U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-08-2013, 12:35 PM
 
375 posts, read 315,733 times
Reputation: 474

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolillo_loco View Post
Do you really want to play second fiddle to a career woman who's always reminding you how much more important her career is than you/yours? While it's not always the case I know, it's often been my experience. Moreover, many are caught up in the Jones syndrome with perfect house, school district, etc.

Find a regular girl, don't get caught up in consumerism and having the perfect house in the suburbs, and be happy. It's a lot simpler, less hectic, and more satisfying.

Good luck,
bolillo
So what is a "regular girl"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-08-2013, 12:43 PM
 
Location: Cumberland Co., TN
21,715 posts, read 21,610,835 times
Reputation: 21383
Quote:
Do you really want to play second fiddle to a career woman who's always
reminding you how much more important her career is than you/yours? While it's
not always the case I know, it's often been my experience. Moreover, many are
caught up in the Jones syndrome with perfect house, school district, etc.
Is this true for career men as well?
Should women just look for a regular guy they wont have to play second fiddle to and who wont remind them how their job is unimportant and isn't a career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2013, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Florida
769 posts, read 828,107 times
Reputation: 576
I am a successful career woman. I can't be bothered with getting a bunch of emails, texts or phone calls during the day. There are times that I am in meetings from 7 am until 3 or 3:30 pm. I get time to eat some lunch and pee. Not all my days are like that but there are some.

IF we live together give me about 15 minutes to take change my clothing, and change out of work mode.

Have your own interests. I have my own interests and am happy to share them with you. However, don't complain to me about 6 months after about the time I spend with horse or gym. I do all off it with balance. The horse time keeps me from being a raging witch and is my passion.

PLEASE have your finances in order.

PLEASE no baby momma drama.

No drugs or alcholics.

I grew up in a blue collar family and I know the value of hard work. I have busted my rear to get where i am today.

I have a good life-work balance that is an effort. I do have weeks that I have to put in overtime but the next week I will only work 4 days or leave early. I like to go away for weekends and be outdoors. I am very down to earth and low maintance. I don't believe in buying a new car every year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2013, 12:49 PM
 
Location: east coast
2,807 posts, read 2,287,601 times
Reputation: 1875
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I can only speak for this "career woman" and not all but I see these things as important:
  • We want a man who's a grown-up, not a little boy. If you want a woman in your life to do your laundry, open your mail for you, pay the bills, and handle all the responsibilities, just so you can "play" then you're still a little boy. If we visit your home and it's a complete mess or looks like a frat house, then we'll decide that you're still a little boy. If you have nothing in your fridge but leftover pizza and beer, you're a little boy. If you don't own pots and pans or a full set of flatware, you're a little boy.
  • Don't call, text, or e-mail repeatedly throughout the day when we're working. One of the reasons we've gotten so far in our careers is that we're good at keeping work life separate from personal life. We don't need or want you to call with little sweet-nothings (or phone sex for that matter) during the workday.
  • Be able to make decisions. We don't want a guy who says "whatever you want." We'd like YOU to pick the restaurant, movie, outing, at least half the time. Some of us make decisions all day long, and though we have control over our personal lives, sometimes we want the other person to decide where we'll go for Italian or Chinese tonight. Also, be able to make the bigger decisions in life. Considering changing jobs? It's fine to get my input, but don't ask me what you should do. If you want us to live together, say so. If you're thinking of getting married, say so.
  • You don't have to be rich, but be financially stable and responsible. Credit cards maxed out? Blowing money on a bunch of flashy crap? Overdrawing your bank account because you didn't pay attention to the balance? Can't get a car without a co-signer? We'll run the other way. Fast.
  • Have interests that are interesting to talk about. Something besides sports and your work. Video games don't count.
  • Be decently groomed. We like a guy who can be jeans-and-sweatshirt on weekends, but who knows what's appropriate to wear to a nice restaurant, or to the workplace. No need to be "metro," but get haircuts when you need to, don't miss little areas on your neck when you shave, and don't have nails bitten down below the quick. If you haven't learned this already, learn it now: you actually have to wash your feet in the shower--scrub them. Letting the soapy water run over them and assuming they're clean is not enough.
  • Have a whole life that doesn't include me--hobbies, friends, organizations. Don't try to make me your whole life. I have a whole life, and though you might become a nice PART of that life, you're just a PART of it. It's okay to do stuff separately and miss each other a little.
  • Know something about what you drink and eat. Don't limit yourself to just beer. Learn a little about different kinds of wine, good whisky, etc. If you are into beer, I'm fine with you teaching me about various micro-brews, but be willing to try wine with me. Enjoy more kinds of food apart from burgers, hot wings, and Italian pasta dishes.
  • Make us laugh. We deal with a bunch of annoying stuff that p*sses us off all day long. We want someone to joke around with, who can make smart witty jokes as well as being silly/goofy.

There you have it gents... The only way one could have compiled that list is if a person dated many men with those negative qualities. Not 1, or 2, or 3, or 4 men could have completed that list alone... As the saying goes -"you learn from your mistakes".

Anyway, if you are a man that cannot only handle that list but also handle the type of woman that felt so passionately about this subject that she took the time away from her busy schedule to post this list (including insisting on not missing little areas on the neck), then I don't see a problem... You just need to make sure that she knows you are the king of the castle and you have the final say, when you say, and she better move...

Last edited by halfamazing; 11-08-2013 at 12:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2013, 01:07 PM
 
Location: east coast
2,807 posts, read 2,287,601 times
Reputation: 1875
Im sorry but if a person has a list that long with such detail, that only means that person attracts and initially accepts these types... Please... a person didn't have to get to the "letting the soapy water run over them and assuming they're clean is not enough" part to already know what kind of a person she was dealing with and still stuck around to find out about an over drawn account- which mostly is found out after months into a LTR... All of that doesn't happen with only just a few bad ones or bad luck... It's the only option a woman with a list has cause REAL MEN don't put up with that.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2013, 01:10 PM
 
Location: east coast
2,807 posts, read 2,287,601 times
Reputation: 1875
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsechick71 View Post
I am a successful career woman. I can't be bothered with getting a bunch of emails, texts or phone calls during the day. There are times that I am in meetings from 7 am until 3 or 3:30 pm. I get time to eat some lunch and pee. Not all my days are like that but there are some.

IF we live together give me about 15 minutes to take change my clothing, and change out of work mode.

Have your own interests. I have my own interests and am happy to share them with you. However, don't complain to me about 6 months after about the time I spend with horse or gym. I do all off it with balance. The horse time keeps me from being a raging witch and is my passion.

PLEASE have your finances in order.

PLEASE no baby momma drama.

No drugs or alcholics.

I grew up in a blue collar family and I know the value of hard work. I have busted my rear to get where i am today.

I have a good life-work balance that is an effort. I do have weeks that I have to put in overtime but the next week I will only work 4 days or leave early. I like to go away for weekends and be outdoors. I am very down to earth and low maintance. I don't believe in buying a new car every year.
But the potential is there and a main quality in career women.... Just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2013, 01:34 PM
 
7,762 posts, read 4,969,791 times
Reputation: 13363
We need to distinguish between "career woman" and "pretentious middle-class materialist".

I'd love to date a touring concert pianist, even though I'd only see her sporadically because of her strenuous practice-sessions and performance schedule. I'd love to date a medical intern who quite literally lives at the hospital and for whom a luxurious date is a quick jaunt to Starbucks. I'd love to date a petrochemist whose life's quest is synthesizing just the right compound to reduce friction in oil transmission pipes, or a professor of classics working on a new translation of Thucydides, or the campaign manager for our congressman, or even the local judge (if she's female, that is). But if she judges me based on my personal hygiene or the clutter in my house, she can go pluck those strings or squeeze that pipette or cuddle in that black robe all by her little lonesome. And that holds whether she's the CEO of Yahoo or a maid at the local Motel-6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2013, 01:40 PM
 
Location: Cumberland Co., TN
21,715 posts, read 21,610,835 times
Reputation: 21383
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Im sorry but if a person has a list that long with such detail, that only means that person attracts and initially accepts these types... Please... a person didn't have to get to the "letting the soapy water run over them and assuming they're clean is not enough" part to already know what kind of a person she was dealing with and still stuck around to find out about an over drawn account- which mostly is found out after months into a LTR... All of that doesn't happen with only just a few bad ones or bad luck... It's the only option a woman with a list has cause REAL MEN don't put up with that.....

If you summarize "the list" it sounds pretty reasonable.


A decently groomed, financially stable and responsible grown up able to make decision. Someone that has independent outside interests and hobbies to occupy their down time. Needs to have a sense of humor and can make me laugh.


I left out the foodie part. I think that's more personal but the rest I think most career women would agree on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2013, 01:41 PM
 
Location: east coast
2,807 posts, read 2,287,601 times
Reputation: 1875
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
We need to distinguish between "career woman" and "pretentious middle-class materialist".

I'd love to date a touring concert pianist, even though I'd only see her sporadically because of her strenuous practice-sessions and performance schedule. I'd love to date a medical intern who quite literally lives at the hospital and for whom a luxurious date is a quick jaunt to Starbucks. I'd love to date a petrochemist whose life's quest is synthesizing just the right compound to reduce friction in oil transmission pipes, or a professor of classics working on a new translation of Thucydides, or the campaign manager for our congressman, or even the local judge (if she's female, that is). But if she judges me based on my personal hygiene or the clutter in my house, she can go pluck those strings or squeeze that pipette or cuddle in that black robe all by her little lonesome. And that holds whether she's the CEO of Yahoo or a maid at the local Motel-6.
Say it again brother! Just a regular girl without all the hold ups. "You know I am busy baby, but when we meet up, I will make it count."... that is what we as men want to hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2013, 01:44 PM
 
645 posts, read 1,100,010 times
Reputation: 1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Panthers View Post
So what is a "regular girl"?
Somebody who values family and friends above a career, materialistic tripe, and all things designed to separate her from her money and spread discontent and disenchantment. That would be a "regular girl." One who's happy with simple things in life and doesn't need to have the Rockefeller Mint. If you're a woman, just change the gender because it's all the same.

Thanks for asking,
bolillo

Last edited by bolillo_loco; 11-08-2013 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: No Rhodes scholar here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:56 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top