Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In what decade do you believe most women hit their libido high point?
teen 3 4.69%
20's 11 17.19%
30's 23 35.94%
40's 22 34.38%
50's 4 6.25%
60's 0 0%
70+ 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 03:58 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTRK View Post
It's not their "libido".

It's their "sensitivity".

Starts late 20's early 30's and continues on into 50's.

As the child bearing age closes in, blood vessels and nerve endings increase or become more sensitive 'down there'.

What used to take hours to get done can be accomplished in only minutes sometimes.

"OH" "OH"....."OH MY GOD"!!!!!!!

Know what I mean?

Just found this crap out a few years ago when my age group "middle age" started "coming around".....lol
I have a younger brother in medical field, I have cousins who are surgeons as well. I'm very bothered to google it, but nervous system forms before physical birth and number of nervous endings cannot be renewed once they're gone - they decrease with age.

Besides, you fitness/health is the primary factor determining of your blood circulation and such things, and we all know it generally decreases with age as well - "numbing" your sensitivity. If it took you hours and now it takes minutes to be done - it's either your woman is lying or you improved over the years greatly, or you two simply figured out the easiest (cookie cutter) way to work things for your specific case over the years that you spent together.

Another things to think about - as the woman's reproductive system shuts down, it not only means end of reproductive capabilities but hormonal and other changes in the body. Body not only stops undergoing menstruation cycles, it also stops producing its natural lubricant and there are other side-effects as well.

Bottom line is - men and women reach their peak or sexual power at the end of puberty, which often means being officially minors. Bad thing for a man is that nature designed him to do the job quickly as a sign of "system working right", so he'll take years to learn how to overcome it (and age helps in there as well).
Bad thing for a woman is that she'll be very insecure in those years and will take years to overcome it. Only drawback is the time frame for having (healthy) children and conceiving, especially due to fact that older woman needs to carry out the pregnancy.

Both men and women thus become better with their sexuality over the years but it doesn't mean that your theory is right. If we'd remove social conditioning you'd see that both men AND women in their post-puberty age are the most willing when it comes to sex.

Also, I've died laughing at this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
You're clueless! Why would a woman want to f*ck the husband that takes her for granted, has put on forty pounds, goes out late drinking with his buddies, and leaves her with the responsibility of being the main parent of their children, all the while keeping a clean house and most likely working a full time job of her own (as if what she was doing with the kids and around the house wasn't enough).
Your explanation is just a depiction of a woman who's been with the impression that she's missing out and wants to "upgrade" her husband. You also wrapped it up into a situation where she's taking all obligations while the husband parties around to prove your point but your logic is terriblly wrong and depicts exactly what I said - wife seeking for a means to substitute her spouse and using sex to get there.
Ask yourself - why would you want to have sex with a wife that takes you for granted, has put on forty pounds, goes out late drinking with her friends, and leaves you with the responsibility of being the main parent of their children, all time while keeping a clean house and most likely working a full time job on your own. I'll tell you an answer - because you want to have sex. And if you think she's doing too little work, you'll deal with it via other means.
Explanation that you have high libido with other people is not a valid explanation either - novelty brings excitement anyways so if you bring in the variety the interest in sex increases naturally, but add there the logic that grass is greener on the other side as some forum members say. I'm sure there are tons of men and women in their 60s that would like to have sex with variety of people but it's either social conditioning or lack of interest from the other side to make it happen.

P.S. keep with the modern scientists and researchers who seem to be preoccupied with personal agendas and proving their point, so their research has the same worth as last year's snow. You are free to believe in it just like in a homosexual gene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
So you are saying a man would still be sexually interested in his wife if she put on a lot of weight, never spent time with him and ignored him, and he had to work two full time jobs? Or do you think he would be disgusted by her and just plain tired?
As long as she'd seem to be sexually aroused and willing to have sex, she can ignore him the whole day and party with her girl-friends. I thought you and a few posters said it in some other thread that some extra weight isn't a deal-breaker for you. If you truly believe that a guy reasons much different than you then you're foolish. I think you never saw how does an average street/motorway prostitute looks like.

This doesn't mean that guys don't have standards, there are standards of beauty, it just means that those standards are omitted just like you omit it in your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
1. Yes, they're having it with someone else. 2. Also, you don't need someone else to get off.
Not having sex with someone else is rather about a plan to substitute them, having someone else to have sex with and refusing to have sex with your spouse is just a confirmation of that.
Second clause is the very common fact that is forgotten. It's just that the logic says that sex is much better than masturbation itself.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:22 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
i dont think there is a ..peak.... maybe more of an interest, or heightened state,,,due to several factors, how comfortable she is with herself, her partner, and thru maturity, less hang ups about sex.. etc

Old 10-02-2013, 06:10 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
It's just that the logic says that sex is much better than masturbation itself.

That logic is flawed. Lots of times masturbation is preferable and better than sex itself. If your options for people to have sex with is limited.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:20 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
As long as she'd seem to be sexually aroused and willing to have sex, she can ignore him the whole day and party with her girl-friends. I thought you and a few posters said it in some other thread that some extra weight isn't a deal-breaker for you. If you truly believe that a guy reasons much different than you then you're foolish. I think you never saw how does an average street/motorway prostitute looks like.

This doesn't mean that guys don't have standards, there are standards of beauty, it just means that those standards are omitted just like you omit it in your case.
I am just pointing out that job stress, relationship issues, exhaustion... it effects women's and men's sexual desire... that's my point. the person I quoted said women's libedo fades as they age, my argument is it doesn't, but those other factors come in to play.

Quote:

...Sexual desire also encompasses interpersonal and psychological factors that create a willingness to be sexual.

"Above and beyond horniness, it is the sense of intimacy in the relationship," says Kingsberg. "If you are mad at your spouse, you could be horny but you're not going want to be sexual with that particular person."

Why do Women Lose their Sexual Desire?

You are saying that stuff doesn't matter to men at all, that a 40-year-old man can work a 16 hour day and come home to a wife who treats them horribly and doesn't take care of basic hygiene... but it doesn't matter if she's ready to go. I don't buy it. Just look at two lists from similar articles from the same course, ranked up near the top, relatinoship issues. If your spouse treats you like crap and doesn't care about you, you lose interest in having sex with them whether you are male of female.

Quote:

Common causes for a loss of sexual desire and drive in women include:
  • Interpersonal relationship issues. Partner performance problems, lack of emotional satisfaction with the relationship, the birth of a child, and becoming a caregiver for a loved one can decrease sexual desire.
  • Sociocultural influences. Job stress, peer pressure, and media images of sexuality can negatively influence sexual desire.
  • Low testosterone. Testosterone affects sexual drive in both men and women. Testosterone levels peak in women's mid-20s and then steadily decline until menopause, when they drop dramatically.
  • Medical problems: Mental illnesses such as depression, or medical conditions, such as endometriosis, fibroids, and thyroid disorders, impact a woman's sexual drive both mentally and physically.
  • Medications: Certain antidepressants (including the new generation of SSRIs), blood pressure lowering drugs, and oral contraceptives can lower sexual drive in many ways, such as decreasing available testosterone levels or affecting blood flow.
  • Age. Blood levels of androgens fall continuously in women as they age.
Compare to a list about men from the same source:

Quote:

Psychological issues. Stress and anxiety from the strain of daily life, relationship or family problems, depression, and mental disorders are among the many factors that can affect sexual desire.

Medical problems. Diseases such as diabetes; conditions such as obesity, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol; and HIV drugs, some hair-loss remedies, and other medications can negatively affect sexual desire.

Hormonal causes. "Testosterone is the hormone of desire, arguably for women as well as for men,” Goldstein says. Low testosterone levels usually mean low sexual desire. Levels dip as men age; other causes include chronic disease, medications, and other drug use. Other hormones can play a role, too, such as low levels of thyroid hormone or, rarely, high levels of prolactin, a hormone produced in a gland at the base of the brain.

Low dopamine levels. Sexual desire obviously involves the brain -- and the brain's chemical messaging system is intimately linked to sexual desire. One of those messengers is dopamine. Doctors have noted that Parkinson's disease patients treated with dopamine-stimulating drugs had increased sexual desire. Goldstein says these drugs help some men with HSDD.

http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationshi...ive-is-too-low

Old 10-02-2013, 07:23 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That logic is flawed. Lots of times masturbation is preferable and better than sex itself. If your options for people to have sex with is limited.
Well, that and if you are a woman with a partner who doesn't care if you reach orgasm--which does happen.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:32 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Well, that and if you are a woman with a partner who doesn't care if you reach orgasm--which does happen.

Oh believe me, it happens the other way around (women not caring if their men orgasm), too. All too often.

Of course, orgasms aren't the end game for everyone all the time.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:06 AM

706 posts, read 1,205,525 times
For me it's much higher in my 30s compared to my 20s. Hopefully it keeps going up!!

Old 10-02-2013, 08:30 AM

@jillabean: Don't get me wrong, it's quite simple. For both men AND women, sexual desire/libido peaks at early age and it's also rather connected to their physical health. Mental health may play the role as well. You didn't disprove anything but confirmed my point about it.

Quote:
You are saying that stuff doesn't matter to men at all, that a 40-year-old man can work a 16 hour day and come home to a wife who treats them horribly and doesn't take care of basic hygiene... but it doesn't matter if she's ready to go. I don't buy it.
I'll always says it - if a woman acts as if she's aroused to have sex - the most likely response would be to have sex and disregard all that. Had this been untrue, trashy prostitutes would never have a single client. EVER. A wife can have 250 lbs and be plain annoying demanding to do this and that - but if she's willing to have sex and sending clear signals that she's aroused and in need of a sex, most common response would be SEX. In fact, people are often having sex with someone they can't stand in their life, EVER, and they find it best sex because they don't care about them. I've heard this from people in my previous company that their best sex was when they never cared about the woman or if they didn't like her at all because they didn't have to worry about any of her expectations and everyone was enjoying sex.
Sex isn't about fairy tales for lots of folks, after all, if it was then you wouldn't have people who are hooked up on having sex with prostitutes and spending last dollar on their pleasure instead of spending them on the kids at their home.

To answer about the whole myth:
Testosterone level itself is NOT the indication of your sexual desire (causation), but there's a correlation in many people. Testosterone level rather depends on physical fitness which generally decreases with age. Iut also depends on physical activity: the way you live, the way you act, body weight - it all affects it. And it ultimately also alters the relative amount of presence of testosterone. Another important factor is the gender as well as its "penetration" - or so-called "body consumption". Your body may produce a bigger excess than the other people do. The whole "testosterone level and sexual drive" story stems from the fact that it's declared as "men's hormone" and the stereotype goes that men have sexual drive and women generally don't, or don't have that strong sexual drive.

The whole myth of women having increased sexual desire during their late 30s and early 40s is based on estrogen level surge which the scientists discovered that women generally undergo during that period. That effect is rather connected with preparations for "reproductive shutdown". But since the researchers, sexologists and various "experts" penetrated into science and obtained their diplomas by copying other people's work or something, they seem eager to obtain their status by joining "Kardashians and their boyfriends" style of science while being funded by someone else's money for their stupidities. Add there the stereotype of a biological clock that completely maddens the woman in attempt to produce babies and she's supposedly on her sexual peak, aggressively seeking to have as much sex before the time runs out.

Media accepted and held onto this myth and it got many, many perks. It originally stemmed from preceived "fact" that estrogen is "female hormone" and testosterone is "male hormone" and then they used logic known only to themselves to prove that estrogen surge results with increased sexual desire for women. The myth persists even though hormonal pills, coils and other contraceptives for women are based on increasing body levels of estrogen. In fact, older versions of contraceptives had so huge levels of increase that many women gave a feedback how it completely destroyed their desire for sex. So much about estrogen surge and sex-crazed women due to estrogen surge. Even today, birth control pills are connected with lowered sexual desire, even though estrogen increase is "just barely enough" and modern pills have an effect that wears off quickly after 24 hours so it's the timing is important to keep the desired estrogen levels just barely above theoretically "required" level.

Sex gets better because older people expects LESS from it than your horny teenager would, because they're comfortable with each other and they generally know how to get off in a cookie-cutter way. If sex gets better with age, you'd have far more people in their 60s and later chasing other partners on the side than you'd have them in their early ages. Let's not fool around, sexual variety is the key for maximum sexual pleasure, always has been and always will be.

Last edited by nald; 10-02-2013 at 08:51 AM..

Old 10-02-2013, 09:30 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
People have been trying to suppress women's sexuality for centuries, nothing new, just one more way of highlighting it. The peak. Sigh. Seems it's a terrifying thing to behold.

[
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships