mendes? or how about these list of movies (also fair to say these lead actors have been exposed to PUA):

Top 10 Best PUA Movies Of All Time

the fact of the matter is that guys who are good PUAs don't go around advertising it. i certainly dont. thats foolish. also there is a big learning curve in PUA, from doing basic routines and steps (newbies) to fully integrating (3-5yrs) into your personality where it isn't some tool or skill any longer, it's YOU and it's second nature. it's a mindset, attitude, and approach to women. and it's customize to your needs and personality. no two PUAs are alike. and it varies in spectrum from wallstreet cool to dane cook/david spade types to enrique iglesias/russel brand types.

for me, solid PUA is about a personality, mindset and appearance overhaul, not the fake confidence routines you learn as a newbie (fake it till you make it). but what you have is a lot of wanna bees giving these tips and routines a try from free stuff they read online and they crash and burn often, along with offending women. the process is a marathon, not a sprint, like preparing for the olympics. dedication, commitment, adjustment and repeat. you tailor your approach to your audience, and you're never a clown, aszh*le, or do other stupid stuff that doesnt build your chemistry, time and attention, and connection with women.

a solid PUA has to learn to became the prize women want to be with because you are DIFFERENT, and they've never met anyone like you. You know how to get, keep, and maintain their attention and always make them feel good and excited about spending time with you. when they get your call and text, they respond promptly. they are always asking YOU what you are doing this weekend, and not vice versa. they know you have options and do great stuff, so they want to hang out with you because you are NOT BORING or a jerk. ask any attractive woman about their ideal guy and you will often get "they have to make me laugh and be confident". In other words, guys who can confidently connect with them emotionally and give them good times. like a human viberator

p.s.: one more favorite PUA movie, Girls of Girlfriends Past:

i know i'll get some criticism from this clip, but point is PUA theory is more common than you think.

Last edited by nokiddin; 09-30-2013 at 01:55 PM..

Old 09-30-2013, 01:42 PM

809 posts, read 1,274,210 times
When I went to engineering school ten years ago, I concentrated on getting educated so I can become a Duchamp Dude one day and have a smoking hot girlfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships