Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2013, 01:54 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,567,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
He's gone. He went into liver failure last night. We brought him home to spend one last nigh hogging our bed, and we let him go this morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
He was in my arms as he drew his last breath. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.
I'm so sorry for you guys.
Having done that (2X) it is the worse f*****g thing in the world to have to go through.
(Just as I finish typing this the 3 stooges come in the room and one flops down and starts licking his butt)

Old 12-26-2013, 01:57 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I'm so sorry for you guys.
Having done that (2X) it is the worse f*****g thing in the world to have to go through.
(Just as I finish typing this the 3 stooges come in the room and one flops down and starts licking his butt)
The 3 stooges huh?

I can call my dog anything, as long as I say it in that baby-talk cutsie-wootsie voice he thinks it's all good.

Hey you little ****? Did you just eat the bag of Hershey Kisses? I hope those little foil wrappers burn your butt hole when they come out

Old 12-26-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
The 3 stooges huh?

I can call my dog anything, as long as I say it in that baby-talk cutsie-wootsie voice he thinks it's all good.

Hey you little ****? Did you just eat the bag of Hershey Kisses? I hope those little foil wrappers burn your butt hole when they come out
Oh, that is one of the many, ahem......."pet" names they have.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:04 PM

So how is the new computer? Do you like it?

Old 12-26-2013, 02:37 PM

769 posts, read 977,166 times
BeagleLady - I am so sorry you lost him. My stinky dog hogs up the bed. I could have a king sized bed and just the two of us in it. He would STILL take up 3/4's of the bed. Lately with his age he has been sleeping in his own bed on the floor. Which is fine because he puts off some serious body heat.

My stomach is feeling better. I know better than eating cookies and other stuff. Sometimes I hate being the *one* that can't have stuff. People look at me like I am a freak but the next day just isn't worth it. I told them imagine taking cement and eating it. The weight in your stomach is like that. Not to mention the wicked migraine and skin breakouts.

I am still looking for a laptop but really want the I7 so mostly likely I will have to order it online. I have a few more certs to study for and want to get my resume updated. I don't like having my resume on my work computer.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsechick71 View Post
My stomach is feeling better. I know better than eating cookies and other stuff. Sometimes I hate being the *one* that can't have stuff. People look at me like I am a freak but the next day just isn't worth it. I told them imagine taking cement and eating it. The weight in your stomach is like that. Not to mention the wicked migraine and skin breakouts.
I am that freak! LOL
I've had people that don't take me seriously and that REALLY pisses me off. "nope, there's no meat in that"...and then I put it on my plate only to smell bacon wafting from the dish. Then the response is usually "well there's only a little bit".

Old 12-26-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
So how is the new computer? Do you like it?
It's great! I didn't think I would like the touch screen function, because I hate fingerprints on a screen, but I guess the smart phones took care of that. I'm still poking around on it adjusting to 8.1, though this is coming from my PC. So nice to have pages, photos, and videos load & play correctly again.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
It's great! I didn't think I would like the touch screen function, because I hate fingerprints on a screen, but I guess the smart phones took care of that. I'm still poking around on it adjusting to 8.1, though this is coming from my PC. So nice to have pages, photos, and videos load & play correctly again.
I have windows 8.1 on my son's computer. I'm not sure I love it but oh well.

Do you use the touch screen a lot? I have always had the mouse thingy that you slide your finger on...does the touchscreen work on websites and such? Like to press "add to card" LOL

Old 12-26-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I have windows 8.1 on my son's computer. I'm not sure I love it but oh well.

Do you use the touch screen a lot? I have always had the mouse thingy that you slide your finger on...does the touchscreen work on websites and such? Like to press "add to cart" LOL
Oh, s**t! Yeah, you may want to skip the touch screen. At least the touch pad would slow you down a bit.
Windows 8.1 with touchscreen is like using a giant smart phone, but I think MS went too far thinking this would be the wave of the future. There is a on screen keypad that pops up that I find highly awkward to use so I stay with the keyboard. Plus with my PC I'm sitting nearly 3ft away from the screen, no way would a touch screen be functional.
To answer your question; yes, the touch screen will work on websites just like the mouse pointer. As I said it's like a giant smart phone.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Oh, s**t! Yeah, you may want to skip the touch screen. At least the touch pad would slow you down a bit.
LOL...I don't shop online that much. I'd rather go to the store and try things on and/or see, feel and touch what I'm about to buy. However, I will buy online if I can get a better price.

Quote:
Windows 8.1 with touchscreen is like using a giant smart phone, but I think MS went too far thinking this would be the wave of the future. There is a on screen keypad that pops up that I find highly awkward to use so I stay with the keyboard. Plus with my PC I'm sitting nearly 3ft away from the screen, no way would a touch screen be functional.
To answer your question; yes, the touch screen will work on websites just like the mouse pointer. As I said it's like a giant smart phone.
I'll have to play with that a bit more when I get it. Right now if I slide over to the right the home screen comes up (with all those tiles) which I hate....however I don't want to mess with my son's settings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships