Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2013, 10:17 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,567,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Not good. We have "tension" here but I always have to remember that she is his mother, and nothing will change that.
Since dad died she has began expressing her opinion about my wife which is her perogative, but she needs to realize I will punt her ass to the curb. I'll leave it at that.

Quote:
Nope, I have been using my son's computer. I guess I could just go to the store and buy one...not sure what's stopping me.
Hey, you're a procrastinator too!

Quote:
The ribs? Or the baked goods? lol
The ribs, I hope the baked goods would arrive mostly fresh.

Quote:
I have the dinosaur version. I don't use it enough to warrant buying a new one but typing and scrolling on that thing is a PITA too. I leave it at school for some of my kids to use. It gets them interested in reading.
This is one thing she doesn't put down, almost to a fault, so I don't mind obliging her request for a newer one. BTW, it's a Kindle Fire.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:21 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Since dad died she has began expressing her opinion about my wife which is her perogative, but she needs to realize I will punt her ass to the curb. I'll leave it at that.

Hey, you're a procrastinator too!

The ribs, I hope the baked goods would arrive mostly fresh.

This is one thing she doesn't put down, almost to a fault, so I don't mind obliging her request for a newer one. BTW, it's a Kindle Fire.
Wait, she's been picking on your wife to her face? Or bitching to you in confidence?

I am a procrastinator. If I didn't have an option for a computer I would have gone out right away, but his computer is newer than mine and so I've taken it...for now.

Mushy ribs huh? Mushy meat does not sound appealing (and yes, I went there and I meant it! )

I like to read but I'm still loving paper pages. Sometimes it's hard to retrain myself to the newer technology.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Wait, she's been picking on your wife to her face? Or bitching to you in confidence?

I am a procrastinator. If I didn't have an option for a computer I would have gone out right away, but his computer is newer than mine and so I've taken it...for now.

Mushy ribs huh? Mushy meat does not sound appealing (and yes, I went there and I meant it! )

I like to read but I'm still loving paper pages. Sometimes it's hard to retrain myself to the newer technology.
She makes remarks to me when my wife is not around. They have never had a touchy feely relationship but then again we are not a touchy feely family either.

Mushy meat is never a good thing whether you're the giver or recipient.

The Fire is more than the e-reader, but not quite a tablet as it won't perform work functions.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
She makes remarks to me when my wife is not around. They have never had a touchy feely relationship but then again we are not a touchy feely family either.
My mil never liked me. Not sure why...I'm as sweet as can be (are you buying this?). His parents wrote him a letter while he and I were dating, telling him to break up with me, there were other fish in the sea, I was a loser....yadda, yadda.

Quote:
Mushy meat is never a good thing whether you're the giver or recipient.
Yeah, I guess being the giver of mushy meat can be embarrassing. Haven't had that happen yet though.

Quote:
The Fire is more than the e-reader, but not quite a tablet as it won't perform work functions.
Well if one is on a kindle, they probably are having leisure time, so no need for work functions.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
My mil never liked me. Not sure why...I'm as sweet as can be (are you buying this?). His parents wrote him a letter while he and I were dating, telling him to break up with me, there were other fish in the sea, I was a loser....yadda, yadda.
Nice people.
If my parents would have pulled that stunt I would have had two less parents.
I'll buy it that you're as sweet as can be........since it's the holiday season.
My mom is a very negative person which, has become worse over the years. I can only stand her in small doses and her limited scope on life doesn't help at all.

Quote:
Yeah, I guess being the giver of mushy meat can be embarrassing. Haven't had that happen yet though.
I kno......uh.....wait.....I'm lost....what were we talking about?

Quote:
Well if one is on a kindle, they probably are having leisure time, so no need for work functions.
If you haven't looked at the new models they are significantly larger. I inspected the wife's before wrapping and it dwarfs her old one.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Nice people.
If my parents would have pulled that stunt I would have had two less parents.
I'll buy it that you're as sweet as can be........since it's the holiday season.
My mom is a very negative person which, has become worse over the years. I can only stand her in small doses and her limited scope on life doesn't help at all.
Yeah I don't like negative nelly types. I have my moments but I'm pretty upbeat for the most part. More people than not comment on how I'm always so positive (they must not know me well? LOL).
I have sympathy for your mom though...she's all alone now, that has got to be scary after so many years.

Quote:
I kno......uh.....wait.....I'm lost....what were we talking about?
I thought we were talking about your mushy meat that you were going to give me?

Quote:
If you haven't looked at the new models they are significantly larger. I inspected the wife's before wrapping and it dwarfs her old one.
I bet she's itching to get it! That's a tease...LOL
So her surprise was ruined by the UPS peeps? That stinks. Are you getting her anything small that will be a surprise?

I ordered my husband a new wedding band. I asked him if he wanted a new one and he said "yes". I figured he was so used to not wearing one that he wouldn't want it replaced. Guess he's planning on staying married for a bit still...LOL

He's also getting a surprise too, a new polar watch to replace the old one.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Yeah I don't like negative nelly types. I have my moments but I'm pretty upbeat for the most part. More people than not comment on how I'm always so positive (they must not know me well? LOL).
I have sympathy for your mom though...she's all alone now, that has got to be scary after so many years.
This was long before he died but I now realize he was more a referee than I thought. If she were to make a negative assumption, which she does the most, dad would say something to the effect of 'you don't know that for sure.' Maybe that's the reason he never got hearing aids.

Quote:
I thought we were talking about your mushy meat that you were going to give me?
Oh, right I was getting sidetracked.

Quote:
I bet she's itching to get it! That's a tease...LOL
So her surprise was ruined by the UPS peeps? That stinks. Are you getting her anything small that will be a surprise?

I ordered my husband a new wedding band. I asked him if he wanted a new one and he said "yes". I figured he was so used to not wearing one that he wouldn't want it replaced. Guess he's planning on staying married for a bit still...LOL

He's also getting a surprise too, a new polar watch to replace the old one.
I was ruined by the USPS, I thought it was being shipped UPS and she usually checks the mail. I plan to find something for the stocking, but don't know what yet.
On the flip side I'm getting a laptop so we're even.
If your husband hasn't ran away yet without the wedding band methinks you're safe.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
This was long before he died but I now realize he was more a referee than I thought. If she were to make a negative assumption, which she does the most, dad would say something to the effect of 'you don't know that for sure.' Maybe that's the reason he never got hearing aids.

Oh, right I was getting sidetracked.

I was ruined by the USPS, I thought it was being shipped UPS and she usually checks the mail. I plan to find something for the stocking, but don't know what yet.
On the flip side I'm getting a laptop so we're even.
If your husband hasn't ran away yet without the wedding band methinks you're safe.
My mom is the referee on our side, his dad is on his side.

Oh, you are getting a laptop? Which one are you getting? Specs?

Old 11-30-2013, 12:53 PM

17,636 posts, read 22,647,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Hawk, I would then love to lives in the mountains or at the foot of the mountains in Wyoming, Montana, or Idaho.
On vacations we used to search for the place we always dreamed about. We looked in WY, MT, ID, WA, OR,etc. We used to live in CA. We chose Oregon when we found our place. It's a beautiful, forested mountain in southwest OR, with a bass pond, artesian springs, year round creek in the valley. The winters are usually milder here then the other states we looked at.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:55 PM

17,636 posts, read 22,647,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Attachment 121684

Here are the pics I wanted to post earlier....
Beautiful Rainbow, Chow......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships