Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 09:44 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,674,263 times

Advertisements

In all the hoopla, I've never really asked myself what the point of having a girl in my life actually is...

Is she for babies?
Is she for friendship?
Is she for support?
Is she to look at because she's pretty?
Is there more to her?

I don't know.

My girlfriend asked me today what I wanted from her.
I didn't know.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:47 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,484,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
In all the hoopla, I've never really asked myself what the point of having a girl in my life actually is...

Is she for babies?
Is she for friendship?
Is she for support?
Is there more to her?

I don't know.

I didn't know.
It was a dumb question. We all have a basic human need to love, companionship, affection, support, etc. It isn't complicated.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:53 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,431,220 times
Quote:

Is she for babies?
Is she for friendship?
Is she for support?
Is there more to her?

I don't know.

I didn't know.
You forgot cooking and cleaning

Old 11-05-2013, 09:54 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,692,443 times
Quote:

Is she for babies?
Is she for friendship?
Is she for support?
Is there more to her?

I don't know.

I didn't know.
Oh boy. I'm curious, but can you make an emotional connection to anyone in real life? Does your girlfriend have the same issues?

Old 11-05-2013, 09:55 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,224,262 times
As the old saying goes... if you have to ask, nobody can explain it to you.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:57 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,842,411 times
I prefer to have a woman in my life because the scent of a woman makes me higher than a kite.

Does that make me an addict?

Old 11-05-2013, 09:59 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,674,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
As the old saying goes... if you have to ask, nobody can explain it to you.
My options are two...keeping asking and never know. Stop asking and find out.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:59 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:

Is she for babies?
Is she for friendship?
Is she for support?
Is there more to her?

I don't know.

I didn't know.
sex, its the driving force to being in a relationship; everything else in between is to pass time

Old 11-05-2013, 10:01 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,431,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
sex, its the driving force to being in a relationship; everything else in between is to pass time
Well said my man, well said.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:02 PM

645 posts, read 1,276,450 times
It's a fair topic and whether or not I find it simplistic or not doesn't matter.

Is she for babies? Not any more, but at one time that was important.
Is she for friendship? That would be the primary motivation! She'd have to be my best friend first
Is she for support? Sometimes.
Is she to look at because she's pretty? If she happens to have eye candy, fine, but it's not the entire equation.
Is there more to her?

She'd be somebody to share time, experiences, and life in general with. She'd add to life and give me a deeper sense of belonging. It's real nice to have intimate personal platonic relationships with my romantic interest. For example, just by uttering one word would make her laugh or she could make me laugh as everybody around us wondered what we were going on about. I've dated some rather plain girls in my day who were fabulously matched to me. Ironically, one skinny plain girl in particular has always stuck in my mind. She moved away in 1985 and broke my heart. I was in the USMC at the time, so I couldn't follow. That girl became the most beautiful woman in the world to me, and she was rather plain. I've dated some textbook hot shapely women in my day, and not one was ever as beautiful as the plain girl who enamored and struck me stupid.

48 year old white blue collar male from Pennsylvania.

Cheers,
bolillo

Last edited by bolillo_loco; 11-05-2013 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: No Rhodes scholar here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships