Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 06:55 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times

Advertisements

Met him at a dance in HS. I had just broke up with a boyfriend that morning. Didn't feel like going but my friend talked me into it. My friend was dating my husband's best friend at the time. He was going to be there with them (he was driving) and she didn't want him to feel like the 3rd wheel.

We had gone to the same school the entire time, but never crossed paths until that dance at the end of our senior year (big school). He knew who I was, but I hadn't a clue who he was, I asked him if he went to our school when we met, I think he was a bit insulted. The most ironic part, he was a football player and I was captain of the cheerleading squad. I just didn't hang with that crowd and neither did he...LOL

He wound up going away to school shortly after we met, but we continued the relationship and I eventually transferred to a school near him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 07:35 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,310 times
Cool thread.

I met my first wife selling art work door to door. Framed and glass, ready to hang. I had Monet, Renoir, Ansel Adams...Ive got some Disney, O'Keeffe, and Power Rangers in the car $20. She was a manager at a brand new, getting ready to open restaurant and I happened to walk in at the perfect moment. She and the owner bought 16 prints.

The two had been in town for only a couple of weeks, so I invited them to the Cinema and Draft House in town with some other friends of mine to watch Natural Born Killers. (What? like you wouldn't go out with some guy selling shady merchandise and has tattoo on his head, to a movie like that? You know you want to!)
There were five or six of us in the group. We drank a gallon of gallo. Went back to her house. All hung out for about an hour. She had never met any of us, yet handled conversation with everybody there with such style. SHe was very friendly and engaging. She then got up and told everyone what a great and fun evening she had. What a nice welcome to a new town and it was time for them to leave. I was told to stay. The rest goes in a different thread

Old 12-07-2013, 07:56 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I was at a knife throwing convention, she was a slightly naïve participant.... it somehow worked out....

Old 12-07-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowhound View Post
i was at a knife throwing convention, she was a slightly naïve participant.... It somehow worked out....
hahaha

Old 12-07-2013, 09:28 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
I was done with Match and let my subscription run out but I kept getting e mails from them about someone viewed me or winked at me, etc. I bought one more months worth and nothing they mentioned really caught my eye so I figured I just wasted that money!

About a week later someone winked at me and I kind of ignored him for a few days because he lived a little further away that I wanted in a mate. He also wasn't quite my type. After looking at his profile a few times, I messaged him and we actually messaged quite a bit after that. Then we talked a bit, and finally we met. We've been together ever since.

Right now he is the lucky wearer of a pair of earplugs and is in bed but I cannot sleep. He brought me to a resort for the weekend for my birthday and the people above us are louder than heck! Guess that's why I am here....

Met him on line and he picked me up for our first date almost a month later and we spent the day in DC. We have really never been much apart since.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:32 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,377,654 times
Used to work with her mom's bf. Him and my gf's mom set us up. We talked for weeks before meeting and finally met at a small family get together. Very awkward haha. Guess we both had anticipation. After a few hrs and we coukd be alone without all the pressure things were great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 12-07-2013, 10:01 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,218,289 times
The boy next door in 6th grade.

Both of our little brothers thought it would be if we married each other and then they could be related. So they started their campaign, telling me that he really liked me but wanted me to say it first, and then at the same time they told him that I really liked him but wanted me to say it first. Hey, not bad for a couple of 3rd graders!

Worked out and it's been over 40 years!

Old 12-07-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post

Both of our little brothers thought it would be if we married each other and then they could be related. So they started their campaign, telling me that he really liked me but wanted me to say it first, and then at the same time they told him that I really liked him but wanted me to say it first. Hey, not bad for a couple of 3rd graders!

HAHAHA Very cool!!!

Old 12-07-2013, 10:06 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post

That is too darn cute

Old 12-07-2013, 10:08 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
Cool thread.

I met my first wife selling art work door to door. Framed and glass, ready to hang. I had Monet, Renoir, Ansel Adams...Ive got some Disney, O'Keeffe, and Power Rangers in the car $20. She was a manager at a brand new, getting ready to open restaurant and I happened to walk in at the perfect moment. She and the owner bought 16 prints.

The two had been in town for only a couple of weeks, so I invited them to the Cinema and Draft House in town with some other friends of mine to watch Natural Born Killers. (What? like you wouldn't go out with some guy selling shady merchandise and has tattoo on his head, to a movie like that? You know you want to!)
There were five or six of us in the group. We drank a gallon of gallo. Went back to her house. All hung out for about an hour. She had never met any of us, yet handled conversation with everybody there with such style. SHe was very friendly and engaging. She then got up and told everyone what a great and fun evening she had. What a nice welcome to a new town and it was time for them to leave. I was told to stay. The rest goes in a different thread
Wow, that's something! No wonder you were so attracted to her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships