Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 01:51 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,584 times

Advertisements

half the number of male posters on cdr

cuz it seems like half the poor bastids around here have been rejected by every woman on earth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 02:30 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This is probably a bad analogy, but I spent the morning watching Big Bang Theory reruns while I cleaned: A lot of men, especially young men, only notice the Pennys of the world. They don't really care about what the Amys experience.
Eh, no, in Black-America you'd have to be pretty bad off not to be attracting men on a damn near daily basis to you. Okay, you could be decent looking but rarely go out and only move from point Y to Z through use of a personal automobile and thus rarely get approached by men. In Black-America at least. But other than that you'd have to have significant deformities and or be physically wrecked by some disease or substance addiction to not draw the rather conservative numbers I gave. I mean... 10,000 to 11,000 men to be rejecting over 18 years is rather a low figure. It's an anorexic figure. Even for an Amy.

Especially considering if an Amy were to go out every Friday night to a club she's getting hit on by 10 or 20 dudes in an evening.

Milwaukee is no big city. It's tiny with 600,000 people.

I see this stuff with my own eyes and hear it with my own ears.

No more tears. Like to old song by Scarface says.

R-Rated Song for Profanity:

Scarface-No Tears - YouTube

Old 09-28-2013, 02:40 PM

709 posts, read 1,130,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Except there are millions of women who don't live in huge cities, who don't take public transportation, who don't go to clubs regularly, who aren't extroverted, who don't work in customer service or in large businesses. In that case it's entirely possible that these women go about their daily lives and aren't being approached by anything like 2 or 3 guys a day, (or even 2 or 3 guys a week,) like some guys are trying to say. Maybe guys are looking at them or thinking about them, but it doesn't manifest in anything that would force her to make a decision about anything.
So its an issue of exposure? You can then assume that if most women are exposed to large numbers of men.. they will reject the majority of them.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:42 PM

45,407 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Most men aren't concerned with how many men a women rejected but how many she "let in the door".

Old 09-28-2013, 02:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
Eh, no, in Black-America you'd have to be pretty bad off not to be attracting men on a damn near daily basis to you. Okay, you could be decent looking but rarely go out and only move from point Y to Z through use of a personal automobile and thus rarely get approached by men. In Black-America at least. But other than that you'd have to have significant deformities and or be physically wrecked by some disease or substance addiction to not draw the rather conservative numbers I gave. I mean... 10,000 to 11,000 men to be rejecting over 18 years is rather a low figure. It's an anorexic figure. Even for an Amy.

Especially considering if an Amy were to go out every Friday night to a club she's getting hit on by 10 or 20 dudes in an evening.

Milwaukee is no big city. It's tiny with 600,000 people.

I see this stuff with my own eyes and hear it with my own ears.

No more tears. Like to old song by Scarface says.

R-Rated Song for Profanity:

Scarface-No Tears - YouTube
Maybe it's different in the black-American community then... because I went out last night to three different bars with 2 of my roommates and didn't get approached once. And I live in Boston....hardly a small town.

Old 09-28-2013, 03:55 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
It's hard to say. I will say that most men get rejected more times between the ages of 16-22 then the average woman gets rejected her entire life

Old 09-28-2013, 04:09 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I was just curious about this and thought it'd be an interesting perspective on how often men THINK women get approached or have clear interest expressed to them.

I would like to hear answers from GUYS. What's your guess? I know there's variation. Just ballpark it.
I've never thought really about it.

[i'm not going to start]

Old 09-28-2013, 04:12 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Actually it makes more sense to me that a married woman would hang out here. Home life sometimes lends itself to this site. I'm a married man. If I were single I would never be on this site. I'd be out and about. But I am married so I am home. My wife is making dinner and my kids are watching Epic. And I am here on CD.
I'm here for pointers!

[taking notes]

Old 09-28-2013, 04:17 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Most men aren't concerned with how many men a women rejected but how many she "let in the door".
And herein lies the real problem as exemplified by some old man who has 1959 in his forum name: so many men are angry with women for rejecting them but also angry with them for letting others in the door. We can't sleep with them all and we don't reject them all. If a young woman is beautiful and popular, she's going to have to make some choices, even if she's promiscuous. To be angry with her for having choices is like being angry with the fact that there are flies in the world or that the sun is shining. If she makes the choice to not reject very many men then some of the men who come after them are going to be offended by that and that often has a lot to do with how many choices hey had. If men weren't hitting up on women though, they wouldn't have any choices so the obvious solution is to stop hitting up on us. There. Problem solved.

Old 09-28-2013, 04:25 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
And herein lies the real problem as exemplified by some old man who has 1959 in his forum name: so many men are angry with women for rejecting them but also angry with them for letting others in the door. We can't sleep with them all and we don't reject them all. If a young woman is beautiful and popular, she's going to have to make some choices, even if she's promiscuous. To be angry with her for having choices is like being angry with the fact that there are flies in the world or that the sun is shining. If she makes the choice to not reject very many men then some of the men who come after them are going to be offended by that and that often has a lot to do with how many choices hey had. If men weren't hitting up on women though, they wouldn't have any choices so the obvious solution is to stop hitting up on us. There. Problem solved.
I don't think I've ever been angry that women have rejected me, it's more of how and what they said that has me completely dismissing the whole idea of approaching another woman again.

I don't know what it's like to think about rejection all day, or even on a daily basis. Honestly I can't remember the last time I ever thought about rejection, probably the last time a woman told me to kill myself again, which was some time ago.

Also, I've never thought about a woman's sexual past, or how many partners she's had, or how often she's turned men down. It's never been anything I've ever cared to think about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships