Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 03:36 PM

52,222 posts, read 52,648,334 times

Advertisements

I say men care about looks much more than women.

44 yrs of observations......

Old 10-10-2013, 03:46 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,691,178 times
In general, men care about women's looks more than the other way around. Individuals vary, of course, but if things were reversed we'd see a multi-billion beauty industry for men, not women.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:50 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,287,482 times
women care about looks every bit as much as men , its just society has taught them that its not classy to admit as such , their was a time women were not even supposed to admit they enjoyed sex

if women didn't care about looks , the good looking guys in high school wouldn't have any higher success with girls than the nerdy academic types

Old 10-10-2013, 04:02 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,143,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
women care about looks every bit as much as men , its just society has taught them that its not classy to admit as such , their was a time women were not even supposed to admit they enjoyed sex

if women didn't care about looks , the good looking guys in high school wouldn't have any higher success with girls than the nerdy academic types
That's only when they're young, when women are old/ washed up and desperate then they want the nice guy.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:

I don't how many times in my life I've seen really attractive women with dumpy dudes.

I don't really recall seeing top notch guys with fat dump women... I know it happens, just never hardly see it.

Don't even get me started on the fat dumpy guys with money.....

Old 10-10-2013, 04:08 PM

924 posts, read 1,643,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't how many times in my life I've seen really attractive women with dumpy dudes.
I rarely ever see it, another myth that's been propagated over and over again. maybe cause I'm in college and girls haven't found the rich providers yet, but most couples are looks matched to me and there seems to be a large emphasis on physical attraction

Old 10-10-2013, 04:09 PM

134 posts, read 214,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
In general, men care about women's looks more than the other way around. Individuals vary, of course, but if things were reversed we'd see a multi-billion beauty industry for men, not women.
It's not socially acceptable for men to "beautify" themselves. But guys put a lot more money and time into their looks than you might imagine. The only guys who don't put time and money into their looks are guys who are great looking (and know it) or so ugly that they don't see a point in trying (same as ugly women who let themselves become slobs). Most guys spend time in the gym, money on haircuts, money on teeth whitening, their entire life savings on hair transplants and hair loss medication, time in the sauna to try and clear out their pores, etc. Guys are just more discreet about their beautification. If you're ever at guy's house and you're using his bathroom, go through his drawers and you'll probably see tweezers, teeth whitening kits, topical acne medication, etc.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
I rarely ever see it, another myth that's been propagated over and over again. maybe cause I'm in college and girls haven't found the rich providers yet, but most couples are looks matched to me and there seems to be a large emphasis on physical attraction
Get back to me in 20 yrs when you're in your 40's and have seen more things in life.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:12 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,955 times
Quote:

When I was in high school, many moons ago... the popular students (both men and women) were thought to be "good looking." Saw some of those guys 10 years later at a reunion and time was not very kind to them, lol. I think the illusion of status made the popular ones look better to the rest of us when in reality, they were mostly as average as most people.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:13 PM

924 posts, read 1,643,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Get back to me in 20 yrs when you're in your 40's and have seen more things in life.
Or maybe you don't understand because a lot has changed in 20 years and you are no longer in touch with 20's culture. Ever thought about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships