Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2014, 12:59 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I need a "re-do" for this morning!

Stayed up way too late reading...woke up late (my ass didn't roll out of the bed until 10:30)

Went to enter grades on my new computer and the program doesn't open...grrrrr. So I attempt to fix that...FAIL.

I decide that I need to rearrange my room and refresh the look... I'm tired of the canopy/posters on the bed so I remove them and in the process I pinch my finger pad on my ring finger. I have a HUGE blood blister...okay, FAIL

Next task...dust. I can do this...this is easy. FAIL...knocked over picture and it happens to fall and now I have glass all over the place.

I think I'm going to head back to bed and try again..LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
The hangover...oh god why.
I just now got up, at 11:30. I woke up early, but I refused to get out of bed and finally made it back to sleep.

I'm sorry, Sixy, what a bad start for the year. Maybe you're just getting the bad luck out of the way for the rest of the year.

Duck, hair of the dog?

All I know is, I want Raena at our next New Year's Eve party. How are you feeling, Raena?

Old 01-01-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Okay, did my good deed for the day. My kids come running in the house "there's a bird stuck in a box!!!"

Huh??? How in the world does that happen. So I go outside to investigate. There's a tiny bird and his feet are stuck in a box and he's trying frantically to get loose. I pick him and the box up and flip it over, it's a glue trap box. Okay this INFURIATES me. How freakin' inhumane!!
I get that it's intended for a mouse or small rodent but really? WTF. Azzholes.

His feet were stuck pretty good but I managed to unstick them, hopefully without breaking his toes. The poor thing was so scared. He sat there for a second and once he realized he was free he flew away, seemingly unharmed.
I hate those things. They should be illegal.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:11 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I had to use them once. Mice got in through the dog door and sneak off with the dog food. They ripped all the insulation out of my oven rendering it useless. I couldn't use any poison because of the dogs. So I put those glue things around and at 4 am my cocker spaniel comes to the side of the bed and I turned on the light and she threw this glue trap down with the dead mouse on in and tuffed her chest out all proud she brought me her kill.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I had to use them once. Mice got in through the dog door and sneak off with the dog food. They ripped all the insulation out of my oven rendering it useless. I couldn't use any poison because of the dogs. So I put those glue things around and at 4 am my cocker spaniel comes to the side of the bed and I turned on the light and she threw this glue trap down with the dead mouse on in and tuffed her chest out all proud she brought me her kill.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:33 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,467,599 times
Quote:
Okay, did my good deed for the day. My kids come running in the house "there's a bird stuck in a box!!!"

Huh??? How in the world does that happen. So I go outside to investigate. There's a tiny bird and his feet are stuck in a box and he's trying frantically to get loose. I pick him and the box up and flip it over, it's a glue trap box. Okay this INFURIATES me. How freakin' inhumane!!
I get that it's intended for a mouse or small rodent but really? WTF. Azzholes.

His feet were stuck pretty good but I managed to unstick them, hopefully without breaking his toes. The poor thing was so scared. He sat there for a second and once he realized he was free he flew away, seemingly unharmed.
Sixy, you think that's bad, last week, someone was cutting the pouches of, I believe it was, seagulls open. I was trying to find the article to be more specific, but can't locate it, will try again later, but my brain is on dead zone.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:

They are disgusting but they worked. If I had used the boxes with the poison in them and the dogs got a hold of the mouse and bit into it they'd get poisoned too so all things considered they were the best option I had at the time.

I had this real expensive luggage my mom bought me when I still lived at home because I traveled a lot. I found some on ebay and the one I had sold for over $500 for one piece. So, I went down in the basement to get it to take photos and sell it. Damn mice chewed a hole in the top of it and it was full of dog food.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Sixy, you think that's bad, last week, someone was cutting the pouches of, I believe it was, seagulls open. I was trying to find the article to be more specific, but can't locate it, will try again later, but my brain is on walking dead zone.
Fixed it.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:39 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
They are disgusting but they worked. If I had used the boxes with the poison in them and the dogs got a hold of the mouse and bit into it they'd get poisoned too so all things considered they were the best option I had at the time.

I had this real expensive luggage my mom bought me when I still lived at home because I traveled a lot. I found some on ebay and the one I had sold for over $500 for one piece. So, I went down in the basement to get it to take photos and sell it. Damn mice chewed a hole in the top of it and it was full of dog food.
Yeah, the problem is that they don't kill them quickly, so the rodent or whatever is stuck in them and dies a slow and painful death.... it's a catch22 really... you need to take some control and deal with the problem but on the other hand I hate to see an animal suffer needlessly....

LOL....

Old 01-01-2014, 01:40 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,467,599 times
Quote:
Fixed it.
LOL!

Old 01-01-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, the problem is that they don't kill them quickly, so the rodent or whatever is stuck in them and dies a slow and painful death.... it's a catch22 really... you need to take some control and deal with the problem but on the other hand I hate to see and animal suffer needlessly....

LOL....
Oh no, the cocker spaniel would get it and bite it in two killing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships