Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 11:11 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
It surprises a lot of people to learn that some people are immune from getting AIDS. I was with someone for 10 years with AIDS, never any condoms used, no safe sex, and just before dying he told me: Don't worry! You're not going to get AIDS, God's got a more vicious disease awaiting you some day!

2 years after he died, I got tested! Negative! I think he was right, which has had me shaking eversince. What more vicious disease awaits my end?

I once took care of an AIDS patient, he knew he had AIDS, but couldn't test positive until the very end!

Yes, the incubation period! Which can be a long one! For someone who tells me he's HIV-, that gives me no reassurance whatsoever! But if some idiot wishes for me to get tested, I'll do so! And laugh silently!
While I am glad that you never contracted HIV it is very dangerous to highlight the alleged 10% while the 90% are vulnerable to exposure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 11:13 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times
One benefit of being with someone in the military are regular screenings for these and other wellness issues...the gov't. likes to always know what your bill of health looks like.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:27 AM

32,659 posts, read 48,067,543 times
My opinion: if you don't know a person well enough to discuss STD's and birth control with them, you don't know them well enough to have intercourse with them.

After you have your pants off is a bit too late. Discuss the matter during the day time, on a walk, or some other calm situation.

Condoms 100% of the time, until after you are exclusive, both tested, and you are 100% sure of your partner's loyalty.

It's an awkward topic to bring up, so your potential partner will be glad that you are the one who broached the subject while they were still trying to figure out how to ease into that conversation.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:33 AM

887 posts, read 1,100,466 times
All right...wow! Cards on the table for the world to see here. I have an STD I got from the wife who recently left me. HAHA It's really the only thing she left me with HAHA

I am terrified that I have to go back out into the dating world with this baggage eventually. I just have to accept that it is the ABC's of me now and there isn't anything I can do to change it. The idea of casual dating doesn't seem as thrilling, now it feel like I have to have an agenda, and that sucks. Oh well.

When I'm ready, I anticipate a lot of cold showers and rejection, but what else do I have to loose? I'm sure there is a dating site for us out there somewhere if I get to desperate HAHAHA

To answer your question...when it feels like you want to take it to the next step, is when you have the conversation.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:47 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,847 times
I don't really care since its almost impossible for a straight man to get HIV/AIDS from sex.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:50 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
I don't really care since its almost impossible for a straight man to get HIV/AIDS from sex.
ohKAYYyy! Good to know! Ladies, we have nothing to worry about--the odds of straight men having HIV are virtually nil! You heard it first on C-D!

Old 12-03-2013, 11:51 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Please tell me you make sure that you firmly and clearly vocalize this particular belief to anybody that you are planning on being remotely physically intimate with from the get-go. It's a really important thing for prospective partners to know about you.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:08 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times
This is why it's so great to have the conversation. If someone comes out with a truly whacko, scientifically illiterate statement like some on this page, I know they are not knowledgeable enough to practice effective prevention.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:12 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
If someone comes out with a truly whacko, scientifically illiterate statement like some on this page
How is what I said scientifically illiterate. Go look at the rates of HIV/AIDS contraction for straight non drug using males. it's almost non-existent. It would take a miracle for that straight guy to get HIV/AIDS in America especially if he is a white male.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:18 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,338,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
When do you ask the questions?
Or do you just use a condom with no conversation about the issue?
Do you require an STD screening?
Would you be offended if asked to take an STD screening before any sexual interactions?
I ask the question on the first date. Plus a lot of other probably intrusive questions but that's just me haha.

Their answer of STD FREE, for me really changes nothing. I go in with the belief that this person could have a disease and take necessary precautions regardless of what they say... when it comes to not having anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships